Rosie O'Donnell on 'The View' Makes Elisabeth Hasselbeck Cry

There are 134 comments on the National Ledger story from Sep 19, 2006, titled Rosie O'Donnell on 'The View' Makes Elisabeth Hasselbeck Cry. In it, National Ledger reports that:

Bombastic Rosie O'Donnell has recently been hammered as a bigot for her comments on 'The View' that were incendiary towards Christians.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Ledger.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
David Fox

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2006
From a proud gay republican. Rosie, you should be ashamed of yourself and you should be fired NOW!
Jeff Jackson

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Sep 19, 2006
Why is Rosie so full of hate! I am sure The View will continue to loose viewers.
KIm Knoxville TN

Washington, DC

#3 Sep 19, 2006
IM a Christian on the "Left" and I in NO way would even compare the Radical Christians to Radical Muslims No Christian I know or have ever known or known of has so much hatered in their heart to want to kill all that dont believe they way they do and no were in the Holy Bible does it state to do so in the name of God! To kill anyone in anyones name is a SIN and is the exact opposite of Christ. Its sad that she has access via the "view" to voice such horribly distasteful remarks! I think she is doing a bad job of any kind of entertainment! My suggestion to turn the channel permantely
Connie Bonds

AOL

#4 Sep 20, 2006
I am a Christain, I am not sure what a
radical Christian" is but if it is someone who not only believes in Jesus Christ, that his love is boundless, that he died for us all, then I guess I would be a "radical christian". This email states it correctly if this comment had been made about any other group, apologies would be made. I am also glad to admit that part of being a christian is the ability to forgive someone when they make comments that are not fact based and are brought on by either ignorance or the desire to hurt otheres. I doubt seriously that Mrs. O'Donnell wishes to inflict pain on anyone so I must conclude that this statement was made in ignorance. Jesus Christ loves us all and wants nothing but good for all of us. Any thing else that comes our way (most of the time) we bring on ourselves. And even when we get ourselves into situations he always gives us a way out. Mrs. O'Donnell has done much good for a lot of people and if she could experience and know how it feels to be a born again Christian, she would have very different opinion. I will be remembering her (and those of you she works with) in prayer.
As I did not hear the statements that were made all I have to go on are what I was told, If she was misquoted or these accusations are unfounded please accept my apologies I do not wish to accuse anyone of anything they did not do.
respectfully,
Connie Bonds
Bondsmomrn@aol.com
weighin in

Garden Grove, CA

#5 Sep 25, 2006
rosie was right. just because a person speaks the truth, why are so many people in this country so quick to say they're hateful???? damn. truth be told, you all sound a tad insane...
About Time

Tulsa, OK

#6 Sep 26, 2006
Just as the Pope called the factions in the Middle East radicals, seems the reactions here foster the same Hate. Although your group sends the bombs via the Military. A hands off approach. What is the difference? It is all Terroisim in someones mind.

I have always felt any Sprituality or Religion that runs out of control is a very bad thing. More like a CULT than a Religion is how the Right Wing Christians seem to be acting over the past few years.

Seems they continue to run the blame game on Bill Clinton. They HATE Gays, and many of them state that publically on Television and other media.

WAKE UP it is 2006 not 1906. This is the new world, like it or not. The majority of wars on earth were waged between religious groups, the current one in the Middle East is another prime example.

I earned more money, had more fun and enjoyed life 90% more when Clinton was president. Bush is more like Hitler, attacking entire contries just to find one person. And the BIG LIE regarding the Weapons of Mass Destruction. More like "distraction" to keep the consumers attention on the Middle East while the Oil Barons purchased Cheap Oil from Venezuala and sold it to consumers for $3+ per gallon.

Who are the Terriosts, depends who's eyes are watching. I am sure the children and families in Iraq have a totally different view. Rosie is only enlightning the sleeping public to that fact, as she did about the Motagage Trapped FEMA encampment people in Louisiana.

THE VIEW, best title anyone could of come up with, and ROSIE has pulled back the curtains on the "Great and Powerfull OZ"

It is about time we hear what so many Americans are feeling. Wages lower than ever, cost of living higher than ever, gasoline prices out of sight, lack of gainfull jobs, business closings everywhere, phones being disconected at record pace, bankruptcy laws being changed due to the record number of filings. Discrimination run rampant, mostly due to the radical Christians. Especially with the Gays, Blacks, Hispanics and other minorities in this country.

Gay Marriage treated like the plague by those same Radical Christians. Good Grief, I sure hope none of those Radical Christians ever have children, because one of them may be Gay.

Rosie is a breath of fresh air and tells it like it is. Today she pointed out the FEMA camps in Lousiana and illustrated how the NFL simply ignored the people living there to re-build their Profit Center.

Rosie, Shining the Light on Truth on TV. Rush could not seem to get it done on TV, but Rosie sure has raised some much needed to be delt with issues.

Where do I send my donation to keep her on TV? Best thing to happen in my lifetime. I love her!
sarah

Athens, GA

#7 Oct 4, 2006
rosie you need to be fired now. in no way shape or form is the view your political platform for 2006/2008 elections. all views count on that show.
about time, your facts are inaccurate. liberal views are distractions from terrorism.
Priscilla

United States

#8 Oct 19, 2006
They made a HUGE mistake hiring Rosie to co host The View. I'd rather listen to Star talk about her wedding, than hear Rosie's loud mouth on a daily basis. I am also tired of her ramming her Lesbian relationship down everyone's throats as if we are all just going to accept it. I do not care to hear her talk about vagina's. I do not appreciate how she snapped at Elisabeth and told her to stop yelling, when Elisabeth was not yelling at all. Rosie is way too liberal for this show. Liberal's do not bother me, but Rosie is one to the extreme.I've also stopped watching the show since she smarted off to Elisabeth in such a manner, and had done it to Joy a few day's earlier. She is also trying to steal the show, and has even interrupted Barbara on many occasions. She makes me sick.
Meghan

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 19, 2006
If The View wants to be a source of intelligent discussion - they need to find someone other than Rosie. She continues to ask for respect for her own personal opinions and decisions (which I personally do not agree with) but she bashes and disrespect's my religion and who I am as a person?!?!

The only reason I watch the show is to remind myself of the type of person I do not want to be.

So Rosie, get a clue - read up on current events - make logical conclusions - stop talking if you don't have any FACTUAL/ACCURATE information! The more you talk - the more unintelligent you sound!

We are laughing at you - not with you!
Tiffany

Hightstown, NJ

#10 Oct 20, 2006
Priscilla wrote:
I am also tired of her ramming her Lesbian relationship down everyone's throats as if we are all just going to accept it. I do not care to hear her talk about vagina's... Rosie is way too liberal for this show. Liberal's do not bother me, but Rosie is one to the extreme.I've also stopped watching the show since she smarted off to Elisabeth in such a manner, and had done it to Joy a few day's earlier. She is also trying to steal the show, and has even interrupted Barbara on many occasions. She makes me sick.
First of all, Homosexuality is a part of life. so accept that. I'm not an Atheist or a Republican or a Pacific Islander, but I believe that all of those things exist. You don't like it? Tough shit, write about it in your journal. Nobody is asking you or cares if you like it. It may not be a part of your life, but it's a part of some people's and denying its existence will not make it go away.

Liberal's do not "bother" you? Well, let me tell you something. Why do you think Rosie is on this show? Because sometimes extremists are the only way to affect.

And as for your BW comment, I've had the "pleasure" of spending some time with her and while she's a great reporter and interviewer, she's the meanest and coldest of them all.
Joyce

Burlington, Canada

#11 Oct 20, 2006
I quit watching the view since Rosie O,donnell came on.One show with her was more than enough for me.Find her disgusting loud and rude.Hope you choose Elizabeth over her.
Ellen is Better

United States

#12 Oct 21, 2006
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Homosexuality is a part of life. so accept that. I'm not an Atheist or a Republican or a Pacific Islander, but I believe that all of those things exist. You don't like it? Tough shit, write about it in your journal. Nobody is asking you or cares if you like it. It may not be a part of your life, but it's a part of some people's and denying its existence will not make it go away.
Liberal's do not "bother" you? Well, let me tell you something. Why do you think Rosie is on this show? Because sometimes extremists are the only way to affect.
And as for your BW comment, I've had the "pleasure" of spending some time with her and while she's a great reporter and interviewer, she's the meanest and coldest of them all.
Tiffany, first of all, take a doggy downer! You're getting way too worked up and sassy over nothing honey! Priscilla is right. Any chance Rosie has to talk about her lesbianism and her lifestyle, she does. It's just a fact -- nothing to fight about or get defensive over. We know the story... "she's here, and she's queer", that's been established, so the constant reminding is really unnecessary and only making people (yes, even the gay ones)rather bored. Homosexuality is not a part of everyone's life, but it does exist and we're well aware of that. I don't think Priscilla is denying homosexuality by saying she doesn't care for Rosie O'Donnell. Hell, I don't care for Rosie either, as she's my least favorite lesbian, comedianne/actor. Now, you want to talk about funny... let's talk Ellen DeGeneres! She's not only funny, but she's lighthearted and NICE too! Something Rosie O'Donnell is incapable of being, because she's too worked up and busy spewing her politics all over the place. Rosie fell out of the closet and turned into INSTA-B*@#$! She has become very vicious and nasty-spirited towards anyone who disagree with her opinion, because in her world, if you speak loudly and talk over everyone, you're right about everything. So, don't get down on Pricilla with the "tough shit" comments, as Rosie rubs a lot of people the wrong way for MANY different reasons, some of which have nothing to do with her being a lesbian.
Go Ellen!!!
BTW: I'm a straight-married-God-fearing-c onservative-got gays in my family, Mom.
Tiffany

Hightstown, NJ

#13 Oct 23, 2006
Ellen is Better wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiffany, first of all, take a doggy downer! You're getting way too worked up and sassy over nothing honey! Priscilla is right. Any chance Rosie has to talk about her lesbianism and her lifestyle, she does. It's just a fact -- nothing to fight about or get defensive over. We know the story... "she's here, and she's queer", that's been established, so the constant reminding is really unnecessary and only making people (yes, even the gay ones)rather bored. Homosexuality is not a part of everyone's life, but it does exist and we're well aware of that. I don't think Priscilla is denying homosexuality by saying she doesn't care for Rosie O'Donnell. Hell, I don't care for Rosie either, as she's my least favorite lesbian, comedianne/actor. Now, you want to talk about funny... let's talk Ellen DeGeneres! She's not only funny, but she's lighthearted and NICE too! Something Rosie O'Donnell is incapable of being, because she's too worked up and busy spewing her politics all over the place. Rosie fell out of the closet and turned into INSTA-B*@#$! She has become very vicious and nasty-spirited towards anyone who disagree with her opinion, because in her world, if you speak loudly and talk over everyone, you're right about everything. So, don't get down on Pricilla with the "tough shit" comments, as Rosie rubs a lot of people the wrong way for MANY different reasons, some of which have nothing to do with her being a lesbian.
Go Ellen!!!
BTW: I'm a straight-married-God-fearing-c onservative-got gays in my family, Mom.
I'm only commenting on the fact that Priscilla DID say that she's ramming her lesbian relationship down our throats "as if we are going to accept it". Yes, it struck a chord, but it probably would if you were gay and you saw "fat dyke" written all over these boards. Clearly she's not the best representation of gays in the media. You're right, Ellen IS better. But if we don't like Barbra Streisand for making fun of Bush we don't call her a Bitchy Jew, just as we don't refer to people as Spics etc etc. It irritated me to come on this board and see that the fact that Rosie can be obnoxious is directly related to the fact that she's a lesbian. Give me a break.
Katrina

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 23, 2006
I have to say that indeed this is America, home of freedom and democracy. Free Speech is a great asset in the winnings that come just from being born in America. On that note, as an American with European heritage, George Bush is no Hitler. Disagree with policies all you want. But test your own intelligence. What is America's greatest flaw? Time and tests show it is our lack of adequately teaching history to our children. Compare the President to other crooked presidents. Comparing him to the darkest side of human creation that destroyed millions of innocent men , women, and children is by true definition of the word, stupid. Sadly, our culture looks at Hitler as a bad guy whose name is used in satire. Talk to a Jewish American survivor of WWII Germany. Talk to Any European Americans who lived through the hell of WWII and have more patriotism for the America that saved them than you do. Branch out and rent Shindler's List, Diary of Anne Frank. Or just read. You will find that the truth about Hitler is nothing to take lightly.
About Time wrote:
Just as the Pope called the factions in the Middle East radicals, seems the reactions here foster the same Hate. Although your group sends the bombs via the Military. A hands off approach. What is the difference? It is all Terroisim in someones mind.
I have always felt any Sprituality or Religion that runs out of control is a very bad thing. More like a CULT than a Religion is how the Right Wing Christians seem to be acting over the past few years.
Seems they continue to run the blame game on Bill Clinton. They HATE Gays, and many of them state that publically on Television and other media.
WAKE UP it is 2006 not 1906. This is the new world, like it or not. The majority of wars on earth were waged between religious groups, the current one in the Middle East is another prime example.
I earned more money, had more fun and enjoyed life 90% more when Clinton was president. Bush is more like Hitler, attacking entire contries just to find one person. And the BIG LIE regarding the Weapons of Mass Destruction. More like "distraction" to keep the consumers attention on the Middle East while the Oil Barons purchased Cheap Oil from Venezuala and sold it to consumers for $3+ per gallon.
Who are the Terriosts, depends who's eyes are watching. I am sure the children and families in Iraq have a totally different view. Rosie is only enlightning the sleeping public to that fact, as she did about the Motagage Trapped FEMA encampment people in Louisiana.
THE VIEW, best title anyone could of come up with, and ROSIE has pulled back the curtains on the "Great and Powerfull OZ"
It is about time we hear what so many Americans are feeling. Wages lower than ever, cost of living higher than ever, gasoline prices out of sight, lack of gainfull jobs, business closings everywhere, phones being disconected at record pace, bankruptcy laws being changed due to the record number of filings. Discrimination run rampant, mostly due to the radical Christians. Especially with the Gays, Blacks, Hispanics and other minorities in this country.
Gay Marriage treated like the plague by those same Radical Christians. Good Grief, I sure hope none of those Radical Christians ever have children, because one of them may be Gay.
Rosie is a breath of fresh air and tells it like it is. Today she pointed out the FEMA camps in Lousiana and illustrated how the NFL simply ignored the people living there to re-build their Profit Center.
Rosie, Shining the Light on Truth on TV. Rush could not seem to get it done on TV, but Rosie sure has raised some much needed to be delt with issues.
Where do I send my donation to keep her on TV? Best thing to happen in my lifetime. I love her!
Renee

United States

#15 Nov 28, 2006
Meghan wrote:
but she bashes and disrespect's my religion and who I am as a person?!
Meghan, you are offended by someone disrespecting you and your religion. As a Christian I can say that “radical Christianity” is just as bad as radical ___“insert religion here – please include Islam”.

What’s wrong with someone having an opinion different from yours? There are many things which I do not agree with, but it does not mean I can or should prevent someone from expressing their “Views”.

So much damage has been done in the name of God, Allah, or Jesus Christ. Have we forgotten the Holy Wars, or that America was founded by people seeking religious freedom? We claimed that all men were created equal, and excluded women and other races, especially blacks. Someone had to start speaking against these things before we were able to change.

You get no where by hiding your head in the mud. Unfortunately too many Christians are willing to do this. Are you willing to take away rights from others because you feel your moral views are superior?

It’s time to look towards what is right, not based on religion, but based on human value. All humans have value, no matter the religion. We all have rights “certain inalienable right”, according to the Declaration of Independence. Or did this mean “white-Christian men”? If we went to the past, Meghan, you would have not rights, minorities would have no rights, and gays would have fewer rights. Is this what you want?

If you want to push Christian views into politics, then let’s add some that we all think are wrong, like stoning, how we keep the Sabbath, make divorce illegal, give men the right to beat women. The list could be pages long. Bottom line Meghan, someone had to speak out to get rights for you and me.

We are becoming a xenophobic country, and I do not like it. We are becoming less tolerant of varying view points. We are beginning to lose religious freedoms. There is no good in this, so please be more Christian and look at what is best for people, not just you.

Rosie Odonell, is not my favorite person, and I find her offensive in terms of her demeanor and lack of respect for others. I also find her irritating and abrasive. She has taken over the View and it has become the new Rosie show, and I no longer like the View. Nevertheless many of her views are worth considering and reflect the thoughts of other Americans; including mine at times.
Sherry

Sacramento, CA

#17 Jan 4, 2007
David Fox wrote:
From a proud gay republican. Rosie, you should be ashamed of yourself and you should be fired NOW!
The only good thing about that show I stopped watching years ago is...Elisabeth. The rest of them remind me of all the girls at high school I couldn't stand.
Sherry

Sacramento, CA

#18 Jan 4, 2007
I have to be polite so.....I can say NADA.
Irish Eyes

Plymouth, MI

#19 Jan 9, 2007
I agree with you. I feel sorry for Elisabeth nearly everyday when she gets told off by Rosie. The entire premise of the show was to have four women with different views, not one loud mouth with one view.
Amanda

Toronto, Canada

#20 Jan 31, 2007
I think that Rosie feels she is better than everybody else on the view. Everyone on the show are grown women and do not need to be interrupted by Rosie everytime they try to make a point that is in contrast of what she says. I used to enjoy the view before Rosie was brought in. Now it is just funny and how to see how a person can be so rude on television and the others just take it, perhaps because they don't see the need to be a jerk like rosie does. When Rosie has an opinion, she mentions that "well the show is called the view" meaning that she is just speaking her view but when somebody else does, she argues with them. This is just how I feel.
Jim Jawbreaker

Lansing, MI

#21 Feb 20, 2007
Give them hell Rosie. By the way, just saying you are a christian make absolutely nosense. One thing that I have learned over the years is that there is a clear line between believrs and non-believers but the line is drawn by the believers. Read your won book and keep your religion to your self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosie O'Donnell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View's Nicolle WallaceAdmits to Experiencin... May 15 Tazo 1
News Rosie reigns supreme at Huntington book event - (Oct '07) Mar '15 Diana 79
News Goldberg slams New York Times for 'troublemaker... Mar '15 Bottom Line 2
News Veteran The View producer fired after shouting ... Mar '15 Radiomantx 1
News Rosie O'Donnell exiting 'The View' after 2nd br... Mar '15 trobins 4
News Rosie O'Donnell exiting 'The View' after 2nd br... Feb '15 Silver Blade 5
News Rosie O'Donnell again bids farewell to 'The View' Feb '15 Martin 1
More from around the web