Ron Mayes

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2006
One of my favorite childhood memories was watching Ron Howard and Red Buttons in "Tippy-Top". I know that "Tippy-Top" aired on December 17, 1961 as part of the General Electric Theater (Season 10, Episode 13).

Is there anyone who can tell me how to purchase a video of this old TV movie?

rmayes@taylor.k12.in.us
Hpwilson

Danbury, CT

#2 Apr 12, 2006
It is one of my favorite childhood memories too. If there is anyway to purchase a copy of it I would love it too.
Hpwilson

Danbury, CT

#3 Apr 12, 2006
If anyone knows how to get a copy of Tippy Top please email me at weatherbeeinc@aol.com
Thanks.
FredSox49

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 23, 2006
I remember it too - my brother and I adapted the "Tippy Top" song with lyrics I can't print here (and we were only 12 then!). I believe it was on "The Twilight Zone," not General Electric Theater. An episode of "Dream On" also contained excerpts from the show
FredSox49

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 23, 2006
Oooops, I should have done more research . . . it was on GE Theater.
Ron Mayes

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 2, 2006
I've done a good deal of research, myself, but I still don't know how to get my hands on a videotape of the show. Any ideas?
Ron Mayes

Hopkins, MI

#7 May 24, 2009
Still looking for a copy of Tippy-Top. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jean

Southampton, PA

#8 Jun 6, 2009
Tippy Top touches ceilings

Tippy Top tickles me'

Tippy Tip feels my feeeeelinngs

Deep inside of me.
Ron Mayes

Windermere, FL

#9 Jun 4, 2010
Still looking for a way to purchase a copy of "Tippy Top".

New email address.
abc

Greensboro, NC

#10 Jun 28, 2010
couldnt exactly remember tippy top, remember a song on a movie or something, a little boy was singing about tippy top touching ceilings, im relatively young so i saw the show or movie way after it originally came out the movie or whatever was in black and white when i saw it 25 years ago but i told my sisters about the song and they still remeber parts of it even though they never saw the show or movie or whatever it was
T Morgan

San Diego, CA

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Ron Mayes wrote:
Still looking for a way to purchase a copy of "Tippy Top".
New email address.
You must not have looked very hard for it, Ron. I just found it on DVD after about 2 minutes of looking online! There's even a recent YouTube video showing excerpts of it.
Madge

Chandler, AZ

#12 Dec 23, 2010
Not everyone is as smart as you, TM.
PEANCH

La Puente, CA

#13 May 13, 2011
T Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have looked very hard for it, Ron. I just found it on DVD after about 2 minutes of looking online! There's even a recent YouTube video showing excerpts of it.
TM: IF YOU FOUND IT ON A DVD COULD YOU TELL WEAR?I FOUND THE UTUBE ,OK BUT WERE IS THE COMPLETE DVD? THANKS MUCH.
Lorannimal

Ballwin, MO

#15 Jul 17, 2012
Here's the youtube link...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Biggest Coverup in Human History (May '06) Dec '12 Vitruvian man 2 35
Happy Days are over for Erin Moran: Actress is ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Coppington 1
Ron Howard - Ron Howard Pens Moving Tribute To ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sol 2
Fonzie's Motorcycle from Happy Days to be Aucti... (Oct '11) Oct '11 BeHereNow 2
Ron Howard nude (Sep '11) Sep '11 Luanne 1
On Location: Cruising With 'American Graffiti' (Aug '11) Aug '11 Batman 1
OnSugar Spotlight: TV's Biggest Breakout Charac... (Feb '11) Feb '11 michael guerrieri 1
More from around the web