Warm memory for a stormy night

There are 1 comment on the Dec 3, 2007, Chicago Tribune story titled Warm memory for a stormy night. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

If one moment could sum up 50 years of the Old Town School of Folk Music, it occurred Saturday at the Auditorium Theatre with famous teacher and even more famous pupil in a spotlight at center stage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Dan Kaberon

Lincolnshire, IL

#1 Dec 3, 2007
Thank you for reflections on a terrific evening.

Here is a small error, from I noticed during the show. You said:
"I was sitting down just 50 years ago and you were teaching me how to play this thing," said Roger McGuinn, clutching his 12-string guitar while looking at the man who first introduced him to it, Frank Hamilton.

McGuinn called it "this thing" to be a generic. The guitar he clutched is a 7-string Martin, not a 12. The picture in the Trib shows the same instrument as this:

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roger McGuinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utica Icon Rainbow Young Featured in Commercial... (Sep '13) Sep '13 this guy needs a ... 13
News Queen Mary to host music giants (Jul '10) Jul '10 maniac john tolos 19
News Roger McGuinn: On his own terms (Mar '10) Mar '10 Broome Spiro 1
News Roger McGuinn Carving A Niche As A Folk Hero In... (May '09) May '09 bigdaddy 1
finally! (Oct '08) Oct '08 Andrew 1
News Stars turn out to honor first inductees to Musi... (Nov '07) Dec '07 MauricePColgan 3
News This Byrd still flies (Oct '06) Oct '06 Bob Page 1
More from around the web