This Byrd still flies

Full story: Walrusgumboot
There's something wrong in the world when Byrds co-founder Roger McGuinn is relegated to medium to small sized venues such as Beverly Arts Center while his former band mate, David Crosby, rides Neil Young's ... Full Story
Bob Page

East Elmhurst, NY

#1 Oct 18, 2006
Just as the Byrds would have been nothing without McGuinn, they would have been nothing without Crosby. After McGuinn kicked David out and everybody else wound up quitting or leaving him, McGuinn became a country music hack, prostituting himself and selling out the name of the band by touring with a cast of unknowns and having the temerity to call the group "The Byrds." If I believed in Karma, I'd say McGuinn has gotten what's rightfully his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roger McGuinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Icon Rainbow Young Featured in Commercial... (Sep '13) Sep '13 this guy needs a ... 13
Queen Mary to host music giants (Jul '10) Jul '10 maniac john tolos 19
Roger McGuinn: On his own terms (Mar '10) Mar '10 Broome Spiro 1
Roger McGuinn Carving A Niche As A Folk Hero In... (May '09) May '09 bigdaddy 1
finally! (Oct '08) Oct '08 Andrew 1
Warm memory for a stormy night (Dec '07) Dec '07 Dan Kaberon 1
Stars turn out to honor first inductees to Musi... (Nov '07) Dec '07 MauricePColgan 3
More from around the web