'Last Hired, First Fired' Especially ...

'Last Hired, First Fired' Especially True for Minorities

There are 15 comments on the www.blackvoices.com story from Apr 1, 2009, titled 'Last Hired, First Fired' Especially True for Minorities. In it, www.blackvoices.com reports that:

Last hired, first fired: This generations-old cliche rings bitterly true for millions of Latinos and blacks who are losing jobs at a faster rate than the general population during this punishing recession. Much of the disparity is due to a concentration of Latinos and blacks in construction, blue-collar or service-industry jobs that have been decimated by the economic meltdown. And black unemployment has been about double the rate for whites since the government began tracking those categories in the early 1970s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.blackvoices.com.

the_truth_be_tol d2006

Columbia, TN

#1 Apr 1, 2009
First, the statistics are misleading. It stated that Hispanic unemployment stands at 10.9%. It doesn't take into consideration that illegals aren't being counted. Count them and Hispanic unemployment falls in line with White unemployment at around 7.3%.
Thanks to the S Chip and the Stimulus Package being constructed to welcome and hire illegal aliens, you can expect Black unemployment to go as high as 20-22% by the end of summer. That's Depression standards, not Recesssion standards.
Americans hit a speed bump, Hispanics get a windfall, and Blacks fall off a cliff.
All approved by Barack Obama.
MissThang

Albany, NY

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Don't blame Obama, it was the administration before him that did this damage.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#4 Apr 2, 2009
This will soon become a nation of the "have" and "have nots."

Phillyburbs

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Folks will have to learn to "reinvent" themselves.

Phillyburbs

#6 Apr 2, 2009
American's will really learn/understand the meaning of the word "humble."

Bull Connor

Since: Mar 09

United States

#7 Apr 2, 2009
MissThang wrote:
Crack cocaine is the biggest culprit.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Bull Connor wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack cocaine is the biggest culprit.
Seems to me minorities are their own worst enemy.

Bull Connor

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Bibliophilist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me minorities are their own worst enemy.
Whitey put that crack pipe in his mouth, even lit it for him. You ignerince show! lol
Eve

Bellmore, NY

#11 Apr 2, 2009
HAHA wrote:
It's black folks who caused this, they bought stuff they couldn't afford, and the banks couldn't refuse them cuz they are black. All they do is lie, steal do crack and have tar babies with no father.
after you finish fF/u/c/k/i/n/g your dog,post something intelligent.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Columbia, TN

#12 Apr 2, 2009
MissThang wrote:
S Chip- Approved by Obama/Vetoed by Bush
Termination of ICE raids- Approved by Obama/Started by Bush
Tax hikes that drive White Money out of the Country- Obama/Bush had tax cuts
Stimulus Plan aimed at hiring Illegals- Obama/ Bush just gave money to banks
Pathway to Citizenship-Obama/ Bush would have loved to, but Republicans wouldn't let him.

Believe whatever you like. it doesn't change the facts.
sankofa

Johnson City, TN

#15 Apr 3, 2009
the_truth_be_told2006 wrote:
First, the statistics are misleading. It stated that Hispanic unemployment stands at 10.9%. It doesn't take into consideration that illegals aren't being counted. Count them and Hispanic unemployment falls in line with White unemployment at around 7.3%.
Thanks to the S Chip and the Stimulus Package being constructed to welcome and hire illegal aliens, you can expect Black unemployment to go as high as 20-22% by the end of summer. That's Depression standards, not Recesssion standards.
Americans hit a speed bump, Hispanics get a windfall, and Blacks fall off a cliff.
All approved by Barack Obama.
I bet very few blacks are getting laid off at eastman or exide this month....cause I bet there are very few working there....lol

In all my years in the tri cities I bet I cant recall seeing over 10...and thats stretching it...black men working.... I see em at the car washes bumming or hanging out...see em on the street corners...and I see them riding as a passenger in a car..... never see em working anywhere..... might see a young teen working in a fast food joint.....but other than that....nothing

Lot of black women working though...see em in plants...stores....banks....ev erywhere there seems to be black women working...but no black men.

Those black guys are not school either...Im over at ETSU quite a bit and never see black males...unless you are talking the odd nigerian or other non american negro..... I guess they are all african boys.

Lot of AA girls over at the university though...hitting those books....working their tales off for something..... kicking it oldschool...to make something out of themselves so they dont have to depend on some lazy no good street corner hanger outer.....cause they dont support sh*t....lol
Eve

Bellmore, NY

#16 Apr 3, 2009
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, after I finish hanging your momma? hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha haha, silly tar baby, trix are for white people :)
I could go on but your are a worthless asss wipe,you need to get out of your trailer more.

PS hanging my mama would mean hanging yours dog breath,I bet you are morbidly obese.
Eve

Bellmore, NY

#17 Apr 3, 2009
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, after I finish hanging your momma? hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha haha, silly tar baby, trix are for white people :)
I am white phhucker.

Phillyburbs

#18 Apr 3, 2009
Eve wrote:
<quoted text>
I could go on but your are a worthless asss wipe,you need to get out of your trailer more.
PS hanging my mama would mean hanging yours dog breath,I bet you are morbidly obese.
Ouch!!!
MissThang

Albany, NY

#19 Apr 3, 2009
What was this topic about again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tularosa keeps itself beautiful (Nov '08) Nov '08 on the road again 11
A boy's name and a girl's name (Dec '07) Dec '07 Robin 1
More from around the web