Robin Thicke: 5 Reasons He Needs to G...

Robin Thicke: 5 Reasons He Needs to Go Away

There are 1 comment on the WebProNews story from Apr 16, 2014, titled Robin Thicke: 5 Reasons He Needs to Go Away. In it, WebProNews reports that:

In the past year, singer Robin Thicke has often been at the top of entertainment headlines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WebProNews.

“Opposing Evil, Helping Good”

Since: Feb 14

EVERYWHERE!!!

#1 Apr 17, 2014
This has gotta be one of the top 10 worst articles/blogs I've read lately. And believe me, some of them are tough to beat! However, in fairness, the following article (about this topic), was MUCH worser:

http://www.thegloss.com/2014/04/11/culture/no... The article actually condoned that! If I was the manager, and someone did that, I would have done the same thing. And would not have apologized for it after, nor fired the DJ!!! I would have said if you don't like the music we (they) play, then get the #*@% out!

This is so stupid, on so many different levels!

For one, songs do not cause behavior, period. Not good behavior, nor bad. Neither do movies, video games, etc. That is so stupid! And it's such a no-brainer that I'm not even going to explain it any further, unless anyone asks or brings it up.

Nor can I find any reason for anyone to find those lyrics offensive (the ones mentioned in the thread-article, nor any other lyrics from that song). AFAIK, he's not talking about doing anything the other person DOES NOT WANT HIM TO. So wtf is the problem? You know...

Furthermore, if it were a female singer singing those same exact lyrics, I'm willing to be they would have no problem with it. That itsself, makes THEM (the ones who think that way) SEXIST (or Sexualist, at best).

It's the same as that controversy over "Come And Get It" by Selena Gomez. WTF? It's a sweet, pleasant song about one person being deeply in love with another person. Why do some people have to make such a big deal about things like gender???

And furthermore, what exactly is the problem with a female being submissive, or a male being dominant? As long as both partners (or however many, in the case of a polyamourous relationship) are ok with everything, who cares?

And another thing, please tell me they aren't some of those people who try to say that sexual violence is ALWAYS perpetrated by males and can NEVER be female-on-male?

If so, that is extremely false!!! However, in fairness, if you replace "ALWAYS" and "NEVER", with "USUALLY", it becomes pretty much accurate. However it is 100% immaterial. The fact remains that all genders can be perpetrators, and all genders can be victims.

I'll discuss that further if anyone wants, but I'm moving on now...

Anyway, all that stuff about like infidelity, that's between him and his spouse. If she will not tolerate his activities, she has the right to leave him. Or for any other reason she chooses. Just as he has the right to leave her for any reason, at any time. As it should be. I'm not even going to go into this any further, unless someone brings it up.

The part about movie-making? WTF? And the same for the part about the reality show. What's wrong with that? Most "Reality-TV" is not really what I'm into (of course I don't really watch very much TV in the fist place, to be honest...) but so what if someone else likes it?

And last (at #5 on that article) is about who his father is. I didn't realize that, but who cares who his father is?

That's wrong on multiple levels! For starters, you are YOU, you are NOT the people you are related to. THEY are them (each one of them is each one of them).

Do I really need to explain all that? If anybody doesn't get it, I'll explain it better, but it's really a no-brainer. Or I think it is. But I will if anyone wants. It's all good.

I hope this post doesn't ruffle to many feathers. If that site happens to be you're favorite site or something, all I can say is sorry! But this article just sucked! For reasons I pointed out above. However, if you disagree with anything I have stated, we can certainly discuss it. I have been wrong a time or two :)

Anyway I just had to put my 2 cents on this one! I just had to!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robin Thicke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge restricts Robin Thicke's contact with his... Jan '17 Chris 1
News More than 200 musicians rally behind appeal of ... (Aug '16) Sep '16 BHM5267 3
News Lee Suckling: We need to stop slut shaming (Jun '15) Jun '15 chris pijas 1
News Outrage over Jamie Foxx's Bruce Jenner joke (Mar '15) Mar '15 thank god im normal 1
News Why the 'Blurred Lines' verdict is bad for pop ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Could Pharrell's 'Happy' Be the Next Target of ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 discocrisco 1
News Pharrell Williams Receives Hollywood Walk of Fa... (Dec '14) Dec '14 eric wilkie 1
More from around the web