Roy Scheider, 75, star of 'Jaws,' 'Al...

Roy Scheider, 75, star of 'Jaws,' 'All That Jazz'

There are 4 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Feb 11, 2008, titled Roy Scheider, 75, star of 'Jaws,' 'All That Jazz'. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Roy Scheider, left, and Robert Shaw share tension in the beach thriller "Jaws." The versatile actor, 75, who died Sunday, was a two-time Oscar nominee for "The French Connection" and "All That Jazz." Scheider ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Ann Link

Long Beach, CA

#1 Feb 11, 2008
I may not watch all of "Jaws" every single time, but I can never resist sitting down and stopping what I'm doing when Scheider, Dreyfuss, and Shaw talk about the sinking of the Indianapolis during World War II. I am the daughter of a bomber pilot who was stationed at Pearl Harbor and the niece of a Navy fighter pilot and two Naval ships' officers. To me, Shaw's monologue is one of the Great Movie Moments, and as he reminisces aboard the dead-still boat with its creaking rigging, a shiver never fails to go down my spine.
Danny Wilcox

Long Beach, CA

#2 Feb 11, 2008
Mr. Scheider was amazing in "All That Jazz" and I was dumbfounded that he didn't get an Oscar nod. Even you folks who do not care for musicals should pick it up at the video store and you will see one great number of wonderful performances. When Roy and Ben Vereen hit the "Bye Bye Love" scene you will see magic.

North Hollywood, CA

#3 May 14, 2009
I can't wait for Iron Cross to come out!! So sad it's Roy Scheider's last film.. I really wanted him to make a comeback!!

Foothill Ranch, CA

#4 May 28, 2009
I saw the trailer for Iron Cross, man does it look good. Its going to be a great movie to remember him by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Shaw - nude! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Liliana 1
Robert Shaw nude (Sep '11) Sep '11 Clay 1
News Buried Treasure: Documentary proves that 'Jaws'... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Gary H 1
News 'The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3' (Jun '09) Jun '09 side kick 23
News Lots to love (and hate) in Hollywood remakes (Jun '09) Jun '09 John O 23
News Community choir presents Bach Fest (Apr '08) Apr '08 Amazed 2