'Black Gold' reality show follows lives of drilling rig roughnecks

Jun 21, 2008 Full story: WFAA-TV Dallas

The reality-TV formula for the producers of Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers is simple: Chronicle the lives of people who work in extreme conditions for big payoffs.

Read more
michael brown

Vincennes, IN

#1 Jul 15, 2008
Texas roughnecks are a dieing breed. They are unique and they are tough there are rare. I think that you should see another group of roughnecks also. They are the Illinois roughnecks. The best of these in southern Illinois. Around and about the counties of Wabash,white,wayne,clay,edward s and Lawrence county. These guys are what the meaning of the word roughneck is. Check them out. Everyone will like to watch these guys. I have no doubts.
Desoto driller

Bee Branch, AR

#2 Aug 3, 2008
I think that the show black gold only hits and misses the true life in the oilfield........ they should come on out to conway damascus greenbrier arkansas and see hows it is done. Our company is very respectable there isnt any of the seflish acts of drinking and b.s. ing ging on that could severly injure a person . we are roughnecks we are the true thing.
CANADIAN DIGGER

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Aug 19, 2008
If you want to see real roughnecks come to Canada and we will show you all how its done... fast, safe, and smart
Kade Powers

Baird, TX

#4 Nov 9, 2008
The best roughnecks are in Texas,they are the toughest, meanest,and the hardest working bunch of men I had ever seen.
Dawn FM

Birmingham, UK

#5 Jun 5, 2009
LOL - I love how you're all so loyal to your own Rough Neckers. I'm from the UK and really did enjoy this show. My pep for the week!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 Blues Hall of Fame Tour: Brings the heart ... Mar 29 barbara froberg 1
News Linda's Fest Slated for Aug. 18, Features Reign... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Will Dockery 1
News Let's Shake Those Ol' Scott Walker Blues (Aug '11) Aug '11 Storm Warning 1
Robert Johnson Gibson L1 (Jul '06) May '11 James 6
News Fort Bayou Slim keeps the blues on tap (May '10) May '10 Turd Fergason 1
News The musicians who inspired Dylan: Robert Johnso... (Jan '10) Jan '10 spinaddict 1
News Concert Review: Legendary AC/DC taps its inner ... (Nov '09) Dec '09 SEXY 37
More from around the web