Cray brings the blues

Cray brings the blues

There are 3 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Cray brings the blues. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

While on tour back in the 1970s, Robert Cray and his band used to come up to Humboldt County, book gigs Wednesday through Saturday and camp out in the Redwood forest in between gigs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Ray Brown

Eureka, CA

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Gee, when I first saw Robert at the OTBG in the late 70's I wondered who was this band that charged the exorbitant cover charge of $3.00!!! They were worth it!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 20, 2010
"spot-on”??? i don't recall many bluesman using lingo like this.
Blues Power

Antioch, CA

#3 Jan 23, 2010
How come local publications never seem to write reviews of shows? Anybody can generate a list of upcoming performances ala the SF Pink Section but why no reviews, or seemingly very few.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robert Cray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"The Music of Robert Cray" Hal Leonard Pub. book (Sep '07) Aug '10 T-Bone Steve 2
News All about the Blues: Grammy winner on his way t... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Idol Hanz 6
News Paul Liberatore: Blues guitarist Steve Edmonson... (Jul '09) Nov '09 Anjelle 6
Robert Cray in North Carolina! (Jun '09) Jun '09 JaT 1
News Melissa Etheridge, Feist others headline concer... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Dick Cheney 1
Winnipeg Concert Mo & Cray (Aug '07) Aug '07 RUn 1
News 10 p.m. Robert Cray (Jul '07) Aug '07 nicki 2
More from around the web