NEW RINGO STARR SESSIONS FEATURE PAUL McCARTNEY, JOE WALSH, AND BILLY SQUIER

Jul 16, 2009 Full story: www.beatlelinks.net 25
The sessions for Ringo Starr's latest album read like one of his legendary star-filled collections from the mid-'70s. For the first time since his 1981 Stop And Smell The Roses album, Starr is enlisting the help of some of his legendary friends and recent All Star Band-mates. So far, Paul McCartney has laid down a bass track for at least one song. Longtime George Harrison keyboardist Gary Wright, best known for his 1976 hits "Dream Weaver" and "Love Is Alive" toured last year with Starr and shed some light on the new sessions: ["I had the good fortune of being able to cowrite one of the songs with him on which Paul plays bass. A lot of the stuff he had done with Joe Walsh (and) just him on drums and then people went in. And he played us a couple of tracks and said, 'Okay, which of these do you wanna work on today?' And we chose the one and we wrote a song around it. I sang backing vocals on another track, Edgar Winter, and Ringo's friend from Paul Revere and the Raiders -- Keith Allison. I think Colin Hay wrote one of the songs with Ringo. I'm not really sure, I think Billy may have been involved in one -- Billy Squier. But it's really good. I think it's a really good album. He's got some great songs."] Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics is also participating on the album which is being recorded in Los Angeles. Stewart co-produced Starr's 2008 set Liverpool 8. There's been no title or release date set for the upcoming Starr album. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Gary Wright mentioned having heard some of Ringo's upcoming new album, and said it's quite good. He also mentioned a song co-written by him with Ringo and Gary Nicholson (who, you'll remember, co-wrote "Never Without You" on Ringo's "Ringo Rama" album), titled "Peace Dream."

Most likely a 2010 release date.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
awc wrote:
Gary Wright mentioned having heard some of Ringo's upcoming new album, and said it's quite good. He also mentioned a song co-written by him with Ringo and Gary Nicholson (who, you'll remember, co-wrote "Never Without You" on Ringo's "Ringo Rama" album), titled "Peace Dream."
Most likely a 2010 release date.
That's going to be a good record a lot of good musicians on it.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>That's going to be a good record a lot of good musicians on it.
Ringo has a lot of friends.
Looks like there will be quite a collection of them on his new album,Paul McCartney,Gary Wright, Edgar Winter,Keith Allison (Paul Revere and the Raiders),Colin Hay,Billy Squier,Dave Stewart Joe Walsh,Garry Nicholson and Tina Sugandh (a fabulous tabla player).
Ringo and Garry Nicholson wrote a song for the album called "Peace Dream", Nicholson also co-wrote "Never without you" with Ringo, a few years ago.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#5 Jul 16, 2009


Tina Sugandh teaching Ringo, Tabla lessons for his new album.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#6 Jul 16, 2009
awc wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BXkERHEcgvsXX
Tina Sugandh teaching Ringo, Tabla lessons for his new album.
Thanks for deleting Plops negative comment It didn't need to be on here.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for deleting Plops negative comment It didn't need to be on here.
Thanks to our great Mods, and thanks to you for not replying to HER worthless dribble.

Ringo is a great guy and I'm looking forward to his new album, so many cool people involved, the Tabla player is a cute lady.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#8 Jul 16, 2009
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to our great Mods, and thanks to you for not replying to HER worthless dribble.
Ringo is a great guy and I'm looking forward to his new album, so many cool people involved, the Tabla player is a cute lady.
Yea I enjoyed watching that video.Ringo was having fun with that foxy lady.The mods do a great job hats off to them.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#10 Jul 17, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
<quoted text>Yea I enjoyed watching that video.Ringo was having fun with that foxy lady.The mods do a great job hats off to them.
Yea Ringo was having fun,and that lady is a master,she's the Sheila E. of the Tabla.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#11 Jul 17, 2009
PloP wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know these people are cool when you are so uncool? You are about the only person who will buy the album. By the way I heard that the Feds are going to mandate the engineers on this project to adjust the Ringo vocal frequencies to prevent dogs from going mad when the songs are played.
Thousands will buy it and I will buy it too. Dogs will be calmed when Ringo music will be played. I know it because the neighbor's dog always stops his barking when Ringo's songs are on. Maybe he's a clever dog, I don't know. Not all the dogs are clever and have a good taste in music though.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#12 Jul 17, 2009
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Thousands will buy it and I will buy it too. Dogs will be calmed when Ringo music will be played. I know it because the neighbor's dog always stops his barking when Ringo's songs are on. Maybe he's a clever dog, I don't know. Not all the dogs are clever and have a good taste in music though.
Ringo has a dog named Buster, he mentioned him in his 2003 song (from Ringo Rama) English Garden, not sure if Busters still living, but Ringo has a kind heart for animals, even the two legged trollish ones too, lol.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#14 Jul 17, 2009
Peace Dream may be the first single according to sources.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#15 Jul 17, 2009
Peace Dream

Yeah, great title. Unfortunately, it's true.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#16 Jul 17, 2009
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Thousands will buy it and I will buy it too. Dogs will be calmed when Ringo music will be played. I know it because the neighbor's dog always stops his barking when Ringo's songs are on. Maybe he's a clever dog, I don't know. Not all the dogs are clever and have a good taste in music though.
The dog is a true Beatle hound Lol.He barks to the beat of a different drummer but not to Ringo.Lol

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#17 Jul 17, 2009
Greg wrote:
Peace Dream
Yeah, great title. Unfortunately, it's true.
Ringo did some great albums with Mark Hudson, but it was time to move in another direction, Dave Stewart is known for making great music, even though he finished the production on Liverpool 8, his contributions were great.
Dave will be one of the producers on Ringo's new album, not sure who the others will be as of yet.
Regardless of what negative trolls say, Ringo has produced a lot of great songs.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#18 Jul 17, 2009
Ringo Starr may not be the best singer of all four of the Beatles but he is a cool guy and he has fun playing and making music.His songs are good and he doesn't try to be a pop superstar.Anybody that knows anything about music will tell you his drumming is right on and he makes people happy when they go to see him play live.He loves what he does and it shows just Like Sir Paul.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#19 Jul 23, 2009
Bubba the Saint wrote:
Ringo Starr may not be the best singer of all four of the Beatles but he is a cool guy and he has fun playing and making music.His songs are good and he doesn't try to be a pop superstar.Anybody that knows anything about music will tell you his drumming is right on and he makes people happy when they go to see him play live.He loves what he does and it shows just Like Sir Paul.
Both are treasured artists, glad they are still very much active.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#20 Jul 23, 2009
Beatle Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are treasured artists, glad they are still very much active.
And they will be active for many years to come.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#21 Jul 23, 2009
Beatle Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are treasured artists, glad they are still very much active.
Yea me too.At least 50 percent of the Beatles are still with us.Ringo has so many friends to choose from for hisnext album.Gary Wright is a close friend who was on a lot of tracks with George Harrison and now on Ringo's record.Too bad Harry Neilson isn't alive I bet he would still be active with Ringo.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#22 Jul 23, 2009
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>And they will be active for many years to come.
They both have broke the age barrier, they are timeless.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#23 Jul 23, 2009
Beatle Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are treasured artists, glad they are still very much active.
Darn, is Bozo66 judging you're posts too ?

He just can't break old habits, guess he needs our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ringo Starr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Beatlesa Jewish Roots Sep '14 Dr Cosmo Arse-Bandit 6
Pete Best says Ringo Starr enjoyed the fruits o... (Aug '06) Sep '14 gmc68beatle 385
Did the Beatles introduce yoga to the Western w... (Jun '14) Jul '14 emily carter 8
Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles (Jun '14) Jun '14 BeatleFan56 1
Lunenburg man's band out to deliver synth-pop m... (May '14) May '14 Jtn 2
Fred Armisen Keeps it Weird (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rahul 1
Dusty Rhodes shares memories of 'Beatlemania' i... (Feb '14) Feb '14 john lennon was g... 4
More from around the web