old gervais radio shows on old xfm

old gervais radio shows on old xfm

Posted in the Ricky Gervais Forum

fran

Cardross, UK

#1 Apr 8, 2006
Hey,
I don't ever come on here or any other forums. I am a Gervais fan from way back when. I have recordings of him and Steve in 1998. Are there any other copies of these about? If not, is anyone interested?
sainity man

Glasgow, UK

#2 Apr 8, 2006
ricky gervais is a totally overrated idiot; and anyone who pays money to listen to his radio show needs to seek help. Gervais is not an originally, his "act" is really modelled on what Steve Cogan had done years before. And why does he talk in that pansy voice?
fran

Cardross, UK

#3 Apr 8, 2006
This is why I don't go on these forums. I asked a simple question. But I wonder what Coogan stuff you're refering to? Cheeseman?
sainity man

Glasgow, UK

#4 Apr 8, 2006
dear fran: i sincerely apologise to you. I was just doing typing practise, and, personally, i don't think ricky gervais is very funny - that would be ok, but i don't understand why he gets such aclaim. In my opinion, he is not at all funny; and, like i said, he has been heavily influenced by steve coogan. I'm Alan Patridge is much better than anythink ricky has ever done, or ever will do. And, to my mind, ricky "borrowed" a lot of his humour from coogan, and just dressed it up in a slightly different manner. concerning your question, i think you would be advised to try yahoo and google groups...also, there must be fan sites for ricky, and i think you will find what you are looking for there. All the best to you.
jacko

Colchester, UK

#5 Apr 26, 2006
sainity man, you're opinions are arrogant, and although i agree coogan is also great, for you to state that he's better is saying that your opinion is right and frans is not.....

..........and of course we all know that she is right and you're wrong so there!!!!
gofaqyosef

East Grinstead, UK

#6 May 18, 2006
FACT: he is a fat talentless pillock. He single-handedly destroyed the Simpsons reputation overnight. I hope he dies quickly.
t__a__c__o

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#7 May 24, 2006
fran wrote:
Hey,
I don't ever come on here or any other forums. I am a Gervais fan from way back when. I have recordings of him and Steve in 1998. Are there any other copies of these about? If not, is anyone interested?
I'm interested!
Hugh Fayes

Ruislip, UK

#8 Jul 18, 2006
Me too!
Nick

UK

#9 Dec 17, 2006
Anybody who thinks Ricky Gervais isn't funny or that Steve Coogans comedy even comes fuckin CLOSE to the genius timing, sarcastic jestures, and pure class writing has no idea about comedy.
BTW for people here who do realise Gervais' comedy genius and do know what there talking about can find the old XFM stuff here:

http://www.gervaisworld.com
James from Glasgow

Bristol, UK

#10 Dec 31, 2006
I also think Gervais is way overrated. Actually, that's how I found this forum. I done a search on who thinks he's overrated, lol
Blue Monkey

York, UK

#11 Feb 20, 2007
fran wrote:
Hey,
This might be too late but, if you could get in touch with the good folks over at http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/forum/

you could become a hero to hundreds of people.
Limericklad

Ireland

#13 Aug 26, 2008
Simpsons was dead long before Gervais got involved, dont kid yourself into thinking it wasnt.
Nafe

UK

#14 May 9, 2011
fran wrote:
Hey,
Hmmm i know this be rather belated..but did you ever post those '98 shows? Must have. Must have...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Gervais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 58 min Richardfs 8,204
Ricky Gervais Guide To Society-John Booper (Dec '09) Tue Baumsquad 130
News Gervais slams weight critics (Apr '10) Apr '15 beenthere 4
News Ricky Gervais Slams Arrogant Actors Who Thank God (Jan '12) Apr '15 beenthere 66
News Ricky Gervais on how he became pen pals with Da... (Sep '13) Apr '15 wmd06 3
News Jimmy Fallon and Ricky Gervais Play "Funny Face... (Apr '15) Apr '15 wmd06 2
News A-listers look out, Kathy Griffin's got your nu... (Apr '08) Nov '14 tweedledick 9
More from around the web