Emmy winners by turns stunned, gratef...

Emmy winners by turns stunned, grateful, deserving

There are 4 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 17, 2007, titled Emmy winners by turns stunned, grateful, deserving. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Emmys on Sunday saluted the low-rated, the departed and the snubbed. HBO's The Sopranos, which ended with a controversial blackout this summer,won for outstanding drama series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

J-Emmy

Apopka, FL

#1 Sep 17, 2007
Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn. That's my take on last night's show. One phrse that did come to mind, while watching what essentially is the 'Homecoming' for the stars (Oscars being the Prom); "there's a time and place for everything." On that mindset why do 'stars' from lame shows feel the need to make political statements while dressed in borrowed couture? Uhhhh, who cares; shut the hell up and sit back down. Meanwhile, someone pass me the remote to I can relieve myself of this hell.
Weisenheimer

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2007
I can't believe they added credence to that sham of a finale of The Sopranos with an award. Truly disgusting!
Yawn is right

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#3 Sep 17, 2007
Oy - that was almost painful to watch. I turned it off after about 20 minutes. Sally Field made an anti-war statement? Big shock. Another Hollweird actress gets political. Have I mentioned - YAWN! Besides, I've seen that show - it stinks.
J-Emmy

Apopka, FL

#4 Sep 17, 2007
A Footnote: Someone queue up "Fly me to the Moon", that's how far I wanted to get away from last night's show...and since Tony Bennett was there anyway......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Gervais Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 9 min ChristineM 10,332
Gervaisworld - The Ultimate Ricky Gervais Fansite (Dec '06) Jun '16 Lucy Scott2016 4
Ricky Gervais Guide To Society-John Booper (Dec '09) Mar '16 Shetland James 131
News Gervais slams weight critics (Apr '10) Apr '15 beenthere 4
News Ricky Gervais Slams Arrogant Actors Who Thank God (Jan '12) Apr '15 beenthere 66
News Ricky Gervais on how he became pen pals with Da... (Sep '13) Apr '15 wmd06 3
News Jimmy Fallon and Ricky Gervais Play "Funny Face... (Apr '15) Apr '15 wmd06 2
More from around the web