Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity?

May 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

'RELIGION SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RIDICULE, HATRED AND CONTEMPT' Atheism, or 'antitheism,' which was once considered taboo in America, has gone somewhat mainstream in today's society.

Comments (Page 230)

Showing posts 4,581 - 4,600 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
javy

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5154
Nov 2, 2012
 
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5155
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Pjet wrote:
I don't know what I am. I have seen and felt ghosts before so I know there is something out there. But I don't think I am on either side. Christianity or atheism, I think why people get on Christians so bad is because a lot of the are hypocritical when it comes down to it or throw god in your face when they find it convenient. Not all Christians but some do. I myself like to stay out of all the politics with religion. I just believe in spirituality.
You're right about a lot of Christians and smart to steer clear of religion ... I believe in God and Jesus even though I don't go to church... I'm not trying to convert anyone just wanted to say it's ok to think for yourself and don't be bullied into anything... If you look and research the answers will come...
ronone

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5156
Dec 10, 2012
 
youtube.com/watch... Accidental Baby Bailout
Guy

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5157
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Atheists are miserable without god.deep down they know that.
Guy

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5158
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Without god life is meaningless.i pity the materialistic atheists.
Guy

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5159
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I despise atheists.they are fools.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5160
Mar 12, 2013
 
Guy wrote:
I despise atheists.they are fools.
Matthew 5:22 (NKJV)
But whoever says,'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5161
Mar 12, 2013
 
Its just too much fun not to

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5162
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Guy wrote:
I despise atheists.they are fools.
Jesus certainly taught us to despise with... with... um, money changers conducting business in the temple?

Could use your help here on Biblical verses of lessons from Jesus to hate.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5163
Mar 12, 2013
 
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus certainly taught us to despise with... with... um, money changers conducting business in the temple?
Could use your help here on Biblical verses of lessons from Jesus to hate.
Are you employed by a bank?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5164
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you employed by a bank?
Huh? Are you trying to redirect your pro-hate argument?

Feel free to correct me, but the Son of God, who is God. who is the Perfect Human but not God, did seem to have a temper when money changers conducted their business in the temple.

It's right there in the Scripture.

Now where else did Jesus teach us to hate? besides fig trees not giving up fruit out of season...

You seem to be knowledgeable about the Bible. Tell us who Jesus taught us to hate.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5165
Mar 12, 2013
 
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Are you trying to redirect your pro-hate argument?
Feel free to correct me, but the Son of God, who is God. who is the Perfect Human but not God, did seem to have a temper when money changers conducted their business in the temple.
It's right there in the Scripture.
Now where else did Jesus teach us to hate? besides fig trees not giving up fruit out of season...
You seem to be knowledgeable about the Bible. Tell us who Jesus taught us to hate.
I bow to your excellent memorization of the Good Book.
Are you a Bible Believing Atheist?
Doubt if money changers have a holiday for Jesus?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5166
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
I bow to your excellent memorization of the Good Book.
Are you a Bible Believing Atheist?
Doubt if money changers have a holiday for Jesus?
Your point?

And you could consider that the money changers do have a holiday for Jesus. The New York Stock Exchange is closed on Good Friday and Christmas.

US Banks are open on Good Friday but not Christmas.

But the churches are open and I'll bet they will take any donation regardless of the currency. They'll just exchange it when the banks are open again.

Or are you suggesting that churches don't use money changing institutions to conduct their (for profit/prophet) business?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5167
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point?
And you could consider that the money changers do have a holiday for Jesus. The New York Stock Exchange is closed on Good Friday and Christmas.
US Banks are open on Good Friday but not Christmas.
But the churches are open and I'll bet they will take any donation regardless of the currency. They'll just exchange it when the banks are open again.
Or are you suggesting that churches don't use money changing institutions to conduct their (for profit/prophet) business?
Roman Catholic church does excellent work in Nigeria according to recent NYT article.
News media is secular, which I favor. Often take with a grain of salt and have friends who are reporters.
Public Schools closed for Christian Holidays and Easter is approaching. Bible clubs in almost all public schools.
Siro

Leichhardt, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5168
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Why do atheists hate christianity?
Atheists (maltheists) dont see christianity as a religious faith per se but as a political ideology which is right wing, capitalist etc.
And this is opposing their marxist political creed, if you look at the typical christian you will find that overall they are decent people who hold moral principles and do not compromise them.
If you look at the typical atheist you will find them to be spongers, criminals, anything to get their dick sucked etc. They cannot hold moral principles because morality is relative to them and them alone. So their sense of right and wrong is the same as a sponger or criminal and their 'atheism' is (to them at least) a 'justification' of their debased thinking, judgment and actions.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5169
Mar 13, 2013
 
Guy wrote:
Atheists are miserable without god.deep down they know that.
By your post it sounds like I am a lot happier than you.
I have a wonderful life.
Guy wrote:
Without god life is meaningless.i pity the materialistic atheists.
I am sorry that you can find meaning or purpose in life without your god, I on the other hand have.
Guy wrote:
I despise atheists.they are fools.
I do not despise anyone because of their belief or lack thereof, but you do come across as a fool.

Your hate for others and the underlying hate for yourself seems to be coming out in your comments.

I do feel sorry for people such as you.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5170
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Siro wrote:
Why do atheists hate christianity?
Atheists (maltheists) dont see christianity as a religious faith per se but as a political ideology which is right wing, capitalist etc.
And this is opposing their marxist political creed, if you look at the typical christian you will find that overall they are decent people who hold moral principles and do not compromise them.
If you look at the typical atheist you will find them to be spongers, criminals, anything to get their dick sucked etc. They cannot hold moral principles because morality is relative to them and them alone. So their sense of right and wrong is the same as a sponger or criminal and their 'atheism' is (to them at least) a 'justification' of their debased thinking, judgment and actions.
Your post lacks moral character.

You ramble about morals but portray none yourself.

I deem my morals to be much higher than your just by your comments.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5171
Mar 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Roman Catholic church does excellent work in Nigeria according to recent NYT article.
News media is secular, which I favor. Often take with a grain of salt and have friends who are reporters.
Public Schools closed for Christian Holidays and Easter is approaching. Bible clubs in almost all public schools.
You are rambling a bit here.

But there is a reason for the US governments to shut down on Christmas. While it's not a specific endorsement of Christianity, a large number of its employees are Christians.

And many are C&E variety Christians - ya know, the ones who only go to church on Christmas and Easter.

It's just easier to close rather than deal with a lot of employees trying to to fight to get that day off with vacation time.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5172
Mar 14, 2013
 
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
You are rambling a bit here.
But there is a reason for the US governments to shut down on Christmas. While it's not a specific endorsement of Christianity, a large number of its employees are Christians.
And many are C&E variety Christians - ya know, the ones who only go to church on Christmas and Easter.
It's just easier to close rather than deal with a lot of employees trying to to fight to get that day off with vacation time.
States run Public Schools not the US Government.
Each school system decides on the school calendar.

Christianity is still in Public Schools.
Bible Clubs are legal
Prayers led by non instructional persons seem legal

Prayers before tests :-)

Holy Family Mangers on Public Land
drive atheists up the wall.

Atheists make fun of Christians and
Christians make fun of Atheists.

Keep the faith in atheism !
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5173
Mar 14, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
Why do atheists hate christianity?
Atheists (maltheists) dont see christianity as a religious faith per se but as a political ideology which is right wing, capitalist etc.
And this is opposing their marxist political creed, if you look at the typical christian you will find that overall they are decent people who hold moral principles and do not compromise them.
If you look at the typical atheist you will find them to be spongers, criminals, anything to get their dick sucked etc. They cannot hold moral principles because morality is relative to them and them alone. So their sense of right and wrong is the same as a sponger or criminal and their 'atheism' is (to them at least) a 'justification' of their debased thinking, judgment and actions.
Typical atheists are fine people,
possibly don't get out much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,581 - 4,600 of5,918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ricky Gervais Discussions

Search the Ricky Gervais Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Gervais Guide To Society-John Booper (Dec '09) May '14 John Booper 120
Ricky Gervais on how he became pen pals with Da... (Sep '13) Sep '13 tigger31086 2
Ricky Gervais brings series to Netflix (Sep '13) Sep '13 me just saying 2
YouTube funny guys "rampage FDE" (Jun '13) Jun '13 Roger Johnson 1
Ricky Gervais Talks About His Friendship With D... (May '13) May '13 tigger31086 1
Ricky Gervais tweets Derek birthday photo (Feb '13) Feb '13 Paula 1
Ricky Gervais launches Twitter tantrum over mis... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Chris Storrer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••