Dublin, Ireland

#123 Apr 29, 2009
rosemont wrote:
YAY! We are in agreement!:smiles:
Hurrah!:smiles:
Calli

Halstead, UK

#124 Apr 29, 2009
I am 100% in agreement that the man Richard has attended the BAFTAs in 2007 and last Sunday was named Duncan Millership, i have been shown several photos of him, and you could tell it was him even when a baby. I would hazard a guess that he prefers male company (please note that is pure conjecture and speculation on my behalf), he seems to associate with men who one may term "profesional bachelors". Again this is specualtion. How close Richard and Duncan are is unknown (but they do seem very good friends). I didn't know who Richard's agent was, but if you lot say it is Duncan Millership, then yes, I have been shown photos of him today, and he was the man with Richard
Calli

Halstead, UK

#125 Apr 29, 2009
To be honest i was hoping that you lot may hush the gossip my friends have made me privvy to, unfortunately not. The media world is not all full of malicious rumours and scandal; I was working on a film directed by Charles Dance when the news about his separation hit the sunday tabloids. It was never discussed on set, and I didn't find out till much later, so I don't even participate in rumour as a rule. But there is a strong chance that I may meet him again (even work with him) really don't want to say the wrong thing if I have the opportunity.

Since: Apr 09

Lees Summit, MO

#126 Apr 29, 2009
All I can say is that if that director of Gerard Butler had told your friends that he thought Butler was gay, and then your friends told you, you would probably wonder if the story was accurate, right? And who could blame you?

I have had a fair number of friends in show business. I asked one friend about a certain actor that I admired. She didn't like him much, because on the set, he "hogged the cocaine some crew members shared with him, and that was rude." OKAY, LOL, I believe her and I believe that happened, because it happened *on the set.* I also believed another friend who said that a (very popular cult TV show) was "full of blazing alcoholics" because he actually saw that on the set and it affected the workplace environment for him. And another friend said she had refused to work on that same show because "it's an unhappy set."

But some other rumors (like ones regarding personal relationships) could be harder to verify as accurate, unless the whole personal melodrama is played out right on the set. Charles Dance may not have shared his marital troubles to people he worked with. I certainly don't know all the details of my coworkers' personal lives. And unless I see a guy holding hands with another guy or something, I probably won't know for sure if he's gay. My friend "Colin" who I went to school with, sure fooled a lot of us--we assumed he was gay. Many in our crowd were gay men, and Colin was quite comfortable hanging out with them a lot. So who knew? We were gobsmacked when he got married.

As for speculating that Duncan Millership "prefers the company of other men" I think you're making a big leap there, based on a few fleeting pictures of him. My gaydar is pretty decent (most of the time LOL) but I have to say that I don't usually just go by *pictures* or brief video footage of a person, unless they are really flaming or something. YMMV.
Kol

Dublin, Ireland

#127 Apr 29, 2009
So long as you haven't given your real name here I shouldn't think you've anything to worry about. Pretty much everything you've said has been said before by others. It's all rumour and gossip. Nobody (well nobody likely to post on these boards) really knows the facts and, as you've said, your friends info may not be true either. So I don't think you've said anything that will give you any trouble in the future.
Calli

Europe

#128 Apr 29, 2009
Rosemont I certainly didn't mean to offend re; Duncan, I don't too much about him, I do agree that it would be strange to mix business with pleasure & did not want to infer that he & RA are more than friends; I have close friends I'm certainly not intimate with them lol! In fact that it was his agent lessens the *rumour* RA is gay. And I certainly didn't mean to infer that his agents sexuality meant a thing, so huge apologies :) I sometimes type 2 quick.
Calli

Europe

#129 Apr 29, 2009
And I did say it was my opinion not said by anyone else re; Duncan. My friend's brother is friends with him (didn't know till today) & as I knew he was friends with an agent I asked - hey resto it was Duncan! My friend showed me pics of them together, I never asked about nor mentioned RA. I made the leap as the brother is gay... stupid of me!

Lees Summit, MO

#130 Apr 29, 2009
Fair enough Calli!:)

I didn't think you were trying to imply that Millership and RA were an item (and I agree it would seem strange to have your agent as your boyfriend LOL).

But I think it's probably a little hasty to look at pictures of a guy and speculate that they're gay. No, Millership does not look like a really macho brawny guy.(Neither did Colin.) It's so difficult to tell, especially from a few photos. I know that I've been mistaken for gay a few times (why I don't know!) and a friend dresses kind of sloppy and I'll bet that people wonder about her. But she shares my secret (LOL) passion for RA and Rufus Sewell!

Lees Summit, MO

#131 Apr 29, 2009
You slipped your last post in there Calli. Fair enough again!:)

Well, whether Millership is gay or not is not germane, like you say.(And I don't want to offend you by implying you'd say anything, but just in case you ever hear from your friend about Millership's sexuality, I don't think it need be shared here. Mr. Millership isn't giving interviews with all sorts of details his personal life, you know?)
Calli

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#132 Apr 29, 2009
Thanks Rosemont; I wouldn't say anything he said to me, but I didn't ask as it would have seemed weird to ask questions about a man I've not met, likewise I never mentioned that I knew RA was his client, or RA at all. You haven't offended me, in fact thanks for reminding me not to go off topic. For the benefit of everyone else - what I said before was personal first impression, not based on any evidence whatsoever, please disregard! I once tried to chat up Stephen Fry, he was so charming, so @ times my gaydar is way off, though not so much now
Calli

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#133 Apr 29, 2009
And now I sincerely hope Stephen does not read this, or gets hit on by women a lot!
Kol

Dublin, Ireland

#134 Apr 29, 2009
Sorry, totally off topic and don't answer if I've asked something innappropriate but just as a matter of interest Calli, how have you managed to get from the UK to Oslo in under an hour?!!
Calli

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#135 Apr 29, 2009
I have no idea! I've not been to Norway for years! I'm stuck on a train right now using phone, was using computer @ home an hour ago - maybe my phone registers as Oslo for some reason? Can't see what location it registers on phone screen, weird!
Kol

Dublin, Ireland

#136 Apr 29, 2009
How strange. I only asked because I thought that,for increased online security, it would be good to be able to either block your location or choose something for yourself.

Anyhow just to get the thing slightly back on topic, there now seem to be 2 threads running with the same title and talking about the same thing so perhaps somebody with more techo knowledge than me knows how to merge them?
Hiya

Aliso Viejo, CA

#137 Apr 29, 2009
I don't think you can? I don't understand why the person who started the other one didn't just comment on here.*rolls eyes*

I have to say that we have all made some compelling arguments. I can see both sides, but in all honesty I am convinced more than ever that he is indeed straight.:)
Kol

Ireland

#138 Apr 29, 2009
Hiya wrote:
I have to say that we have all made some compelling arguments. I can see both sides, but in all honesty I am convinced more than ever that he is indeed straight.:)
And as I said to Rosemont earlier, I really do hope you're right. This is one of those rare occassions when I'd be only too happy to be proved wrong!
Susana

Spain

#139 May 2, 2009
Well, we all know he likes Nigella Lawson, he enjoyed the kiss with Daniela, but, he also likes Keely Hawes and this actress in an interview with Diva magazine and The Radio Times, she herself said that she is bisexual... Maybe hes bisexual too.
Susie

Chelmsford, UK

#140 May 3, 2009
Susana wrote:
Well, we all know he likes Nigella Lawson, he enjoyed the kiss with Daniela, but, he also likes Keely Hawes and this actress in an interview with Diva magazine and The Radio Times, she herself said that she is bisexual... Maybe hes bisexual too.
Blimey I didn't know that about Keely Hawes! How come I'm always the last to know? Perhaps it's because I don't read any magazines, complete waste of money I think and full of pointless drivel.

I've never understood this bisexual thing. You either like the opposite sex (and I definitely do!) or you don't

As for Richard the man's a complete mystery to me! Maybe that's part of the attraction. Of course there is always the cyncial part of me that says that he doesn't want to reveal anything about his personal relationships in case it effects his fanbase. I sincerely hope I'm wrong on that account.
Susana

Spain

#141 May 3, 2009
I hope to be wrong too, but if I could choose, I would rather prefer he being bisexual. Just my opinion...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Armitage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annabel is R.A's girlfriend??? (Apr '09) Nov '16 Lee Pace 125
News Actor Richard Armitage has long history with Ho... (Mar '13) Aug '16 UmaThurman 5
Into the Storm (Aug '14) Jul '15 emily poole 5
RA's Girlfriend?? (Jan '07) Jul '15 emily poole 490
meeting Richard Armitage (Jul '15) Jul '15 emily poole 1
de cordier immobilier evian (Dec '14) Dec '14 melanie 1
Richard to star in "The Crucible" (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lisa 6