maybe he is gay.....
portia

Middlesbrough, UK

#364 Dec 1, 2009
Susie from Canada

Don't mean to be stupid but you've lost me over the Johnny Depp and Bette Midler comments in the above post!
rafan

United States

#365 Dec 1, 2009
Camella...Darn it!!! You need to come with a warning - Don't read my love story if you are sick coughing and /or in the process of taking medicine while reading. No guarantees what will happen!

What a love story to read after being out of commission for a few days. Hope you can bear separation from Richard while in quarantine well. Good thing is he does not need to make sure you have water or food. You make one heck of an easy girl-friend
Hope

Capitol Heights, MD

#366 Dec 2, 2009
susie wrote:
LOL..I wondered why Johnny Depp was popular..it's certainly not his looks. Now I know - same reason Bette Midler was popular for many yrs. That was a mystery to me as well...turns out it's the same reason as Depp:)
Anyway, the latest on Richard came from his own lips. In a recent interview he said due to his busy acting schedule his live-in lady had moved out. There it is ladies...he's a free man. At least he was as of a couple mos ago...wouldn't be surprised if he was scooped up again within a short time. That man is HOTTT! His body language tells us all we need to know - he definitley likes girls. AND that was his brother Christopher with him at the awards ceremony. Richard doesn't believe an actor should use his personal relationship to further his career a la Brad Pitt, etc etc etc.
Susie, how do you know that it was his bro Christopher at the awards ceremony. I can well believe RA would do such an endearing thing as to take his bro, but there is no familial resemblence of features there whatsoever betwen the two. I'd be interested in the source of that comment that it was definitely his bro; i had heard it was his agent. Cheers
myfibsbetterthan yourfib

United States

#367 Dec 2, 2009
Ahh, seems like we've been having far too much fun with this, and someone needed to drop kick a little innuendo into the mix. Nice inference there, Susie. Interesting how you seem to be so "in the know"

Any sightings today, posters? I have it on good authority that the man in question was seen in NYC last weekend for the holiday, squiring a lovely lady to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. They were seated in the "VIP section" not to be confused with the "Champagne Room". Prosecco was optional of course.
Hannah

Huntsville, AL

#368 Dec 2, 2009
He gets around, doesn't he, myfib?

My confidential sources tell me that after his exhilarating visit to NYC last weekend, he's flying to the Grand Canyon to meet up with his adoring former Vegas showgirls, and they'll stay there for a few days. Then they're going to take some time traveling through the sights in the great Southwest, like Santa Fe, New Mexico. Word is that they might make a brief stop through Needles, California (and we all know what a hotspot that place is) to pick up some lawn furniture (and the ever present Prosecco), then veer up towards Lake Tahoe.

No word yet on where they're going to spend the holidays. He might have some arrangements to visit with some other lady friends, either in the United States or maybe some other part of the world. I'm sure reports of his whereabouts will shortly be forthcoming!
susie

Sunbury, PA

#369 Dec 2, 2009
Hope, visit the principal RA websites such as richardarmitageonline.com and you'll find the awards ceremony photos with identification of his brother.

I'm assuming everyone here is aware RA's natural hair color is medium to dark brown. He was first directed to dye it black as John Thornton in N&S. The reaction to that breakthrough role was quite overwhelming. As a result, the actor received the message loud & clear that "black suits him more than any other color." His wildly popular black-leather-clad Guy of Gisborne role confirmed it. Richard's natural hair color is slightly darker than his brother Christopher's. Watch him in pre-North&South 'Between the Sheets' or 'Sparkhouse' and you'll see the hair color difference.

RA is a man of strong convictions - he refuses to be pressured into making his personal life an aspect of his career. We'll see if it's possible for an actor today to make it unto the international stage without the usual hysterical spotlight coverage by entertainment reporters.

The US public & press demand revelation of celebrities personal lives - not so in the UK. There the public usually respects their privacy and leaves it up to the individual entertainer whether or not they'll participate in the media circus.
susie ra

Sunbury, PA

#370 Dec 2, 2009
It's really ashame there are so many posts at this thread because Richard Armitage is definitely not gay.

Come join us at the following blog and we'll give you the evidence that proves the blatent gossip is untrue.

http://allthingsrarmitage.blogspot.com/
rafan

Hilo, HI

#371 Jan 8, 2010
Even if AC (is she / is she not ) issue is alive and kicking in high gear, the controversy of who RA's partner was to the 2 BAFTA ceremonies is definitely addressed by this recent article. It was his agent - Duncan Millership who is now moving to US.

Here is the link to the article and as you can see Duncan's pic. Hence, we have proof positive that RA took his agent to BAFTAs
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013495.h...
suz ra

Sunbury, PA

#372 Jan 10, 2010
rafan wrote:
Even if AC (is she / is she not ) issue is alive and kicking in high gear, the controversy of who RA's partner was to the 2 BAFTA ceremonies is definitely addressed by this recent article. It was his agent - Duncan Millership who is now moving to US.
Here is the link to the article and as you can see Duncan's pic. Hence, we have proof positive that RA took his agent to BAFTAs
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013495.h...
Which wasn't exactly wise of RA, but one of his endearing qualites is the fact he's not a slick, artificially packaged, glitzy celebrity type. He yet again stubbornly refused to involve his significant other in his professional life - that's his preogative and IMO it's commendable.

Join the on-going discussions re the controversy(including evidence) plus North & South pics/conversation at www.allthingsrarmitage.com
suz ra

Sunbury, PA

#373 Jan 10, 2010
rafan

United States

#374 Jan 10, 2010
suz ra - could you PLEASE STOP SPAMMING us with your blog. We all know you have one. People have asked politely you to stop pushing it. It is turning people off. Yet you persist

This is a public forum for RA and people have been discussing him here for many years. It is distasteful to see you come here and interrupt conversations to steer people to your blog.

You want traffic for your blog - create interesting topics and people will automatically flock there.

May

“I met Matthew!”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#375 Jan 10, 2010
Aw c'mon, it is great that suz ra promotes her blog here, any support for Richard is most welcome! Thanks suz ra for the information, I am sure the fans are most grateful. It is a public forum and you can post what you want, nobody should be able to tell you what to do here. Richard should be and I am sure is delighted that you show such interest in him.
rafan

United States

#376 Jan 10, 2010
May wrote:
Aw c'mon, it is great that suz ra promotes her blog here, any support for Richard is most welcome! Thanks suz ra for the information, I am sure the fans are most grateful. It is a public forum and you can post what you want, nobody should be able to tell you what to do here. Richard should be and I am sure is delighted that you show such interest in him.
May. I am not the traffic police. But this is RA forum where we discuss RA. It is disconcerting to find all threads hijacked with entreaties to come visit her blog. If the link to her blog had information that added to the conversation on hand, it would be great. But to join a forum and a thread where people have already discussed a topic or are discussing a topic and to ask them to abondon this discussion and post on her blog instead is RUDE AND OFFENSIVE.

Long time posters have nurtured this forum for many years. This forum has allowed us to discuss many topics that have been taboo elsewhere. How would Suz feel if I hijacked her blog and asked people to post here instead.

I have no issue at all with her blog. She already has a thread dedicated to her blog here, plugging it. Why persist repeatedly on all threads, asking people to not discuss the topic of the thread here, but on her blog?

This is bad net-etiquette

This forum has been good to us and I feel bad when some comes in and attempts to tear it apart.

If you would like this forum to be reduced to plugs for various RA sites to drown out chances for any normal RA conversation, it is your prerogative.
jjkg

United States

#377 Jan 11, 2010
rafan wrote:
<quoted text>
May. I am not the traffic police. But this is RA forum where we discuss RA. It is disconcerting to find all threads hijacked with entreaties to come visit her blog. If the link to her blog had information that added to the conversation on hand, it would be great. But to join a forum and a thread where people have already discussed a topic or are discussing a topic and to ask them to abondon this discussion and post on her blog instead is RUDE AND OFFENSIVE.
Long time posters have nurtured this forum for many years. This forum has allowed us to discuss many topics that have been taboo elsewhere. How would Suz feel if I hijacked her blog and asked people to post here instead.
I have no issue at all with her blog. She already has a thread dedicated to her blog here, plugging it. Why persist repeatedly on all threads, asking people to not discuss the topic of the thread here, but on her blog?
This is bad net-etiquette
This forum has been good to us and I feel bad when some comes in and attempts to tear it apart.
If you would like this forum to be reduced to plugs for various RA sites to drown out chances for any normal RA conversation, it is your prerogative.
Agree rafan. Suz seems to have missed out some classes on ethics.
Good to see another fan from teh bay area

May

“I met Matthew!”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#378 Jan 11, 2010
I am so pleased that this forum appears to be alive and well. For some months it was absolutely dead. No matter how annoyed a person is, this is a public forum and people have a right to come on and post what they want. I am afraid "net etiquette" does not apply here. One of the things I like about Topix actually. However I concur that it is bad to steal when someone has put a lot of hard work into creating, say, a wallpaper for example. Again, Topix gives you the opportunity to state that. As I said though, I am so pleased that this forum seems to have taken flight again, for Richard's sake. His agent surely can get him a movie part, he is just made for films with his looks!
Hope

Capitol Heights, MD

#379 Jan 11, 2010
Richard and Annabel look absolutely radiant and gorgeous together at the Circ soleil premiere. she seems every bit as quirky, individual and endearing as RA...beautiful people, without an ounce of arrogance - whether just good friends or a couple, they looked great.
suz ra

Sunbury, PA

#380 Jan 12, 2010
May wrote:
May, you're a breath of fresh air. The concept of free speech has obviously become a foreign one for many RA fans who are self-appointed gatekeepers of what will and will not be discussed about him. Many of the rules set forth are downright juvenile, reminiscent of squabbles among teen girls. Mature women don't allow other adult women to badger them about something as insignificant as chatter about an actor. All RA fans should usurp your God-given right to free speech. Why should we lose that natural right as RA fans. We should not!

Thanks again May - you're a peach!!;)- that's a compliment, by the way:)
Hope

Capitol Heights, MD

#381 Jan 12, 2010
Howz about we talk about RA& Annabel for a bit?
suz ra

Sunbury, PA

#382 Jan 12, 2010
Hope, do you believe they're a couple or close friends?
Mary Jane

Bradford, UK

#383 Jan 12, 2010
suz ra wrote:
Hope, do you believe they're a couple or close friends?
I think that they are close friends and nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Armitage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annabel is R.A's girlfriend??? (Apr '09) Aug 9 UmaThurman 124
News Actor Richard Armitage has long history with Ho... (Mar '13) Aug 8 UmaThurman 5
Into the Storm (Aug '14) Jul '15 emily poole 5
RA's Girlfriend?? (Jan '07) Jul '15 emily poole 490
meeting Richard Armitage (Jul '15) Jul '15 emily poole 1
de cordier immobilier evian (Dec '14) Dec '14 melanie 1
Richard to star in "The Crucible" (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lisa 6
More from around the web