maybe he is gay.....
First Prev
of 53
Next Last
Barbara

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I was just looking at the Richard Armitage online site and there are a few photos of him at the BAFTA's . Now I'm an American so I don't know all of the Brit actors, but he was sitting next to some blonde guy and then as he was entering the after party at the museum, the blonde guy is right behind him. Was that who he went to the show with?
Did my "gaydar" just go off?
Ana

Cangas, Spain

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Maybe those are the said photos of him with a man. I havenīt seen them
Cathy

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2009
His brother Christopher has blonde hair!!! It was his brother, this dialogue sounds like something from North and South!!!! Ladies, do we really care if he is gay, its not like he is going to have a relationship with any of us !!! I sincerely think that as adults we should not worry about who other people are seeing, provided they are not having relationships with children or animals, it is none of our business!!!
Darcys-ex

Elmwood Park, NJ

#4 Jan 14, 2009
I could care less one way or the other if hes gay or not. but when you are in the public eye everything is up for grabs .... Sad but true. you can't blame people for wanting to know.

I'd like to see those pictures. Where can I find them?

By the way .. not interested in the blond guy .. more intested in how RA looks ( woo-who)
ana

Cangas, Spain

#5 Jan 15, 2009
I'm more surprised by the fact that on each of these "is he gay" threads,someone comes up with lame replies such as "he's not gay, he is dating so-and-so", or "he cannot be gay, he's married", or "he's definitely not gay, he said so in an interview".. I mean, COME ON! Since when is that proof? I admit, that it may be a little silly too absolutely want to know [we'll never know for sure anyway], but I'm agreeing with those who say, there is no harm in being curious.
ana

Cangas, Spain

#6 Jan 15, 2009
Most people here who ask whether an actor is gay or not, do certainly not think they may have a chance of meeting or dating that particular actor, but ask so they can live out a fantasy [But I'll admit, that one stupid thing about asking that question on a board like this, is that nobody actually has the answer. Unless the actor has publicly come out, I don't think anyone will know for sure - except those who know the actor closely, but I highly doubt that they post on a board.
Heather

Aliso Viejo, CA

#7 Jan 16, 2009
Just so you know on several recent interviews Richard HIMSELF said SEVERAL times that he LIVES with his GIRLFRIEND, and they have been living together for over a year and a half! He talked about how he keeps her out of the lime light as much as possible (which I don't blame him) and that he wants kids in the near future. I am sick of everyone asking if he is gay or not! Can we give the gay comments a rest people? I know you say "well I don't care if he is or isn't" Then WHY did you want to know or ask? There is proof because it came right out of his own mouth. Now if you want physical proof I can probably send you those articles where he talks about her and living with her.

geez...
Heather

Aliso Viejo, CA

#8 Jan 16, 2009
You know I have been coming to this forum since it first started. I can't believe people STILL ask these ridiculous questions that are not true! Maybe if you read the other parts of the forum "Ana" you wouldn't keep asking whether he is gay or not. I guess articles where Richard is talking about it isn't good enough for you. Maybe you should write to him and ask him since you are so determined to find out. Give it a rest! Can't we just enjoy him being the wonderful actor, kind and caring man, drop dead gorgeous guy that he is?!!
put it to rest willya

Mendham, NJ

#9 Jan 16, 2009
Back on this horse and cart are we? The man in question has discussed in print his relationship with a woman, living in London, in 2008.
But, if we must stick to the question at hand.. if you are going on the rule that if someone attends an awards ceremony with someone, they are a couple, i guess Tom Cruise is sleeping with his mom, since he took her to the Golden Globes this year.
does insane have 1 i or 2

Mendham, NJ

#10 Jan 16, 2009
Let's be totally honest here. If a television or motion picture celebrity was gay and did not want it to be public knowledge, does anyone really think he would TAKE HIS PARTNER TO A NATIONAL AWARDS ceremony where he was in the spotlight? let's use our heads, please.
This guy has his mind in the right place, is a wonderful, talented actor and seems to be doing the right things to further his career. Just because he chooses not to exploit his girlfriend, he is gay. I think not.
Cathy

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 17, 2009
I think all good looking single actors go through this!! Why even James Stewart had talk of this nature when he was young!! But he married Gloria, the love of his life, and the mother of their 4 children when he was 40 yrs old!! He was married for 43 yrears to her before she passed away!! I predict Richard will do the same!! People label people gay when they don't want anyone of their same sex to have that person! Itis possessiveness in an odd sort of way!!
Annie

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 17, 2009
To the gay and ungay reading some of the wild rumors about Richard, I say to Richard, get married so all that rumors will die down, my best of wishes to you and your future wife!!!
Allan

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 17, 2009
No Richard!!! Please don't get married!!! I am a gay man and I love you!!!! Come back to me!! Don't listen to all these ladies!! I dream about you every night!!! You have a fan club amongst both sexes so be proud of this and don't be embarassed!!! We gay men love Johnny Depp as well
Whatever

UK

#14 Jan 18, 2009
Barbara wrote:
I was just looking at the Richard Armitage online site and there are a few photos of him at the BAFTA's . Now I'm an American so I don't know all of the Brit actors, but he was sitting next to some blonde guy and then as he was entering the after party at the museum, the blonde guy is right behind him. Was that who he went to the show with?
Did my "gaydar" just go off?
OMG you mean he actually sat next to a guy of the same sex and was seen with him more than once at the SAME awards show. They must be shirtlifting buddies. Oh wow, I had better remember to stay away from being seen with my female friends too often, we must be lesbian lovers...

He is not gay, maybe it fuels your fantasies to imagine him with another man????

HE has said in interviews he is living with a girlfriend *sigh* just because he does not want her face splashed all over the tabloids like a lot of the tacky celebs out there, then kudos to him
Heather

Aliso Viejo, CA

#15 Jan 18, 2009
Annie wrote:
To the gay and ungay reading some of the wild rumors about Richard, I say to Richard, get married so all that rumors will die down, my best of wishes to you and your future wife!!!
Why should he rush into marriage to appease people who think he is gay? That makes no sense! There are too many celebrities that just marry whoever and rush into it only to get a divorce a couple of months later. Richard is doing the right thing by taking his time finding the right woman to spend his life with. I agree with you Cathy I think it is going to be much like a James Stewart! ;-) Richard take your time and don't rush into anything just to please other people!
Heather

Aliso Viejo, CA

#16 Jan 18, 2009
Allan wrote:
No Richard!!! Please don't get married!!! I am a gay man and I love you!!!! Come back to me!! Don't listen to all these ladies!! I dream about you every night!!! You have a fan club amongst both sexes so be proud of this and don't be embarassed!!! We gay men love Johnny Depp as well
I think every celeb has fans of both sexes. I don't have a problem with that and think that is nice. The fact is, is that he IS NOT gay and people need to stop spreading rumors and speculate because he already has said he is living with his girlfriend!! They have apparently known eachother since they were in school together.

btw Us ladies have dreams too you know!!! ;-)
Cathy

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 18, 2009
Heather, thank you for your compliment!!! I don't see Richard as a womanizer!! I see him in the mode of James Stewart, a one woman man!!! He is close to 40 yrs old and that is a good and prime age to settle down and have a family!! When you see couples in their mid to late 30's you see much more serious commitment in play, as opposed to couples in their 20's, who sometimes just play house for awhile and move onto another partner!! I think that all of his fans want to see him as a happy family man and he is certainly of age, maturity, and income to do this!
Cathy

Chicago, IL

#18 Jan 18, 2009
By the way, Allan is my gay co-worker and he knows I love Richard so he is teasing me and all of Richard's wonderful fans with his comments!! Pay no attention to the gay man behind the computer screen, and, I agree, Richard is not gay!
does insane have 1 i or 2

Mendham, NJ

#19 Jan 18, 2009
Wait.. let me get this right...

the only way to prove one is not gay is to get married? Don't tell the male population of the US this - you will have a mutiny on your hands......and the courts will not be able to support the rise in divorce rates...

... people who are good looking (check) and in the public eye (check) and drop dead sexy (double check) always run the risk of rumors - let's not keep them fueled here by dredging up old stuff... there is a ton of new interview material on all the RA sites.. go and study up...
Susie

UK

#20 Jan 20, 2009
ana wrote:
I'm more surprised by the fact that on each of these "is he gay" threads,someone comes up with lame replies such as "he's not gay, he is dating so-and-so", or "he cannot be gay, he's married", or "he's definitely not gay, he said so in an interview".. I mean, COME ON! Since when is that proof? I admit, that it may be a little silly too absolutely want to know [we'll never know for sure anyway], but I'm agreeing with those who say, there is no harm in being curious.
I know it's always tempting to speculate about Richard's private life and I must admit to being curious myself. However, just ask yourselves how would you like someone to gossip about you and accuse you of being gay or criticise your choice of girlfriend/boyfriend? I suspect you wouldn't like it at all. Sometimes as fans we can get carried away, but remember just because someone is on the telly it doesn't make them "public property". Some of the comments that get talked about on websites, if read by that person or even their families, could prove very hurtful and upsetting to them especially if they aren't true.

By all means drool over him on the telly to your hearts content but remember actors are just ordinary people like you and me underneath all the publicity hype and have feelings just like anybody else. So let's leave the poor man in peace and let's hope that he finds the happiness and contentment we all desire from life!

I don't really want to fuel any more speculation but I think you'll find that it was his mum and brother he was with. I think the fact that he went with his family rather than some "blonde bimbo" on his arm rather nice and is definitely a plus in my book!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 53
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Armitage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annabel is R.A's girlfriend??? (Apr '09) Nov '16 Lee Pace 125
News Actor Richard Armitage has long history with Ho... (Mar '13) Aug '16 UmaThurman 5
Into the Storm (Aug '14) Jul '15 emily poole 5
RA's Girlfriend?? (Jan '07) Jul '15 emily poole 490
meeting Richard Armitage (Jul '15) Jul '15 emily poole 1
de cordier immobilier evian (Dec '14) Dec '14 melanie 1
Richard to star in "The Crucible" (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lisa 6
More from around the web