Some Country Music

Some Country Music

There are 3 comments on the Sun Bloggers story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Some Country Music. In it, Sun Bloggers reports that:

Today's music is country. Start old timey with Merle Haggard, The Bottle Let Me Down , and Okie from Muskogee , both on eMusic. via Sun Bloggers

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun Bloggers.

Dr BLT

Sacramento, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Merle was in Bakersfield the other day and the city was naming a street after him. I was at the ceremony, but when I tried to grab an autograph after the show, Merle stole my pen. The whole story is contained here in this new song I penned. I know Merle won't end up in the pen again, not for stealing a pen but by stealing my pen, he helped me to pen this.

The Day Merle Haggard Stole My Pen
http://www.drblt.net/music/DayMerleDemo2.mp3

Dr BLT copyright 2008

By the way, Merle was released from San Quentin the day I was released from my mother's womb. There's got to be another song in there somewhere.

It was a day

like any other

except for one thing

it was the day

they named a street

after a man

who was a legend in this town

Chorus:
it was the day

Merle Haggard Drive

was named for the man and his legend

right near my house

just 'round the bend

it was the day Merle Haggard

stole my pen

I tried to get

his autograph

he grabbed my pen

and my Merle CD

but then his folks

pulled him away

he walked away

with my new pen

(chorus)

barron pilgrim

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 22, 2008
THEY SHOULD NAME A TOWN IN HIS HONOR, OR AT LEAST A PRISON. JUST JOKING HE IS THE GREATEST IN THE HISTORY OF COUNTRY MUSIC.

Since: Oct 08

AOL

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Glad to hear Bakersfield named something after Merle Haggard.

And when he sang how he'd never swim Kern River again, it is worth listening to, those under currents in the Kern River can make you disappear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ray Wylie Hubbard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ray Wylie Hubbard (Jan '10) Jan '10 James 1
News Willie's Place (Sep '08) Apr '09 TENNVOLS 23
News "Gonzo" Texas singer brings a taste of world mu... (Feb '07) Feb '07 Mort Waller 1
More from around the web