Leaving Cuba: The difficult task of e...

Leaving Cuba: The difficult task of exiting the island

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 21, 2012, titled Leaving Cuba: The difficult task of exiting the island. In it, Newsday reports that:

The issue of emigration and travel is now a matter of public discussion in Cuba - even artists are getting in on the act A year ago, President Raul Castro pledged to "update" the country's migration laws and allow freedom of movement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 21, 2012
More than a year after Cubans were promised their country would open up, and allow free travel, they're still waiting.

SIMPLY: More empty promises...as usual!
Juana

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jul 21, 2012
From wha I see ,Cubans fled Castro only to continue the same poltical corruption in Miami.

The Cuban community that doesn’t care about corruption when it casts its vote was critically portrayed by most leading city columnists and others, Cuban and otherwise. Robert Steinback, a Black Miami Herald columnist, said the Cuban community is gullible. Liz Balmaseda calls it “a knee-jerk majority” that would elect a hamster wearing a Cuba Libre T-shirt, and,“They only cared that he was Cuban.”

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml

Miami-dade is rated as WORSE run city (Hialeah not far behind)thanks to Cuban polticos and the corruption ,ZERO police,politial standards is a horror.
Mojon Flusher

Sparta, NJ

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Juana wrote:
From wha I see Castro only to continue the same poltical corruption,politial standards is a horror.
\

F L U S H ! and the mojon goes down the drain !
Dr Demento

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2012
Juana wrote:
From wha I see ,Cubans fled Castro only to continue the same poltical corruption in Miami.
The Cuban community that doesn’t care about corruption when it casts its vote was critically portrayed by most leading city columnists and others, Cuban and otherwise. Robert Steinback, a Black Miami Herald columnist, said the Cuban community is gullible. Liz Balmaseda calls it “a knee-jerk majority” that would elect a hamster wearing a Cuba Libre T-shirt, and,“They only cared that he was Cuban.”
http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Miami-dade is rated as WORSE run city (Hialeah not far behind)thanks to Cuban polticos and the corruption ,ZERO police,politial standards is a horror.
Flush...Flush...Flush and the mojon goes down the drain..

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 21, 2012
Latin America need to join in common country.
Dr Demento

United States

#6 Jul 21, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
That's a stupid idea dickhead.

“bluestreak returneth is the”

Since: Jul 12

drag-queen from New Orleans

#7 Jul 21, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
But most of so called latin america ain't Latin, ignoramus! Different cultures and different races, not much in common, imbecile!

“Progressive liberal politic”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 25, 2012
Dr Demento wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid idea
Why?

“bluestreak returneth is the”

Since: Jul 12

drag-queen from New Orleans

#9 Jul 25, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
¿¿¿WHY???, It's quite obvious, why! Do you have any functional braincells? Or do you have a neuro degenerative affliction affecting your ability to reason?
Cubano

Hollywood, FL

#10 Aug 9, 2012
neobyzantine wrote:
Yes, as a Cuban citizen BORN in Habana ,I intend to invite all of Latin America as my guest and I hope they have many babies there .

WJDC's dream of seeing the old type of Cuba which he turned his back on and ran like a coward will NEVER be realized.

He nor anyone from his bloodline will see even a fraction of what resembles the old Cuba.
Bluestreak Invincible

Newton, NJ

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Cubano wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a Cuban citizen BORN in Habana ,I intend to invite all of Latin America as my guest and I hope they have many babies there .
WJDC's dream of seeing the old type of Cuba which he turned his back on and ran like a coward will NEVER be realized.
He nor anyone from his bloodline will see even a fraction of what resembles the old Cuba.
MOJINDIO!!!! Tu de Cubano no tienes ni un pelo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raul Castro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On 90th birthday, Fidel Castro thanks Cuba, cri... 11 min WE JUST DONT CARE 5
News US reportedly may abstain from UN vote condemni... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 9
News Cuba remains set in its ways (Apr '15) Jul '16 WE JUST DONT CARE 36
News Starwood begins managing hotel run by military ... Jun '16 kelly 4
News U.S. cruise ship pulls into Havana on historic ... May '16 serfs up 17
News In 'Papa,' Hemingway returns to Cuba via the si... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Fidel Castro to Obama: We don't need your 'pres... Apr '16 WE JUST DONT CARE 54
More from around the web