On this Day: Che Guevara Is Executed

Oct 9, 2008 | Posted by: findingDulcinea_KED | Full story: www.findingdulcinea.com

On Oct. 9, 1967, Che Guevara was killed by CIA operatives and members of the Bolivian army.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anna

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

There's more to the man behind the popular t-shirts teens wear today–I wonder if you stopped and asked them what he stood for or why they believe in him maybe one out of ten could tell you.
Martin Dressler

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Makes me want to learn more about the man. Well written and stunning photograph.
Ralph

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Oh Che, we barely knew ye. I hope you're having fun in Hell.
David

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

At least we have a Obama to represent the revolutionary spirit.
Daniel

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

A symbol of hope for some, a symbol of the devil for others. It all depends on where you're coming from.
Colleen

Oregon City, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

The rock star of revolutionaries.
Shannon

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way David, but I don't think you want to tie Obama too closely to Che. They definitely have different outlooks on how to achieve change.
Roberto Figueroa

Springfield Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Good riddance! All he brought to Cubans is misery for the Cubans and push them back to the stone age.Wish I could have pulled the trigger myself.
Matty

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

I never knew he was a doctor.
will

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

this is really cool
Marko Kalabic

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Judged:

Paul Berman is a brainwashed American fool, At the time, and still today, Latin America was suffering at the hands of power infused dictators and the exploitation of there natural resources to the US, Che Guevara believed in Communism and Marxism for a reason, he saw the factors that made lower-class citizens to plunge into turmoil, and for this reason he ultimately fought to the death for the good of the people. At the time no one was trying to establish a democratic government in Latin American countries no one was trying to help, and something had to be done, Che Guevara took the initiative, Fidel Castro took the initiative, and so did others before them, and by example, after them.
Paul Berman is the classic example of a propaganda-pumped, mis-informed, American, shunned in by the walls of the 4th branch of the Government, the media. Go out and read, because only through truthful education will your voice be heard among the billions that cry out.....
Chief-Nkereuwem- U-Akpan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

Undeniably Ernesto Che Guevara would not have achieved matyrdom and popular acclaim if he'd lived longer and died maybe in a sqalid Bolivian prison. Yet here was a mass muderer who signed the death warrants of hundreds of thousand without due process or flawed show trials being worshiped around the world as a hero all beacuse his killers created the condtions of deification before, durin and after his death. As an ideological and military commander, Che would held his head high among any warlord in every era in history in tactics, loyalty, self duscipline and honour.
Chief-Nkereuwem- U-Akpan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Undeniably Ernesto Che Guevara would not have achieved matyrdom and popular acclaim if he'd lived longer and died maybe in a sqalid Bolivian prison. Yet here was a mass muderer who signed the death warrants of hundreds of thousand without due process or flawed show trials being worshiped around the world as a hero all beacuse his killers created the condtions of deification before, durin and after his death. However, as an ideological and military commander, Che would held his head high among any warlord in every era in history in tactics, loyalty, self duscipline and honour without a doubt
Carl

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

Knowing all you now know about him, would you wear his face on a t-shirt ?
Chief-Nkereuwem- U-Akpan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

Carl wrote:
Knowing all you now know about him, would you wear his face on a t-shirt ?
Knowing what know, Carl I'll not wear his face on anything: T-shirt, basebal hat anything. A mass murderer is a mass murderer no matter his energies, youth or looks: Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Musolini, Amin, Che - they are all the same.
Richard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Judged:

I hate to see people wearing that guys face on a shirt. He was a cold blooded killer that put his hand in one of the worst tragedies of this century. The communism chapter of on of the most beautiful islands.
chuckie

Sugar Grove, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

the pro che and the anti che forces should consider the huge number of people who still DO NOT know anything about Che, except the photo of Who???
I worked one night at 7-11,and asked the customers "who is the face in this pir?', it was a article from National Geographic. They said, that's Jesus, that's count nostradamus, that's jimi hendrix, that's charlie manson, that's jim morrison, that's the zig zag man, etc....... why not focus on those who are unconscious about che? religions history are too blurry,so here's someone who has distinct dates, and there's still nothing but confusion? go figure!!
Mecican in the usa

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Che was againts american capitolism but toms of us mexicos come into america wearing his t shirts looking fior more money! They are just as stupid as che was. you all are dumb asses! Che was a bung of crap ! Take off your shirts dummiess1!
Viva Che

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Che was one of the most heroic ever to EVER live.
If there is a heaven ... Che is in charge there !
Hasta la Victoria Siempre !
RetiredArmyNCO

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

Judged:

Viva Che wrote:
Che was one of the most heroic ever to EVER live.
If there is a heaven ... Che is in charge there !
Hasta la Victoria Siempre !
You have a strange sense of heroism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••