Rascal Flatts: Trio does a bit of eve...

Rascal Flatts: Trio does a bit of everything for lively hometow...

There are 52 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 9, 2009, titled Rascal Flatts: Trio does a bit of everything for lively hometow.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Rascal Flatts closed the Ohio State Fair last night with a spectacular, sold-out concert in Crew Stadium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tim

Delaware, OH

#41 Aug 10, 2009
Ok, I went to CPD's website and found report # 090671052 and it tells what happened:

Suspect(s) were walking EB at the above location when they turned and fired several shots striking the victim. Suspects fled EB on foot.
Bill

Grove City, OH

#42 Aug 10, 2009
This concert was their best here to date. I've attended two here previously and they didn't play as long nor did they play as many of their songs. The reason they could play longer, my guess, is because Gary Levox rested his amazing voice during the "front porch" session. It was great when they brought out Matta and Herbstreit on Life is a Highway. It was clearly a Buckeye fan friendly concert. If you didn't like it go see them in Cincinnati. Bentley and Rucker were both very good. You don't often see both opening acts come out and share the stage with the stars. I hope they keep coming back. I hear they're selling out big venues like Chicago's Wrigley field ...almost 80,000 people. Finally the parking has been like that since they opened Crew Stadium. Expect it, plan for it, GET OVER IT.
Bill

Grove City, OH

#43 Aug 10, 2009
Does Rascal Flatts have a new song about O.H.I.O. that i hadn't heard yet. It was great. Somebody please enlighten me.
Tim

Delaware, OH

#44 Aug 11, 2009
Bill wrote:
Does Rascal Flatts have a new song about O.H.I.O. that i hadn't heard yet. It was great. Somebody please enlighten me.
Go to youtube.com and type in "Take me back to Ohio"
AjAne

Alpharetta, GA

#45 Aug 11, 2009
I must say.. this concert was not like any other. THey really catered to the location. I thought it was probably the only time anyone would ever see that exact show and I loved it. I loved the OSU jerseys and the ohio songs. I also loved the closing with the beatles. On a different note, I was sad that they did not sing most of their new cd. That cd pretty much was the whole reason i even went to the concert.

Dierks Bentley was good like normal. I saw him last year at the fair and although he performed a similar set, I was just as entertained. He is lively and spirited and really can catch the audiences attention and make them feel the energy.

Darius Rucker.. although just as he said.. he is a "pop" boy... his voice is amazing. I saw him when i was younger perform for hootie and the blowfish.. he is just one of those guys thats voice is the same whether performing, on the radio, or tv. I honestly think he never needs a genre.
jackie

Marysville, OH

#46 Aug 11, 2009
Rascal Flatts put on an awesome performance!!!!! We were in section A3 17th row couldn't of asked for better seats!! I can't wait to see them next year in Columbus, Ohio!!!!!! GO BUCKEYES!!!!!
OSU

Grove City, OH

#47 Aug 11, 2009
This is a bad review. It sounds like a 5th grader wrote it. All three bands deserve better then this type of writing. They did a great job. Who ever wrote this needs to get a new job.
RE RASCAL FLATTS

Hopkinsville, KY

#48 Aug 11, 2009
ITS TO BAD, FAME HAS WENT TO THE LEAD SINGER HEAD. I GUESS HE FORGOT WHERE HE CAME FROM OR WHAT HE USE TO DO. HOW SAD IS THAT.
ForeverFan

Dublin, OH

#49 Aug 11, 2009
A VERY entertaining concert by all three performances. Please offer Darius Rucker more than a sentence! He has become a terrific cross-over...excellent songs- and fun. Where's the mention of his version of Prince's "Purple Rain"?!!! This captured my hisbamd's attention; the rest of the night was icing on the cake.
Certainly am glad your review reflected what occurred, except there WAS diversity in the audience of ages...not all of us were so young and wearing sundresses and brown boots.
ForeverFan

Dublin, OH

#50 Aug 11, 2009
My husband drove independently of me and my cohorts: he got home in 15 minutes from 17th Avenue, it took me nearly and our and a half- first toward 17th, then to Hudson!!!! What's the reason?????
Tim

Delaware, OH

#51 Aug 12, 2009
ForeverFan wrote:
My husband drove independently of me and my cohorts: he got home in 15 minutes from 17th Avenue, it took me nearly and our and a half- first toward 17th, then to Hudson!!!! What's the reason?????
There was a shooting at 17th and I-71. Read my earlier post.
shurrreee

Hilliard, OH

#52 Aug 12, 2009
RE RASCAL FLATTS wrote:
ITS TO BAD, FAME HAS WENT TO THE LEAD SINGER HEAD. I GUESS HE FORGOT WHERE HE CAME FROM OR WHAT HE USE TO DO. HOW SAD IS THAT.
WHY DO U SAY THAT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND, I THOUGHT HE (THEY) GAVE A GREAT PERFORMANCE!?!? CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU FEEL THIS WAY?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rascal Flatts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sarah Palin celebrates daughter Bristol's engag... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News Wednesday, May 28, 2014 on The Morning Show (Dec '14) Dec '14 for community 1
News Rascal Flatts, PPL Center not in harmony on no-... (Sep '14) Oct '14 silly rabbit 21
News The Black Keys Earn First No. 1 Album, Michael ... (May '14) May '14 Octopus 3
News Paslay headlining at Coalfield Jamboree Kaitlin... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Eye in the sky 2
News Big Machine Records to release a Country Music ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 10
News Top country album releases in 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 3
More from around the web