Rascal Flatts: Trio does a bit of everything for lively hometow...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Rascal Flatts closed the Ohio State Fair last night with a spectacular, sold-out concert in Crew Stadium.
Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tim

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

This was fun! I was there last night and loved every bit of it. Another plus was lots of hot girls. Damn! Very good night.

The traffic situation was nightmare and unacceptable. Why CPD closed off Hudson Street is a mystery. Why we sat for 1.5 hours at the parking lot of the Ohio Historical Society without moving an inch is unacceptable.
Tim Newell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

100% agree great concert great girls although the hottest was mife next to me of coarse. We got out of the parking lot in less then 15 min. We actually hit Taco bell on the way home and were back in Delaware before midnight. Granted I picked a good spot to get out instead of the place they wanted me to park.
Tim wrote:
This was fun! I was there last night and loved every bit of it. Another plus was lots of hot girls. Damn! Very good night.
The traffic situation was nightmare and unacceptable. Why CPD closed off Hudson Street is a mystery. Why we sat for 1.5 hours at the parking lot of the Ohio Historical Society without moving an inch is unacceptable.
Kathy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

Darius Rucker performed a hell of an opening, to a LARGE number of people. I've never seen so many people show up for an opening act EVER, and I’ve been to a large number of concerts, and not just country. And all he got was a one-line blurb that he opened the show? I think the story needs re-written. Is it due to the fact that he's a former pop-icon, the fact that he's black, or the fact that he headed a band with a cult-like following for so long? Darius Rucker is a fantastic singer, song-writer and performer, and he deserved better than this story. The encore even focused on him, and an old Hootie and the Blowfish song. It's time Darius Rucker got the recognition he deserves, and get more than a one-line mention. Grow Up Columbus Dispatch!
KAYSIE

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

CONCERT WAS AMAZING LAST NIGHT. WELCOME HOME FLATTS:)
too hot

Saint Johns, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

good show weather bad
Voter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

The show was incredible and Darius Rucker deserved more than one line in this review. And, he should NOT be referred to as "Hootie and the Blowfish lead singer"....he's Darius Rucker! This reviewer clearly put little time or effort into the review.
Good grief Kathy

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

I am sure he got a one line blurb because he's black.
Are you that ignorant?
You cannot possibly be that ignorant.
Well, maybe you can.
Maybe it's because he was the opening act and not the headliner.
Ever think about that?
Sheesh...
A lot of people played the fair this year and got no mention whatsoever.
Grow up!
Monica Kuhn-West

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

I wasn't at this concert; doesn't matter, I enjoy all the artist's that were
there!! I just read the review from CURTIS SCHIEBER and I'm blown
away that he gave Darius Rucker a "one" sentence statement?? Darius
Rucker deserves an apology from THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH!!! How
pathetic and humiliating for a great artist!!!!!!
Mrs Smith

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

"Young, white and largely female, the fans were animated all night, singing along to nearly all of the band's songs and waving their arms in a sea of suntanned limbs jutting from sundresses and often anchored by cowboy-booted legs."

What does that have to do with anything? I can't wait to read the color of skin, sex and attire of whomever attends the next 50 Cent concert. Can you imagine:'The 50 Cent concert was attended by a young, black and largely male crowd, their underwear jutting from their huge baggy pants that had to be held up at crotch.'
jacci

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

the concert was amazing; i would relive the moment of being there each and every day if i could :) it was a great summer night; i wouldn't trade it for anything in the world <33
Mike

Waterford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Great show. Who did they bring out at the very end? An osu player? We were at the top of the bleachers and couldn't tell who it was.
BLUJKTS

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

How many fairs, concerts, and Crew games does it take figure out the parking? Took over 90 minutes to get on the highway. I will NEVER come back to a Crew Show or State Fair concert at the Crew Stadium ever again. All of this disaster was orchestrated with the help of Ohio's Finest: the highway patrol. Kirk Herstreit was kinda of a cheesy ending...
buckeyforever

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Mike wrote:
Great show. Who did they bring out at the very end? An osu player? We were at the top of the bleachers and couldn't tell who it was.
It was former OSU quarterback Kirk Herbstreit and OSU basketball coach Thad Matta.
Xtina

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

I thought it was a fun show - definitely better than when I saw them a few years ago in Cinci.

Of course it wasn't a very country-like performance. Anyone who listens to their music knows that Rascal is a "country for beginners" kind of group. The point is that they played well and the singing was great.

I loved the encore, as cheesy as it may have been. You could tell all the guys were having fun, and my boy and I thought it was great that they brought out Dierks and Darius. All three acts put on a good show, and it was nice that each act had it's own flavor/style.:-)

One problem - the girls wearing winter boots with their skirts b/c they don't own cowboy boots. 90 degrees and you're wearing winter leather boots? Please.
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Judged:

I am with those who are dismayed by the one-line mention of Darius Rucker. He's a well-known musician who is trying something different...isn't that a story in itself?
Aimee

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

The whole concert was great! Loved every minute of it.I agree Darius should have gotten more than one line in the article. He has the number one single on the country charts right now! I'm sure it wasn't racial just that he was the opener. I totally agree with the comments about the traffic situation. I have never seen such disorganization before. My boyfriend and I agree it should have been down to a science with the crowd that was expected.
I Love Ohio

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

BLUJKTS wrote:
How many fairs, concerts, and Crew games does it take figure out the parking? Took over 90 minutes to get on the highway. I will NEVER come back to a Crew Show or State Fair concert at the Crew Stadium ever again. All of this disaster was orchestrated with the help of Ohio's Finest: the highway patrol. Kirk Herstreit was kinda of a cheesy ending...
No sir, all of the chaos was orchestrated by the local gang bangers deciding to have a shootout at McDonalds, CPD investigating said shooting, and Ohio's finest needing ti find alternate ways around for the 20,000 plus to get out of there.
Proud to be a Buckeye

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Mrs Smith wrote:
"Young, white and largely female, the fans were animated all night, singing along to nearly all of the band's songs and waving their arms in a sea of suntanned limbs jutting from sundresses and often anchored by cowboy-booted legs."
What does that have to do with anything? I can't wait to read the color of skin, sex and attire of whomever attends the next 50 Cent concert. Can you imagine:'The 50 Cent concert was attended by a young, black and largely male crowd, their underwear jutting from their huge baggy pants that had to be held up at crotch.'
I agree - what does "Young, WHITE and largely female" have to do with anything - Idiot.
Proud to be a Buckeye

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Mrs Smith - I am not calling you an idiot - but the writer of the so called story.
trish

Vincent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

I was at the concert! It was awsome!! I loved every minute of the concert. I really enjoyed the whole experience. Rascal Flatts rocks!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rascal Flatts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Black Keys Earn First No. 1 Album, Michael ... May '14 Octopus 3
Paslay headlining at Coalfield Jamboree Kaitlin... Mar '14 Eye in the sky 2
Big Machine Records to release a Country Music ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 10
Top country album releases in 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 3
Rascal Flatts Backstage pass (Feb '07) Dec '13 Kathy Peebles 7
.....FARMER ..is...GOD...not..T (May '13) Oct '13 SHYKORA paul arts 2
El Paso weekend: Rascal Flatts gets 'Live & Lou... (Sep '13) Sep '13 el paso locksmith 4

Search the Rascal Flatts Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••