I-Team: Paulding Sheriff Bruce Harris

I-Team: Paulding Sheriff Bruce Harris

There are 21 comments on the MyFOX Atlanta story from Nov 12, 2007, titled I-Team: Paulding Sheriff Bruce Harris. In it, MyFOX Atlanta reports that:

A longtime metro sheriff who spends more time in his garden than at the office? That's just the beginning of what the FOX 5 I-Team uncovered in the sheriff's department of one of the fastest growing counties in ... via MyFOX Atlanta

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFOX Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kristen

Wilmington, NC

#1 Nov 13, 2007
Hey, sheriff: has anyone ever told you you need to WORK for your money?

The good citizens should demand that you pay them back for all the money you accepted for doing the job.
Katherine

Norcross, GA

#2 Nov 14, 2007
I am a long time resident of Paulding County. I have known for years how Sheriff Harris works and how that department works. I feel like he has done a wonderful job with that department. We have come a long way in Paulding and I have no complaints. You saw the Sheriff at home cutting his grass so what-do you think if he was needed he wouldn't respond. I have also seen him first hand out in the field at 3 am where is the news footage of that. The last time I checked public safety employees are on the job 24/7. To me this is not news worthy because hello its not like we all didn't already know. We love our Sheriff and as far as his wife being his Secretary there are still several cities in Georgia where the Mayor is married to the City Clerk??? does anyone care. One last question how far is Gastonia NC from Paulding County??
Yeah Right

AOL

#3 Nov 15, 2007
The news media should investigate Bartow County Sheriffs Department. Now that would be something to talk about.
VICTIM

Cumming, GA

#4 Nov 17, 2007
OKAY Here is what we can do -
If we all write and bring this to the attention of the Governor I think we can get somewhere. WRITE TO;
THE HONORABLE SONNY PERDUE
203 STATE CAPITOL
ATLANTA , GA. 30334
OR TELEPHONE HIS OFFICE:
I have already spoke once to his secretary - she is awesome:
PAULDING COUNTY - NO MORE
VICTIM

Cumming, GA

#5 Nov 17, 2007
YES I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT - SPEAKING OF MAKING THERE SO CALLED DRUG ARRESTS -- PAULDING COUNTY NOT ONLY WENT THROUGH MY HOME AND MY DRESSER DRAWERS - AN OFFICER HELD A GUN TO OUR HEAD - DID NOT SHOW UP IN COURT - AND IT GETS BETTER. HIS FELLOW OFFICER DID APPEAR TO COURT, AND LIED REGARDING THE ENTIRE INCIDENT EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A TOTAL OF 3 WITNESSES STATING OTHERWISE. NOT TO MENTION INVESTIGATIONS DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE PROPER INFORMATION REGARDING THE EVIDENCE SUBMITTED - WHERE DID IT GO? I CALLED THE PAULDING COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT TO ISSUE A COMPLAINT SEVERAL TIMES - THEY TOLD ME NOT TO CALL BACK AND HUNG UP ON ME - I CALLED INVESTIGATIONS, SIMPLY TO ASK WHERE DID MY "SO CALLED" EVIDENCE GO ? THEY DID NOT RETURN MY CALL. FOR MONTHS I ISSUED SEVERAL REPORTS TO THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS,(BEFORE MY COURT DATE) THEY WOULD NOT AND DID NOT HELP ME. I HAD SEVERAL REPORTS TO BACK MY FACTS IN COURT - I BELIEVE IT TOOK THE JUDGE A TOTAL OF 60 SECONDS IF THAT TO READ OVER THEM. SHE FOUND US GUILTY REGARDLESS OF OUR FACTS - EVEN AFTER WE STATED UNDER OATH THE OFFICER WAS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. AND THE VERY, VERY SAD PART, WE HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW OUR ENTIRE LIVES. AND WE WERE "TELLING THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, SO HELP US GOD!" WHY HAS THIS BEEN ALLOWED TO GO ON ? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ? SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASE!
John

Douglasville, GA

#6 Nov 22, 2007
I worked at the Sheriffs office in Paulding County as A Deputy for just over 3 years. I do not know a finer man than Sheriff Bruce Harris. He has always been involved in what was going on at the sheriffs Department. I have seen the man go to murder suspectís homes and knock on the door to try and get them to surrender before there ever was a SWAT team in Paulding County. I can't remember a time that I was involved in a car chase where Sheriff Harris was either on the radio or assisting the officers involved. The allegations of misconduct are unfounded and are taken out of context to say the least. I feel sorry for Mr. Travis being dragged into a political environment that happens every four years. I guess someone thought they would get an early start to the mud slinging.
esai turner

Dallas, GA

#7 Nov 25, 2007
what can i say,I think mr.bruce harris is a good man and sheriff and he doing a fine job with the sheriff's office. i remember when the sheriff office did'nt have a swat team until he was elected sheriff and they have one of the best swat teams ever because of him. he was not doing nothing wrong,so leave him alone and go find something else to investigate.there other people out there killing each others go investigate that stuff. i tell you what if he runs for sheriff next year ill' bet you he wins again and if he does i will make sure i will work for him because im planning to be a jailer for him next year..thanks mr.travis
drugbuster

Acworth, GA

#8 Dec 3, 2007
I know of 6 drug houses in Paulding County and I do not even use drugs. I have been trying to contact our Sheriff Department to give them this information but they do not seem intersted. I want drug users and drug sellers off of our streets. What can I do to report this and these locations and names and get help? Please let me know if you can help me. Thank you
drugbuster

Acworth, GA

#9 Dec 3, 2007
Drugbuster is Dallas, Georgia, not Irving Texas
strick

Dallas, GA

#10 Dec 4, 2007
i think sheriff harris is an amazing guy and sherrif. i have known him all my life and really dont care about what you have bad to say about him. if the news team reported on all of the good things and not just the bad things about the man then it would be different. i dont understand the news or anything about it. why does the news just do negative investigations? everything about the news is always negative and puttin people down. its really dumb if you ask me.
corn

Loganville, GA

#11 Dec 5, 2007
Sheriff Harris is performing an in justice to the tax payers of Paulding County. You led by example and being absent allow his department to run a mock. As the saying goes when the cats away the mice will play. Other posters are telling how good of man he isÖno one is questioning that itís his work ethics. Take one look at him and his rose bud nose he is a disgrace to law enforcement.
goody old buddy system

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2008
How him not take care of fellow officers I currently have a friend in the office and this officer does not get any respect and this person when to him about the concerns of the good old buddy system he I can't help you. Every body should be treated fairly even your on officers. Mr. Harris carries nothing about nobody but him self
John wrote:
I worked at the Sheriffs office in Paulding County as A Deputy for just over 3 years. I do not know a finer man than Sheriff Bruce Harris. He has always been involved in what was going on at the sheriffs Department. I have seen the man go to murder suspectís homes and knock on the door to try and get them to surrender before there ever was a SWAT team in Paulding County. I can't remember a time that I was involved in a car chase where Sheriff Harris was either on the radio or assisting the officers involved. The allegations of misconduct are unfounded and are taken out of context to say the least. I feel sorry for Mr. Travis being dragged into a political environment that happens every four years. I guess someone thought they would get an early start to the mud slinging.
Tana

Cartersville, GA

#13 Aug 14, 2008
If you have a complaint. DON'T DO CRIME STUPID!!
Leave our Sheriff and his family alone. God bless Bruce. Hang in there
stupidpeople

Atlanta, GA

#14 Aug 19, 2008
good ole boy in Kennesaw,

Before you talk trash learn how to spell it. Also can you put together correct sentances,for the love of God.

i know the Sheriff and i use to work for him. He has never been short with anyone nor has he treated people differently. Maybe your friend is a screw up and wants to blame it on someone. Have you ever thought of that?
Citizen

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2008
VICTIM wrote:
OKAY Here is what we can do -
If we all write and bring this to the attention of the Governor I think we can get somewhere. WRITE TO;
THE HONORABLE SONNY PERDUE
203 STATE CAPITOL
ATLANTA , GA. 30334
OR TELEPHONE HIS OFFICE:
I have already spoke once to his secretary - she is awesome:
PAULDING COUNTY - NO MORE
What a joke that Sonny would do anything.
Deltadawn

Dallas, GA

#16 Feb 9, 2009
Lets go Fishing Bruce!
Gina D

Fairmount, GA

#17 May 30, 2009
Was the offied by chance "Mike Hill"?
VICTIM wrote:
YES I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT - SPEAKING OF MAKING THERE SO CALLED DRUG ARRESTS -- PAULDING COUNTY NOT ONLY WENT THROUGH MY HOME AND MY DRESSER DRAWERS - AN OFFICER HELD A GUN TO OUR HEAD - DID NOT SHOW UP IN COURT - AND IT GETS BETTER. HIS FELLOW OFFICER DID APPEAR TO COURT, AND LIED REGARDING THE ENTIRE INCIDENT EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A TOTAL OF 3 WITNESSES STATING OTHERWISE. NOT TO MENTION INVESTIGATIONS DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE PROPER INFORMATION REGARDING THE EVIDENCE SUBMITTED - WHERE DID IT GO? I CALLED THE PAULDING COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT TO ISSUE A COMPLAINT SEVERAL TIMES - THEY TOLD ME NOT TO CALL BACK AND HUNG UP ON ME - I CALLED INVESTIGATIONS, SIMPLY TO ASK WHERE DID MY "SO CALLED" EVIDENCE GO ? THEY DID NOT RETURN MY CALL. FOR MONTHS I ISSUED SEVERAL REPORTS TO THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS,(BEFORE MY COURT DATE) THEY WOULD NOT AND DID NOT HELP ME. I HAD SEVERAL REPORTS TO BACK MY FACTS IN COURT - I BELIEVE IT TOOK THE JUDGE A TOTAL OF 60 SECONDS IF THAT TO READ OVER THEM. SHE FOUND US GUILTY REGARDLESS OF OUR FACTS - EVEN AFTER WE STATED UNDER OATH THE OFFICER WAS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. AND THE VERY, VERY SAD PART, WE HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW OUR ENTIRE LIVES. AND WE WERE "TELLING THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, SO HELP US GOD!" WHY HAS THIS BEEN ALLOWED TO GO ON ? WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON ? SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASE!
TakingACTION

Kennesaw, GA

#18 Oct 13, 2009
This is allowed to take place because all of Paulding County is run by no good scoundrels widely know as part of the IKA (International Klan Association) Someone needs to put a stop to this madness. They will continue to do this as long as they have no one to answer to. You need to first start with the governor. Start a petition and organize a protest to get the media's attention. They feel they are above the law and have even gone so far as to state even that. I'm not going to stand by and allow the very individuals who are suppose to uphold the law and protect citizens to spend my tax paying dollars to do the exact opposite.
LMAO

Fayetteville, GA

#19 Nov 14, 2009
TakingACTION wrote:
This is allowed to take place because all of Paulding County is run by no good scoundrels widely know as part of the IKA (International Klan Association) Someone needs to put a stop to this madness. They will continue to do this as long as they have no one to answer to. You need to first start with the governor. Start a petition and organize a protest to get the media's attention. They feel they are above the law and have even gone so far as to state even that. I'm not going to stand by and allow the very individuals who are suppose to uphold the law and protect citizens to spend my tax paying dollars to do the exact opposite.
LMAO. IKA. I'm assuming you are a minority. I'm not and I had no idea there was such a thing as the IKA. The tax-paying-citizen thing always cracks me up. Your tax refund is probably about as much as, or more than, you actually paid in taxes. Therefore, your "tax paying dollars" are fairly equal to the .02 you just contributed to this conversation.
LMAO

Fayetteville, GA

#20 Nov 14, 2009
stupidpeople wrote:
good ole boy in Kennesaw,
Before you talk trash learn how to spell it. Also can you put together correct sentances,for the love of God.
i know the Sheriff and i use to work for him. He has never been short with anyone nor has he treated people differently. Maybe your friend is a screw up and wants to blame it on someone. Have you ever thought of that?
Don't spell flame if you can't do better yourself. You better hope the grammar police don't catch wind of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Travis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Randy Travis: I'm 'damaged' following near-fata... (Feb '17) Feb '17 inbred Genius 5
News Marshville native Randy Travis sings on stage f... (Oct '16) Oct '16 luvnut 1
News Randy Travis Update: Out and about in Nashville (Feb '15) Nov '15 ESTELLE LOPES 3
News Taylor Swift, Randy Travis Feud Rooted in His D... (Apr '14) Nov '14 abaley 15
News Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Mar... (Sep '14) Oct '14 luvnut 31
News Randy Travis on the Road to Recovery at Home in... (Mar '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
News Randy Travis Reportedly Unable to Speak After S... (Jun '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
More from around the web