Travis' show shallow, sedate

Travis' show shallow, sedate

There are 5 comments on the Regina Leader Post story from Aug 2, 2008, titled Travis' show shallow, sedate. In it, Regina Leader Post reports that:

Considering the depth of his catalogue, country music legend Randy Travis turned out a shallow performance Friday night at Buffalo Days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Regina Leader Post.

RTFAN86

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2008
Oh my, quoting a song from Randy's awesome new CD Around the Bend, it's obvious that "You Didn't Have a Good Time". And that I don't understand. I have been to many, many RT concerts over the past 22 years, 6 already this year and I have always left the venue with such a feeling of awe. Seeing Randy live is like nothing else I have experienced and I leave counting down the days to the next concert. And believe me there are a lot of people out there who feel just the way I do.

I have to disagree with some things the reviewer stated. For one thing, the only songs that Randy abbreviates are the ones in the medley and even those he performs at least one verse and the chorus. Oh, and another thing, the song is Honky Tonk Moon not Honky Tonk Man.

As for wasting time telling jokes, believe me at the concerts I have attended the audience appreciates Randy's sense of humor. Watching him tell the jokes is one of my favorite parts mainly because he gets such a kick out of it. And I love that smile!

Looks and acts older than his years? I don't see that at all. So, he's not jumping around the stage like other so-called country acts. All I want and need is that man and his music. I don't care for any theatrics. And besides, I think he is absolutely beautiful.

If any of you out there are considering going to an RT concert don't let this one review discourage you. Go! You will not regret it.
betty

Barberton, OH

#2 Aug 14, 2010
RTFAN86 wrote:
Oh my, quoting a song from Randy's awesome new CD Around the Bend, it's obvious that "You Didn't Have a Good Time". And that I don't understand. I have been to many, many RT concerts over the past 22 years, 6 already this year and I have always left the venue with such a feeling of awe. Seeing Randy live is like nothing else I have experienced and I leave counting down the days to the next concert. And believe me there are a lot of people out there who feel just the way I do.
I have to disagree with some things the reviewer stated. For one thing, the only songs that Randy abbreviates are the ones in the medley and even those he performs at least one verse and the chorus. Oh, and another thing, the song is Honky Tonk Moon not Honky Tonk Man.
As for wasting time telling jokes, believe me at the concerts I have attended the audience appreciates Randy's sense of humor. Watching him tell the jokes is one of my favorite parts mainly because he gets such a kick out of it. And I love that smile!
Looks and acts older than his years? I don't see that at all. So, he's not jumping around the stage like other so-called country acts. All I want and need is that man and his music. I don't care for any theatrics. And besides, I think he is absolutely beautiful.
If any of you out there are considering going to an RT concert don't let this one review discourage you. Go! You will not regret it.
amen!! I loved everry minute of his concerts.
Sherri

United States

#3 Aug 29, 2010
WE just saw Randy at Freemont, Ohio last night. We thought his show was great like always. We noticed he didn't mensions his wife 5 times, like normal, and we're wondering if anyone knows if they are still together, or if he's living with that Mary Deougher in Texas still. We were too far away to see a wedding ring. This was a shock to us.
betty

Barberton, OH

#4 Aug 30, 2010
I also would like to know where he is. I do no think his managers etc will release any info until his
tours are over.
betty

Barberton, OH

#5 Sep 2, 2010
There was a review of his concert at Pocono Downs and it had a picture of him on stage and his hands
and there was no wedding band on his finger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Travis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Randy Travis Update: Out and about in Nashville (Feb '15) Nov '15 ESTELLE LOPES 3
News Taylor Swift, Randy Travis Feud Rooted in His D... (Apr '14) Nov '14 abaley 15
News Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Mar... (Sep '14) Oct '14 luvnut 31
News Randy Travis on the Road to Recovery at Home in... (Mar '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
News Randy Travis Reportedly Unable to Speak After S... (Jun '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
News Randy Travis makes appearance at Dolly Parton c... (Jun '14) Jun '14 whichwayisit 2
News What Artist Made Country Cool To The Nation In ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Estelle Lopes 2
More from around the web