Travis' "Pecos" film to be televised ...

Travis' "Pecos" film to be televised Dec. 24

There are 19 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Travis' "Pecos" film to be televised Dec. 24. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

CARLSBAD A Christmas television special starring country music singer Randy Travis and filmed in Carlsbad will air locally on Christmas Eve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Hummmm

Mayhill, NM

#1 Dec 19, 2009
We bought the DVD and was not really impressed with it.
Mr Clean

Mount Pleasant, SC

#3 Dec 20, 2009
LibStomper wrote:
Yea well Travis is a mediocre entertainer at best and all the pretty lights on Earth can't change that. Can't sing for shhhhhh....total snooze. The TV station should spare us this numbster and rerun "Cars" or even animated "Grinch". Anything but the Pecos thing.
Randy Travis has been a stellar country & western entertainer for years. Ones with your mentality help keep Carsbad Mexico in the trash heap,
Watching in Artesia

Mayhill, NM

#4 Dec 20, 2009
That would be Carlsbad, NEW Mexico, not Carlsbad Mexico! Sorry Mr. Clean I just had to make that correction.
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Dec 20, 2009
God this board has some complainers
Mr Clean

Mount Pleasant, SC

#6 Dec 20, 2009
Watching in Artesia wrote:
That would be Carlsbad, NEW Mexico, not Carlsbad Mexico! Sorry Mr. Clean I just had to make that correction.
I've driven through New Mexico and there are border check points Inside the state, go figure. It looks similar to Mexico, you can order Mexican food and everyone prides themselves to Mexico. Wonder why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US?
EnoughAlready

Tucumcari, NM

#7 Dec 20, 2009
LibStomper wrote:
Yea well Travis is a mediocre entertainer at best and all the pretty lights on Earth can't change that. Can't sing for shhhhhh....total snooze. The TV station should spare us this numbster and rerun "Cars" or even animated "Grinch". Anything but the Pecos thing.
Mr. Clean is right. Randy Travis might not be everyones cup of tea, but to say the man can't sing just shows ignorance. Most people in country music think he has one of the great male voices of all time. I'm not a huge fan of that style of music either, but just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it sucks. Guy Lutman did a good job of getting this thing done and on the air. Regardless of the level of success, at least someone is trying to promote the community. He deserves props for that and not a kick in the nuts!
Carlsbad Grad

Midland, TX

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Lots of whiners. Bet you have happy families.
hard times

Hobbs, NM

#9 Dec 21, 2009
me and my family attended the concert and thought it was a good concert for being in carlsbad at the crappie civic center.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#11 Dec 21, 2009
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> I've driven through New Mexico and there are border check points Inside the state, go figure. It looks similar to Mexico, you can order Mexican food and everyone prides themselves to Mexico. Wonder why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US?
You do not know why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US? Could it be because it is old Mexico in itself? Texas has BP as well. Perhaps you lack the knowledge that the countries of the US and Mexico share the same border! Let me guess, you did not know that Canada shared a border with the US also! I have never been way up north by Canada, but I will take a wild guess that there are parts of the US that look like Canada that is by Canada. What is the US to do to not have NM look like Mexico? Take and fill in the whole damn state with rocks, palm trees, water? Tell me. Oh geez, wth do you say when your cousin looked like your grandpa or another relative? Could it be because that person shares the same genes? Perhaps you would like to take those genes out of that person so your cousin won't look like a relative.
wtf

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 21, 2009
Yawn!
Mr Clean

Memphis, TN

#13 Dec 21, 2009
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US? Could it be because it is old Mexico in itself?
Thats what I figured. Many in New Mexico pride themselves with ties to Mexico. Many in the U.S. think of Mexico whenever a city in New Mexico is mentioned. Hows the war on drugs with the State of Mew Mexico going with your friends to the south?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 21, 2009
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> Thats what I figured. Many in New Mexico pride themselves with ties to Mexico. Many in the U.S. think of Mexico whenever a city in New Mexico is mentioned. Hows the war on drugs with the State of Mew Mexico going with your friends to the south?
Well it is hell in El Paso, that is 3.5 hours away. However, they are recruiting teens to kidnap and sell drugs for them in the northern states. The war on drugs won't ever stop, especially with the government is helping bring them in!
Mr Clean

Memphis, TN

#15 Dec 21, 2009
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is hell in El Paso, that is 3.5 hours away. However, they are recruiting teens to kidnap and sell drugs for them in the northern states. The war on drugs won't ever stop, especially with the government is helping bring them in!
Exactly. Now grown in the USA's midwest with the casual eye of illegals from Mexico. I guess the desert is too out in the open and dry to grow pot. I've always wondered why NM's legislature and other states never address this issue.
EnoughAlready

Tucumcari, NM

#16 Jan 1, 2010
FU ass wipe !!!! If I knew who you were I'd kick your stupid ass right now
LibStomper wrote:
<quoted text>
"..to say the man can't sing just shows ignorance"... Do you even know the defintion of the word 'ignorant'? Totally misused here,but you were probably educated in New Mexico..which is to say you have little actual learning skills and are 2 steps above imbecile on the intelligence scales.
Travis is a "nose singer". He does not project his voice,(noise) and has ZERO vocal range-if he had to sing any song of power and timbre he would choke. His music bores the hell out of me.
That is not "ignorance"...It is "preference". You silly little man.
well well

Mayhill, NM

#18 Jan 4, 2010
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> I've driven through New Mexico and there are border check points Inside the state, go figure. It looks similar to Mexico, you can order Mexican food and everyone prides themselves to Mexico. Wonder why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US?
Maybe you should read your history book again, numb nuts. Although I agree that Randy Travis isn't the "latest and greatest" the border checks are for the one's trying to get over HERE. My gosh, did you even think this through before you posted?
well well

Mayhill, NM

#19 Jan 4, 2010
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know why the word Mexico is tied to a state of the US? Could it be because it is old Mexico in itself? Texas has BP as well. Perhaps you lack the knowledge that the countries of the US and Mexico share the same border! Let me guess, you did not know that Canada shared a border with the US also! I have never been way up north by Canada, but I will take a wild guess that there are parts of the US that look like Canada that is by Canada. What is the US to do to not have NM look like Mexico? Take and fill in the whole damn state with rocks, palm trees, water? Tell me. Oh geez, wth do you say when your cousin looked like your grandpa or another relative? Could it be because that person shares the same genes? Perhaps you would like to take those genes out of that person so your cousin won't look like a relative.
lol. I like the way you are able to think logically, unlike our Okie friend.
kornback Rattler

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Jan 4, 2010
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> Randy Travis has been a stellar country & western entertainer for years. Ones with your mentality help keep Carsbad Mexico in the trash heap,
Stay out of our business you old man.

NEXT!!
kornback Rattler

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Jan 4, 2010
Mr Clean wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. Now grown in the USA's midwest with the casual eye of illegals from Mexico. I guess the desert is too out in the open and dry to grow pot. I've always wondered why NM's legislature and other states never address this issue.
Cram it old man.
born country

Carlsbad, NM

#22 Jan 18, 2010
i guess i missed this...when was he here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Travis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Randy Travis Update: Out and about in Nashville (Feb '15) Nov '15 ESTELLE LOPES 3
News Taylor Swift, Randy Travis Feud Rooted in His D... (Apr '14) Nov '14 abaley 15
News Randy Travis' name no longer on 'Welcome to Mar... (Sep '14) Oct '14 luvnut 31
News Randy Travis on the Road to Recovery at Home in... (Mar '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
News Randy Travis Reportedly Unable to Speak After S... (Jun '14) Sep '14 Estelle Lopes 2
News Randy Travis makes appearance at Dolly Parton c... (Jun '14) Jun '14 whichwayisit 2
News What Artist Made Country Cool To The Nation In ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Estelle Lopes 2
More from around the web