The Transplants Break Up [News]

There are 20 comments on the Jan 20, 2006, Ultimate-guitar.com story titled The Transplants Break Up [News]. In it, Ultimate-guitar.com reports that:

The Transplants have apparently split up. In a recent interview, frontman Skinhead Rob confirmed the rumours which began shortly after the group cancelled their fall tour, reports PunkBands.com . The band, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ultimate-guitar.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Balls”

Since: Dec 05

San Meteo

#1 Jan 20, 2006
SWEET! ya, i heard a little earlier that Tim Armstrong said something about not wanting to do any new Rancid stuff cuz he's happy with the Transplants now etc (i just heard this - could be BS). but anywho ... im just glad that that Tim's got more time for Rancid now (or i assume) and more Rancid is always a good thing ... unless they record something like Live Wont Wait again
oldskool

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Jan 23, 2006
i dont think rancid would be back for a while because Matt freeman(bassist for rancid)is with social distortion and lars fred. is with The Bastards.........but iunno it might happen
alexis

Maldegem, Belgium

#3 Feb 4, 2006
u guys sucks!!!!
truebeliever

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2006
Yeah rob aston f'ed up. Dumbass junkie is gonna flop like a bitch without tim.
BBB

UK

#5 Feb 5, 2006
The Transplants not doin any more... well, meh. It was good for a side project and a bit of a musical difference for Tim but overall Rancid and Operation Ivy will always be more impressive and interesting than The Transplants. Can't wait to hear more Rancid material. Oh, but Matt isnt with Social Distortion any more I dont think.

ps... Life Won't Wait was still a good album.
oli

Winslow, UK

#6 Feb 19, 2006
hey rancid are ace but transplants are just as good.
nihilist

UK

#7 Feb 22, 2006
i've heard tim's liver is about to pack up and he has had to stop due to ill health...
tomala

Glen Ellyn, IL

#8 Mar 6, 2006
no offense, transplants are incredible, but u cant compare them to rancid. They've been around forever.. and who can forget "and out come the wolves"
liveFAstMOUSdief un

Sussex, NJ

#9 Mar 15, 2006
idk... before rancid there was op ivy which ruled- tim split from that and doesnt even talk bout it in interviews--Transplants are the shit_wait were the shit.. i'll missem
Godfather Sisilia

Monterrey, Mexico

#10 Mar 15, 2006
Yeahhh rancid at last new album comming soon and... lifi wont wait is a great album dick head!!
Cob

Tempe, AZ

#11 Apr 3, 2006
I saw the Transplants when they opened up for Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl and Travis Barker. Two kick ass drummers
Jordan

Australia

#12 Apr 19, 2006
Screw the transplants, Travis belongs in Blink182, the sooner he realises the potential they still have to be huger than ever the sooner they can get back together.
habidus

Winnipeg, Canada

#13 Apr 19, 2006
Blink-182 suck.
pierce

AOL

#14 May 21, 2006
operation ivy and rancid are awesome! i like the transplants too but tim was the best part of it. TIM ARMSTRONG ROCKS!
Rhi

UK

#15 May 24, 2006
I luvd Transplant but i never really took any interest in rancid!**
Chris bowman

New York, NY

#16 Jul 2, 2006
i would have to say that life wont wait is one of their best records
SickBoy

United States

#17 Oct 12, 2006
phatduckk wrote:
SWEET! ya, i heard a little earlier that Tim Armstrong said something about not wanting to do any new Rancid stuff cuz he's happy with the Transplants now etc (i just heard this - could be BS). but anywho ... im just glad that that Tim's got more time for Rancid now (or i assume) and more Rancid is always a good thing ... unless they record something like Live Wont Wait again
Tims passion is Music and Rancid...He would never say that "The Transplants" would be his #1 focas and that Rancid would be put on the back burner. As you know Tim has always had side project going on when Rancid has been on break from there sched. The reason for the break up was for different personal reasons within the band..

Whittier, Ca
chaoskidd08

United States

#18 Oct 12, 2006
Hey Life wont wait is the best album. The new transplants cd sucked anyways. They should just stopped after the first one.
Whatever

Edgewater, MD

#19 Dec 15, 2006
Rancid sucks.
The Transplants were alot better than Rancid.
I don't see why everyone likes Rancid so much,I mean the vocals are horrible,and the most talented musician in the band is the bassist Matt Freeman.
Need example?
On the Rancid/NOFX split,NOFX actually improved Rancid's songs,whereas Rancid made NOFX's songs sound like shit.
ITALIAN BOY

Rimini, Italy

#20 Dec 23, 2006
ehi english boys.you suck.you are stupid very stupid.i destroy you.W RANCID

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New music: You + Me, Rancid (Oct '14) Oct '14 Pope Che Reagan C... 1
Afterwords (Feb '06) Jul '14 Elise Renee Ginge... 6
Rancid worst song (Jun '08) Jul '14 Wolverine 11
News JuiceheaD: The New Breed of Punk (Nov '11) Aug '13 RiotAct666 3
tim armstrong limited edition prints (Sep '12) Sep '12 Poster Child Prints 1
Rancid film? (May '12) May '12 DerrickC 1
Rancid best album (Apr '06) Apr '12 Skajas 25
More from around the web