MEE12

Beckenham, UK

#21 Dec 1, 2012
Dev wrote:
<quoted text>
I do accept to some extent but the difference in two of the stars i.e., RK & AB is AB has a wife Jaya who is more matured than Dimple in real life. Dimple gave importance for reel life that real life. If Jaya was not clever AB's position would have been worst... may be he might have lingered round parveen babi or rekha & so on. The most trouble some fact is Dimple should have come to RK atleast after the marriage of their 2 daughters & led a peaceful retired life by giving glittering presence on shows / adds /films & should have made a window dressing collectively including the couple akshay & twinkle this would have made a big impact in the lives of the entire family. Instead dimple stayed away & left RK alone till his health is hampered. This is very bad. On the other hand AB always learnt life lessons from the life of Rk's misery , AB & jaya reconciled each other & started doing TV shows, ADDS , cordial relations in the industry, Celebrating birthday of AB including Bete B, Art galary, inviting media person like rajdeep to make a special episode on CNN channel...all these constructive methods of improving the Image of AB was adopted by AB & Jaya. According to me Kaka never failed professionally in films But failed to choose a good life partner.
Kaka ji wanted a se*y wife and that's what he got....a wife with a body and no brain!
radzi

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#22 Dec 1, 2012
Dev wrote:
<quoted text>
I do accept to some extent but the difference in two of the stars i.e., RK & AB is AB has a wife Jaya who is more matured than Dimple in real life. Dimple gave importance for reel life that real life. If Jaya was not clever AB's position would have been worst... may be he might have lingered round parveen babi or rekha & so on. The most trouble some fact is Dimple should have come to RK atleast after the marriage of their 2 daughters & led a peaceful retired life by giving glittering presence on shows / adds /films & should have made a window dressing collectively including the couple akshay & twinkle this would have made a big impact in the lives of the entire family. Instead dimple stayed away & left RK alone till his health is hampered. This is very bad. On the other hand AB always learnt life lessons from the life of Rk's misery , AB & jaya reconciled each other & started doing TV shows, ADDS , cordial relations in the industry, Celebrating birthday of AB including Bete B, Art galary, inviting media person like rajdeep to make a special episode on CNN channel...all these constructive methods of improving the Image of AB was adopted by AB & Jaya. According to me Kaka never failed professionally in films But failed to choose a good life partner.
Jaya Bhaduri was the promoter of Amitabh Bachchan. Without her, AB career remains as "Best Supporting actor"
Dadamoni

Delhi, India

#23 Dec 1, 2012
Dev wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why Kaka married Dimple is known only to Raj kapoor's family. If there was one person that Kaka really idolised it was Raj Kapoor. He even flew with Raj Kapoor's dead body from Delhi to Bombay. Even in Atul Maini's interview Kakaji teared up to say,'Raaj Sahib jo mere liye the woh main hi jaanta hoon!'

Raj Kapoor's stakes were very high with Bobby- make or break situation as he was bankrupt after Mera Naam Joker. Rajesh Khanna married Dimple to attract attention to Bobby and make it a blockbuster. Clips from his wedding were shown exclusively in the interval of Bobby. Of course, Kakaji's parents had been also pressurising him to get married- he has said in an interview- and Anju was flirting with Gary Sobers.

This is how far kakaji was ready to go for his friends. That one false move- not getting married right- cost him his lifelong happiness. If there was one person Raj Kapoor's wife and sons have always looked upon like royalty - it was Rajesh Khanna sahib.
chitragupta

Singapore, Singapore

#24 Dec 2, 2012
the whole country looked upon him as royal sir.
MEE12

UK

#25 Dec 3, 2012
radzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Jaya Bhaduri was the promoter of Amitabh Bachchan. Without her, AB career remains as "Best Supporting actor"
To certain extent, but didn't do well promoting herself.
Dev

Chennai, India

#26 Dec 3, 2012
Dadamoni wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why Kaka married Dimple is known only to Raj kapoor's family. If there was one person that Kaka really idolised it was Raj Kapoor. He even flew with Raj Kapoor's dead body from Delhi to Bombay. Even in Atul Maini's interview Kakaji teared up to say,'Raaj Sahib jo mere liye the woh main hi jaanta hoon!'
Raj Kapoor's stakes were very high with Bobby- make or break situation as he was bankrupt after Mera Naam Joker. Rajesh Khanna married Dimple to attract attention to Bobby and make it a blockbuster. Clips from his wedding were shown exclusively in the interval of Bobby. Of course, Kakaji's parents had been also pressurising him to get married- he has said in an interview- and Anju was flirting with Gary Sobers.
This is how far kakaji was ready to go for his friends. That one false move- not getting married right- cost him his lifelong happiness. If there was one person Raj Kapoor's wife and sons have always looked upon like royalty - it was Rajesh Khanna sahib.
What was the problem for dimple to reconcile herself after the marriage of her 2 daughters with RK. Past is past atleast her present & future were safe. Since, kaka was of comprimising nature he even greated her at the last movement too. what was the problem with dimple.
Dev

Chennai, India

#27 Dec 3, 2012
MEE12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaka ji wanted a se*y wife and that's what he got....a wife with a body and no brain!
Who does't want se*y wife,Do you mean AB does't want what he has done with rekha & parveen babi...Brother, the circumstances /situation of kaka was such, he happened to marry dimple.RK loves dimple too...that's the reason he had his hand with her at the last breath. If Kakaji was of only that thought only according to you,he would have opted for Mumtaz itself.
kumar14

UK

#28 Dec 3, 2012
Well said Devsaab,but Anju mahendroo had once told Kaka that he made a mistake by marrying dimple and instead he should have opted Mumtaz.-had read in a magazine long back.

Imo,Mumtaz was the right pair for RK,both on screen and off screen.but destiny had something else for our Kaka!!
MEE12

London, UK

#29 Dec 3, 2012
Dev wrote:
<quoted text>
Who does't want se*y wife,Do you mean AB does't want what he has done with rekha & parveen babi...Brother, the circumstances /situation of kaka was such, he happened to marry dimple.RK loves dimple too...that's the reason he had his hand with her at the last breath. If Kakaji was of only that thought only according to you,he would have opted for Mumtaz itself.
All the actor's are doing it....Dharm ji still with 1st who obeys him whatever he does....Hema Malini is his Rahkel....side dish.
micky

Gandhinagar, India

#30 Dec 4, 2012
e angrez ko koi sanskruti ya sabhyata sikayo..e samjta he aaise writing se wo dharmendra ka value badha raha he lekin use khabar nahi india me issse value girti he... e angrez ko koi to samjayo..kya sochta aur likhta he..
MEE12

London, UK

#31 Dec 4, 2012
micky wrote:
e angrez ko koi sanskruti ya sabhyata sikayo..e samjta he aaise writing se wo dharmendra ka value badha raha he lekin use khabar nahi india me issse value girti he... e angrez ko koi to samjayo..kya sochta aur likhta he..
Hey ulu,

Court notice kaha hai?
Babumushai

Wolverhampton, UK

#32 Dec 13, 2012
Rajesh underwent chemotherapy sessions in Jan-Feb 2012 and, apart from family, only a few people from the film industry such as Reena Roy, Mumtaz, Rakhee were allowed by Khanna to know that he had cancer and to meet him at his home. The media and the rest of the film industry came to know only 2 days before his death
Nikki

Oakland, CA

#33 Mar 8, 2013
Dimple did not divorce Kaka because she did not want to make it possible for him to be able to marry Tina and settle down again and be happy. That was very cruel of her. She should have set him free. After all she made her life with Sunny Deol. She is a very revengeful person and succeded in ruining Rajesh Khanna.

Tina would be good for him because she is a very gentle and spiritual person. A very grounded and calm person and she really loved Kaka and badly wanted to marry him.

Earlier Mumtaz would be a very good choice for Kaka. She was beautiful, a very mature and homely person. She had all the makings of a good wife. And she was very lucky for Rajesh Khanna. I really feel she brought him that super-stardom. When he started working with her in Do Raaste, lady luck started smiling on him and he got all the other good offers after that and those movies went on to become huge hits and made him so big. And when she stopped working, came his downfall. So Mumtaz it was who was his lucky mascot. She would have brought him good luck and happiness in his personal life also. And they were very friendly with each other and got along very well.

Sad that things went so wrong for Kaka. May his soul R.I.P.
Nikki

Oakland, CA

#34 Mar 8, 2013
@ Ashok Pandey

You're right, Dimple was very bad for Kaka. She was actually very unlucky for him. And now she looks so rude and hard from her face.

You are from Daly City. I am from Saratoga in south bay. Good to know there is a die-hard Rajesh Khanna fan in the bay area.
Nikki

Oakland, CA

#35 Mar 8, 2013
@ Vipin,

My condition of sadness for Kaka's death is the same as yours. I just haven't been able to get over it and I don't think I ever will. The lump of pain is there in my throat. Why did he have to suffer so much? Just see what he got for all the happiness he gave to the country. God bless his soul.
Chris

Melbourne, Australia

#36 Mar 8, 2013
I don't understand the divorce laws in India if Dimple didn't want to divorce kaka why couldn't he file for divorce since she walked out on him!
sharmila

Canterbury, UK

#37 Mar 8, 2013
Chris wrote:
I don't understand the divorce laws in India if Dimple didn't want to divorce kaka why couldn't he file for divorce since she walked out on him!
i think if dimple did not agree then there would have been too much publicity ,the media would have a field day throwing mud at rk.things would have taken a very nasty turn.thats what rk wanted to avoid.and dimple's reason was the property.she did not want anybody to get hold of the property.her face says it all.looks like a witch.and look at jaya .stood by her man,whatever he did.the basic difference is their intelligence .dimple is a dud.and dharms wife stood by her man becoz she did not have any choice.what about sunnys wife .she is still there.
sharmila

Canterbury, UK

#38 Mar 8, 2013
i forgot to mention one ting is raj kapoor as dadamoneeji had earlier pointed out also wanted this marriage to happen.too much was at stake.earlier mera naam joker made him go into serious debts.so if this marriage happens his film will get all the publicity needed.nd raj kapoor is a very shrewd man.kept his wife and atbthe same time had a romping affair with nargis.he even destroyed uttam kumars career in mumbai as once he refused to do rajendra kumars role in sangam
Chris

Melbourne, Australia

#39 Mar 8, 2013
I don't understand why kaka had to that for raj kapoor what was the reasoning behind his marriage to dimple!
Asli Jat

Castro Valley, CA

#40 Mar 8, 2013
Nikki wrote:
@ Ashok Pandey
You're right, Dimple was very bad for Kaka. She was actually very unlucky for him. And now she looks so rude and hard from her face.
You are from Daly City. I am from Saratoga in south bay. Good to know there is a die-hard Rajesh Khanna fan in the bay area.
Hi Nikki / Ashok,

I'm also a die-hard Rajesh Khanna fan in the Bay Area, Castro Valley. So that makes it 3, wish there was a way to find out if there are many more here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashirwaad SOLD!!!! 2 hr RK4ever 298
Known,Unknown Facts about RAJESH KHANNA (Aug '12) 9 hr RK4ever 2,009
Super Star Rajesh Khanna's screening of his m... (Apr '09) 15 hr rblakshmi 2,054
Rajesh Khanna - The Greatest Downfall of the bi... 17 hr RK4ever 163
Book on Rajesh Khanna ji Oct 16 Indo 40
Memories of Rajesh Khanna (Dec '08) Oct 12 gabita 5
Amitabh Bachchan turns 71 today (Oct '13) Oct 11 MEE12 68

Rajesh Khanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE