Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore

Posted in the Rajesh Khanna Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alok

Kolkata, India

#1 Feb 10, 2009
I would rate them as one of the best pair on the Indian screen - they are at par with Dharamendra- Hema,Raj Kapoor - Nargis,Uttam - Suchitra, Amitabh- Rekha. The chemistry between them is excellent and they both looked classy and grand together.
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#2 Feb 10, 2009
alok wrote:
I would rate them as one of the best pair on the Indian screen - they are at par with Dharamendra- Hema,Raj Kapoor - Nargis,Uttam - Suchitra, Amitabh- Rekha. The chemistry between them is excellent and they both looked classy and grand together.
Do not include Amit-Rekha in this list; they were not upto the above standard of other pairs mentioned here so far as dignity is concerned. If Amit-Rekha, then why not Shatru-Reena Roy. Moreover, in stead of Amit-Rekha, there should be inclusion of Dilip Kumar-Meena Kumari, Guru Dutt-Wahida Rahman. Thanks,
alok

Kolkata, India

#3 Feb 10, 2009
I forgot about:-
Dilip Kumar - Meena Kumari
Guru Dutt - Wahida
Dev Anand - Suraiyya
Rajesh Khanna- Mumtaaz
Shatru - Reena Roy
Vinod Mehra - Moushumi
Mithun - Ranjita
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#4 Feb 10, 2009
alok wrote:
I forgot about:-
Dilip Kumar - Meena Kumari
Guru Dutt - Wahida
Dev Anand - Suraiyya
Rajesh Khanna- Mumtaaz
Shatru - Reena Roy
Vinod Mehra - Moushumi
Mithun - Ranjita
Yes.
alok

Koraput, India

#5 Feb 11, 2009
any more
Heyman

Pune, India

#6 Feb 11, 2009
Rajesh - Hema
Rajesh - Shabana
these pairs also looked good on screen....
alok

Kolkata, India

#7 Feb 11, 2009
yes - i agree, Rajesh Hema looked better
radzi

Sungai Buloh, Malaysia

#8 Feb 11, 2009
alok wrote:
yes - i agree, Rajesh Hema looked better
Rajesh - Hema

...formula for mainly flops.

...remember those elbowing?
...Painful to watch.
alok

Kolkata, India

#9 Feb 11, 2009
Rajesh did maximum number of movies with Hema. I dont remember the elbowing???
Shekhar

Kolkata, India

#11 Feb 16, 2009
SRK - Kajol is the best
alok

Basirhat, India

#19 Apr 6, 2009
Rajesh Hema have done 15 movies together
alok

Basirhat, India

#20 Apr 6, 2009
Rajesh and Heam have done 15 movies together.
Heyman

Mumbai, India

#24 Sep 13, 2009
Sharmila Tagore talks about Kaka in her recent interview...

"You did your maximum number of Hindi films with Shashi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar. What are your memories about working with each?
Sanjeev was a lovely human being, he always came late but would complete his work meticulously. We did great films and some bad films too. He had struggled to make his way up. Rajesh Khanna was a phenomenon. I have never seen anyone, not even Amitabh Bachchan later, enjoy such popularity with girls going mad. Till then, such a craze for an actor was only seen in the South. Dharam was a son of the soil, generous and open-hearted. In those days, it was a status symbol for heroes to come late and Shashi broke the mould he was punctual like Bachchan and would always be concerned about even the light-men and the junior artistes. He was a good friend and taught me a lot of things."
http://www dot deccanherald dot com/content/24782/been-done-th at dot html
Heyman

Mumbai, India

#25 Sep 13, 2009
Sharmila says...

"Sanjeev was a lovely human being, he always came late but would complete his work meticulously"

Coming late to sets....thought it was Kaka's Patent???? ;-)
indo

London, UK

#26 Sep 13, 2009
Heyman wrote:
"You did your maximum number of Hindi films with Shashi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar. What are your memories about working with each?
Sanjeev was a lovely human being, he always came late but would complete his work meticulously. We did great films and some bad films too. He had struggled to make his way up. Rajesh Khanna was a phenomenon. I have never seen anyone, not even Amitabh Bachchan later, enjoy such popularity with girls going mad. Till then, such a craze for an actor was only seen in the South. Dharam was a son of the soil, generous and open-hearted. In those days, it was a status symbol for heroes to come late and Shashi broke the mould he was punctual like Bachchan and would always be concerned about even the light-men and the junior artistes. He was a good friend and taught me a lot of things."
"taught me a lot of things."

i remember reading an article but can't remember which film where both Sharmila Tagore and Mumtaz were in the same hotel staying over night with Rajesh Khanna and were competing with each other who would take him to their bedroom over night.
alok

Bangalore, India

#27 Sep 13, 2009
indo wrote:
<quoted text>
"taught me a lot of things."
i remember reading an article but can't remember which film where both Sharmila Tagore and Mumtaz were in the same hotel staying over night with Rajesh Khanna and were competing with each other who would take him to their bedroom over night.
Not correct indo - they were senior to him and the gentleman is a professional
indo

London, UK

#28 Sep 13, 2009
alok wrote:
<quoted text> Not correct indo - they were senior to him and the gentleman is a professional
Alok
I am telling you this
It was in the magazine stardust
when it comes to bedding someone a few years here and there does not matter
I dont know the film but its one where both star in it
indo

London, UK

#29 Sep 13, 2009
Actually looking back it was a statement made by RK
radzi

Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

#30 Sep 13, 2009
Heyman wrote:
OK....It is normal for a star to be late for a set...then Dharam also had star value.
indo

London, UK

#31 Sep 14, 2009
radzi wrote:
<quoted text>
OK....It is normal for a star to be late for a set...then Dharam also had star value.
Radzi Ji
excellent comment
its so good to see your comments are always UNBIASED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Super Star Rajesh Khanna's screening of his m... (Apr '09) 17 min Dadamoni 2,198
Rajesh Khanna's style 26 min Dadamoni 46
rajat sharma and rajesh khanna (Jul '13) 1 hr Indo 151
News Rajesh Khanna dares to bare (Dec '08) 5 hr Roshini 28
rajesh khanna (Nov '08) 7 hr Indo 11
Do Raaste (1969) (Feb '09) 7 hr Indo 105
Countdown to London's Tribute to RK 9 hr Roshini 17
More from around the web