First Prev
of 3
Next Last
alokc

Kolkata, India

#2 Jan 9, 2009
Manmohan's better movie - lot of emotion, action, drama, comedy and great music. A symbol of type of movies made in 1970s
Mustafa

Mumbai, India

#3 Jan 9, 2009
A movie which never fails to bore me.I find the scene in the starting where Rajesh Khanna fights and murders for a Roti very exciting.It also marks the beginning of Manmohan Desaiís masala entertainers.
alokc

Kolkata, India

#4 Jan 9, 2009
and the hanging scene???
Mustafa

Mumbai, India

#5 Jan 9, 2009
alokc wrote:
and the hanging scene???
Yes I really enjoy the thrills in the movie and smart dialogues.
alokc

Kolkata, India

#6 Jan 9, 2009
mangal's dialouges are too much
Suhan

Damascus, MD

#7 Jan 9, 2009
MUSTAFA--You mean it never fails to NOT bore you I hope :-) Love Roti too. Here's Memsaab's review of it.

http://memsaabstory.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/...
Mustafa

Mumbai, India

#8 Jan 9, 2009
My comments on Memsaab

The rotis in the movie do not look sukhi or poor at all.They reminds me of the butter naan available at Delhi Darbar at Bhindi Bazar in Mumbai.Love the thrills and smart dialogues.Rajesh Khanna was awesome throughout.My favourite movie.
Mustafa

Mumbai, India

#9 Jan 9, 2009
Sadly Rajesh Khanna's last hit as a superstar.
alokc

Kolkata, India

#10 Jan 10, 2009
no i think prem kahani was???
Atul Maini

Jakarta, Indonesia

#11 Jan 10, 2009
alokc wrote:
no i think prem kahani was???
Roti is considered as a last hit of Kaka in his first phase (Oct'74).
alokc

Kolkata, India

#12 Jan 10, 2009
the phase of superstar
Atul Maini

Jakarta, Indonesia

#13 Jan 10, 2009
alokc wrote:
the phase of superstar
Yes, we can say that though as Atul-Pune said many a times popularity had started diminishing much earlier.
radzi

Kajang, Malaysia

#14 Jan 12, 2009
I like best about Roti....is the many out-door shootings in Kashmir like regions/ green country-side.

....If I were to write the story...I'd do it slightly different with possibly the same end....death to Manghal.
atul

India

#15 Jan 12, 2009
but at the time of roti kaka had created too many probles for director Manmohan Desai. Probably his Superstar's Nakhara create many obstacles to director Manmohan Desai.In film archieves I've seen Muhurat shot's photograph was clapped by the hands of semisuperstar Dharmendra.Also I read the add of Roti,there they have written In Roti you'll wathch Original Superstar but in Roti Kapda aur Makaan you've may multistars.
radzi

Kajang, Malaysia

#16 Jan 12, 2009
atul wrote:
but at the time of roti kaka had created too many probles for director Manmohan Desai. Probably his Superstar's Nakhara create many obstacles to director Manmohan Desai.In film archieves I've seen Muhurat shot's photograph was clapped by the hands of semisuperstar Dharmendra.Also I read the add of Roti,there they have written In Roti you'll wathch Original Superstar but in Roti Kapda aur Makaan you've may multistars.
...A Superstar do not need Multi-Star!
Suhan

Damascus, MD

#17 Jan 12, 2009
Roti was Kaka's home production. Highly unlikely he'd create problems for his own production!
Atul Maini

Jakarta, Indonesia

#18 Jan 12, 2009
Suhan wrote:
Roti was Kaka's home production. Highly unlikely he'd create problems for his own production!
If I remember correctly, producer was Rajni Desai; perhaps from the family of Manmohan Desai.
Whether Kaka invested money in the name of her?
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#19 Jan 12, 2009
Atul Maini wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, producer was Rajni Desai; perhaps from the family of Manmohan Desai.
Whether Kaka invested money in the name of her?
Yes, it was made under the banner AASHIRWAD PICTURE PVT. LTD. i.e. Kaka's Home Production, just like Daag (Yashraj films), he never showed his role as Producer.
alokc

Raniganj, India

#20 Jan 13, 2009
it was a joint venture
viplav

Jakarta, Indonesia

#21 Jan 20, 2009
mkd rated roti after aa gale as his 2nd best and most loved film. why did he drop kaka from suhaag and aaa? due to distributors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dialogues & Scenes of Super Star Rajesh Khan... (Aug '12) 40 min VIPIN 140
Known,Unknown Facts about RAJESH KHANNA (Aug '12) 2 hr VIPIN 1,503
Super Star Rajesh Khanna's screening of his m... (Apr '09) 22 hr rblakshmi 2,030
Dharmendra-- the under-appreciated superstar (Nov '06) Sat VIPIN 3,584
Rajesh Khanna's bungalow gets ready for new owners Sep 19 VIPIN 4
why rk's 15 hits in a row is still unbroken?? Sep 19 RK4ever 54
7 Easy Ways to Stimulate and Get your Creative ... Sep 17 Helena Harvey 1
•••
•••

Rajesh Khanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••