The last message of the Original Supe...

The last message of the Original Superstar to his worldwide fans

Posted in the Rajesh Khanna Forum

Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Rajesh Khanna thanks fans in a recorded message
Agencies
New Delhi, July 25, 2012
First Published: 09:48 IST(25/7/2012)
Last Updated: 10:05 IST(25/7/2012)
Share Share on facebookShare on linkedinShare on googleShare on emailmore...
0 Comments
Email print

India's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who passed away on July 18, 2012, left behind a special recorded message for his family, friends and fans, which was played at his chautha held over the weekend.

In the message is heard as saying that he owes his success as an actor
to the stage.
He talks about how he began his career as a theatre artist when there was no godfather whom he could turn to.
He came into the movies through the United Producers Filmfare Talent contest where he was seated on a long table in presence of celeberated filmmakers like Bimal Roy, Shakti Samanta and many others.
He had to deliver the dialogue which he had been asked to memorise.
Nervously, he asked, "Maine kaha ki dialogue toh yaad hai lekin yeh jo dialogue hai, yeh aapne nahi bataya ki iska characterisation kya hai ki yeh hero jo hai woh aapni maa ko batata hai ki main ek nachnewali se shaadi karna chahta hu aur usko teri ghar ki bahu banana chahta hu. Meine kaha, aapne na character bataya maa ka, na hero ka ki bhai amir hai, garib hai, maa sakt, kadak hai, naram hai, middle class hai, aadmi pada likha anpad hai?"
Mr Chopra said, "You are from the stage so make your own characterisation how will you convince the mother."
The dialogue that took him towards stardom was, "Haan mein kalakar hu, haan main kalakar hun, kya karoge meri kahani sunkar..." (Yes I am an artist , yes I am artist, why would you want to hear my story...), the dialogue which began his story in cinema.
Rajesh Khanna appeared in 163 feature films and gave various hits like Kati Patang, Safar, Ittefaq, Aradhana, Anand, Amar Prem, Aan Milo Sajna and many more.
He thanks his fans saying that, "Doston aap ka ek hissedar mein bhi hu aur jaise maine pehli bhi kaha ki aap apna kimti waqt nikalkar, aap ka yeh pyaar tha ki aap majood hue aur itni bhaari sankhya mein..maine yehi kahunga ki bahut-bahut shukriya, thank you aur mera bahut-bahut salaam." (Friends, I'm a part of you, and as I said, you have all taken time out for me. This is the love, your presence in numbers that I'm greatful for, thank you, thank you my salaam to you all.)
radzi

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#2 Jul 26, 2012
That was an old recording? His voice was not frail as yet as observed in the fan commercial?

Last message was "Don't take my away from me...."??
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#3 Jul 26, 2012
radzi wrote:
That was an old recording? His voice was not frail as yet as observed in the fan commercial?
And Fans of The Original Superstar are forever.
radzi

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#4 Jul 26, 2012
Abhijit wrote:
<quoted text>
And Fans of The Original Superstar are forever.
You missed his point Abhijit.

"Don't take my fans away...."

.....but someone just did?....and many were following through....
Mausmi

Mumbai, India

#6 Feb 24, 2013
radzi wrote:
Sir, you are right. RK hadn't recorded any farewell message. The message which was told as his last message for fans and friends, was actually his old message of 32 or 35 min which he delived in one function. he was a cheif guest in that function.
This truth was reveal by ABP news. Got video in youtube uploaded by ABP news. The video caption is - " Rajesh Khanna's message was delivered in 2005, not a recent farewell one "
sharmila

UK

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Abhijit wrote:
Rajesh Khanna thanks fans in a recorded message
Agencies
New Delhi, July 25, 2012
First Published: 09:48 IST(25/7/2012)
Last Updated: 10:05 IST(25/7/2012)
Share Share on facebookShare on linkedinShare on googleShare on emailmore...
0 Comments
Email print
India's first superstar Rajesh Khanna, who passed away on July 18, 2012, left behind a special recorded message for his family, friends and fans, which was played at his chautha held over the weekend.
In the message is heard as saying that he owes his success as an actor
to the stage.
He talks about how he began his career as a theatre artist when there was no godfather whom he could turn to.
He came into the movies through the United Producers Filmfare Talent contest where he was seated on a long table in presence of celeberated filmmakers like Bimal Roy, Shakti Samanta and many others.
He had to deliver the dialogue which he had been asked to memorise.
Nervously, he asked, "Maine kaha ki dialogue toh yaad hai lekin yeh jo dialogue hai, yeh aapne nahi bataya ki iska characterisation kya hai ki yeh hero jo hai woh aapni maa ko batata hai ki main ek nachnewali se shaadi karna chahta hu aur usko teri ghar ki bahu banana chahta hu. Meine kaha, aapne na character bataya maa ka, na hero ka ki bhai amir hai, garib hai, maa sakt, kadak hai, naram hai, middle class hai, aadmi pada likha anpad hai?"
Mr Chopra said, "You are from the stage so make your own characterisation how will you convince the mother."
The dialogue that took him towards stardom was, "Haan mein kalakar hu, haan main kalakar hun, kya karoge meri kahani sunkar..." (Yes I am an artist , yes I am artist, why would you want to hear my story...), the dialogue which began his story in cinema.
Rajesh Khanna appeared in 163 feature films and gave various hits like Kati Patang, Safar, Ittefaq, Aradhana, Anand, Amar Prem, Aan Milo Sajna and many more.
He thanks his fans saying that, "Doston aap ka ek hissedar mein bhi hu aur jaise maine pehli bhi kaha ki aap apna kimti waqt nikalkar, aap ka yeh pyaar tha ki aap majood hue aur itni bhaari sankhya mein..maine yehi kahunga ki bahut-bahut shukriya, thank you aur mera bahut-bahut salaam." (Friends, I'm a part of you, and as I said, you have all taken time out for me. This is the love, your presence in numbers that I'm greatful for, thank you, thank you my salaam to you all.)
This shows the unique talent of an actor.he just does not want to rattle his lines like a parrot but want to give the right emotion that is necessary.in this situation any other actor would just say the lines parrot like.,but standing infront of those stalwarts and putting a question at them shows how much deep in has gone into acting.it can be a delight for real directors and writers,but for saim-zaved it can be a threat.so ab was right for them.ab himself had admitted that he does whatever he is told to do.he never bothers to add or question.but if read satyajit rays deep focus he says that actors who add some little things to a character is a delight to work with.he was referring to uttam kumar in nayak.this exactly what rk did that is why his characters remain so lifelike and endearing to us even after so many years
nikki

Oakland, CA

#8 Feb 26, 2013
@ Sharmila,

You're right! He was very true to his craft - but this very sincerity to his work hurt him. He was consumed by the corporate culture of bollywood - VERY, VERY SAD!
VIPIN

Noida, India

#9 Feb 26, 2013
nikki wrote:
@ Sharmila,
You're right! He was very true to his craft - but this very sincerity to his work hurt him. He was consumed by the corporate culture of bollywood - VERY, VERY SAD!
Dear Nikki Ji actually RK was not a professional one.He was just engaged in his natural acting perfection.He did not understand the hidden factors of film industry that how to tackle all the things of industry.
nikki

Oakland, CA

#10 Feb 28, 2013
@ Vipin,

You're right. He was simple at heart. That's because he never had a hard life. He grew up in a very comfortable and loving atmosphere with everything at his disposal. This did not prepare him for the real world which is so harsh and calculating. Especially Bollywood is a very tough place to be in.
VIPIN

Noida, India

#11 Feb 28, 2013
nikki wrote:
@ Vipin,
You're right. He was simple at heart. That's because he never had a hard life. He grew up in a very comfortable and loving atmosphere with everything at his disposal. This did not prepare him for the real world which is so harsh and calculating. Especially Bollywood is a very tough place to be in.
Dear Nikki Ji correct analysis of RK's life.Really his childhood was in very comfortable mode.One important think is also there that he had not to did too struggle to establish himself as a star or even as to become a SUPERSTAR because he was born to become an Original superstar.
sharmila

UK

#12 Feb 28, 2013
nikki wrote:
@ Vipin,
i also think he was very laid back.he took success as it came to him but did not run after it like a madman.the way he sits is a proof of his very generous attitude.if you observe he always sat with his feet up even when has got a suit on .he always loved being cosy and could not be crafty to maintain what he achieved.
radzi

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#13 Feb 28, 2013
nikki wrote:
@ Vipin,
He was simple and sincere, BUT greatly misunderstood by this twisted, manipulated and hypocrite "material world" of today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Known,Unknown Facts about RAJESH KHANNA (Aug '12) 2 min MEE12 3,806
News Bachchan's popularity defies all norms (Aug '06) 58 min Indo 1,408
News Crazy Cukkad Family review Father dies donkey c... (Jan '15) 4 hr Fak Yu 41
Film discussion: DON (Jul '15) 5 hr Fak Yu 130
Karan Johar on Rajesh Khanna (Sep '08) 15 hr Atiq 142
common directors of RK and AB. (Mar '14) Sat MEE12 111
Articles and Pictures of Rajesh Khanna (Dec '08) Fri Fak Yu 1,248
More from around the web