Posted in the Rajesh Khanna Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
dadamoni

India

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Cut/paste:

Mumbai: Late superstar Rajesh Khanna`s last film ‘Riyasat’ will first be shown to the actor`s family members, before being screened for the press, says director Ashok Tyagi.

"I am going to show Kakaji`s (Rajesh Khanna`s) last film to his family members first. It`s worth a watch and I am sure they will love the film. I`m planning to show his last film to his family members including Dimple Kapadia, Akshay Kumar, Twinkle Khanna and Rinki Khanna," Tyagi told IANS.

The film is in its post-production stage as of now, and Rajesh Khanna features in a prominent role in it.

"I will send Kakaji`s family members an official invitation for an exclusive trial show of his last film. I also want the press to watch the film before it hits the theatres. I am quite confident about this film," said Tyagi, who has decided to release the movie Dec 28, a day before the actor`s 70th birth anniversary.

Rajesh Khanna died in July after prolonged illness and a liver infection, and he had wrapped up most of the shooting for ‘Riyasat’.

Ashok says the promotions of the film will start from December itself.

"I don`t want to hurry up just to meet the deadline. I am going to do my best. Since its Kakaji`s last film, I don`t want to keep any stone unturned and want to make this film a memorable one," he said.

‘Riyasat’ also features Gauri Kulkarni, Aryan Vaid, Aryeman Ramsay and Raza Murad.
Mr A

Cuttack, India

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Eagerly waiting for this movie.
rajeshkhannafan

Singapore, Singapore

#3 Nov 16, 2012
i dont know why but in his last films like jaana and wafaa - whatever might be their merits as films- kaka adopted a loud , comedian style of acting . Thats not kaka. Even in Dhanwaan or Amardeep or Avtaar or Dharam aur kanoon & other action films also like ashanti where he plays rich/powerful men with a difficult character angle, he never - hardly - raises his voice. see for eg the menace he generates in the scene with rakesh roshan in dhanwaan when he asks him to take the money from the safe and leave reenaroy or many scenes in redrose. I hope we get to see more of this kaka in Riyasat where he plays a don.
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#4 Nov 16, 2012
rajeshkhannafan wrote:
i dont know why but in his last films like jaana and wafaa - whatever might be their merits as films- kaka adopted a loud , comedian style of acting . Thats not kaka. Even in Dhanwaan or Amardeep or Avtaar or Dharam aur kanoon & other action films also like ashanti where he plays rich/powerful men with a difficult character angle, he never - hardly - raises his voice. see for eg the menace he generates in the scene with rakesh roshan in dhanwaan when he asks him to take the money from the safe and leave reenaroy or many scenes in redrose. I hope we get to see more of this kaka in Riyasat where he plays a don.
I hope he has done up-to the mark performance of his stature in Riyasat. However, in today's context proper promotion is required for today's generation from the production house end.
rajeshkhannafan

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Nov 17, 2012
promotio etc is being done ...as u can see.
But if he has again come up with a loud and exaggerated performance it wont work.
This is a serious role and not a cameo.Hope director knows what he was doing.
Heyman

Thane, India

#6 Nov 17, 2012
They should do a Rajesh Khanna week from 25th December to 30th December and bundle this movie with say 10 of Kaka's best like Anand, Amar Prem, Avtar etc and release the entire lot in about 3000 screens...

That would be a great tribute to Kaka ji..

“Super Star Rajesh Khanna”

Since: Jul 10

Secunderabad

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Let us hope on Tyagi.

Performance wise on Kaka we should not worry at all. But I am worried about promotion of film which should be taken up by Akshay Kumar very seriously.
dadamoni

India

#8 Nov 17, 2012
rblakshmi wrote:
Let us hope on Tyagi.
Performance wise on Kaka we should not worry at all. But I am worried about promotion of film which should be taken up by Akshay Kumar very seriously.
Very very suitable sentiment. Akshay and Twinkle have a job to do.

I am confident Kakaji has given a superb performance. There are reports that he actually 'prepared' for this role..like he did for Amar Prem!! As on date, though, no one can match up to immortal performances of RK in the seventies...not even RK himself!!
kumar14

UK

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Yes Heyman,good one.that wud really be a great tribute to RK!!good thought,good ldea!!
dadamoni

India

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Heyman wrote:
They should do a Rajesh Khanna week from 25th December to 30th December and bundle this movie with say 10 of Kaka's best like Anand, Amar Prem, Avtar etc and release the entire lot in about 3000 screens...
That would be a great tribute to Kaka ji..
Very very good idea! Yes, 3000 screens. More than a tribute to kakaji, it will be a big favour to the current generation of cinegoers. They will experience real magic - as opposed to the trash that they normally get to watch.

No, really. Watched Ek tha Tiger on its TV release a couple of days back- kya bakwas movie hai- how did it do 300 crore business??? Three Idiots was at least a good movie.
VIPIN

Gurgaon, India

#11 Nov 17, 2012
dadamoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Very very good idea! Yes, 3000 screens. More than a tribute to kakaji, it will be a big favour to the current generation of cinegoers. They will experience real magic - as opposed to the trash that they normally get to watch.
No, really. Watched Ek tha Tiger on its TV release a couple of days back- kya bakwas movie hai- how did it do 300 crore business??? Three Idiots was at least a good movie.
Three Idiots was my last movie in cinema hall, now I am ready to see KAKAJI on 70 mm screen in Riyasat.

And then I will see Aamir's Talash.

Dadamuni ji aap sahi kaha rahe Ek Tha Tiger jaisi movie bachho tak ko pasand nahi aayi.

Aur producers ka 16-16 crore business promotion me barbaad kar dete haian ye aaj kal ke stars.
MEE12

Beckenham, UK

#12 Nov 18, 2012
Cut/paste:

For his role in Riyasat, Rajesh Khanna is said to have sat and watched the DVD of the 2005 Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Sarkar.“Before starting the film, he watched Amitabh Bachchan’s Sarkar, as he is also playing godfather in the film. It’s a very different subject and he had shot almost 95 per cent of the film. The entire nation will hear Kakaji’s voice in the film,” said Tyagi, who had started shooting the film in February 2011 and finished it in October.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/raje...

micky

Gandhinagar, India

#14 Nov 18, 2012
it is gossip mee12 angrez people.
Dadamoni

Delhi, India

#15 Nov 18, 2012
MEE12 wrote:
Cut/paste:
For his role in Riyasat, Rajesh Khanna is said to have sat and watched the DVD of the 2005 Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Sarkar.“Before starting the film, he watched Amitabh Bachchan’s Sarkar, as he is also playing godfather in the film. It’s a very different subject and he had shot almost 95 per cent of the film.
RK watched Uttam Kumar's film(bengali version) 37 times before enacting his role in Amar Prem. And, we all are aware of Amar Prem's stature in Hindi cinema.
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Dadamoni wrote:
<quoted text>
RK watched Uttam Kumar's film(bengali version) 37 times before enacting his role in Amar Prem. And, we all are aware of Amar Prem's stature in Hindi cinema.
You are 100% correct. In fact I have found more strong characterization in Kaka than Uttam Kumar. And Kaka looks more Bengali Rich fellow than Uttam KUmar.
Dadamoni

Delhi, India

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Abhijit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. In fact I have found more strong characterization in Kaka than Uttam Kumar. And Kaka looks more Bengali Rich fellow than Uttam KUmar.
Kya baat hai Abhijit, you are in full form today!! Bhai, kaise ho?? Watched OhMyGod yesterday on TV. Good movie, very good movie- lekin poori picture mein woh mazaa nahin aaya jo kakaji ke ek 'jadooi' gaane mein aa jata hai!! I do not know about others, Rajesh Khanna has spoilt movie-watching for me!!
MEE12

Beckenham, UK

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Dadamoni wrote:
<quoted text>
My point here is that Kaka's acting in Riyasat has been inspired by Amitabh's role in Sarkar.
MEE12

Beckenham, UK

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Abhijit wrote:
<quoted text>
Abhijit,

Whats do you mean Kaka looks more bengali rich fellow?

He looks pure Punjabi to me.

VIPIN

Gurgaon, India

#20 Nov 19, 2012
MEE12 wrote:
<quoted text>Abhijit,
Whats do you mean Kaka looks more bengali rich fellow?
He looks pure Punjabi to me.
What about AB's look?

Would does he really look RICH as he has done the role in Sharabi.

He was looking "LAFARIYA" jaise kisi rahis ki bigri hui aulad ho.

Vaise bhi "amitah bachhan" ke pure naam meain RICH ka "R" alphabet nahi haia.

Thabhi paise ke liye kuch bhi kane ko tiyar haia.
MEE12

Beckenham, UK

#21 Nov 19, 2012
VIPIN wrote:
<quoted text>
What about AB's look?
Would does he really look RICH as he has done the role in Sharabi.
He was looking "LAFARIYA" jaise kisi rahis ki bigri hui aulad ho.
Vaise bhi "amitah bachhan" ke pure naam meain RICH ka "R" alphabet nahi haia.
Thabhi paise ke liye kuch bhi kane ko tiyar haia.
Vipin,

Magar Amitabh Bachchan ke pure naam mein "AM" alphabet se matlab AMir......angrez mein RICH hindi mein Amir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Book on Rajesh Khanna ji 40 min A K Roy 161
Can you name Kaka's character names? 46 min RK4ever 10
Memories of Rajesh Khanna (Dec '08) 1 hr VIPIN 174
Aarav young Rajesh Khanna (Jul '13) 3 hr MEE12 32
Rajesh Khanna,most handsome in.... 16 hr MEE12 476
Keeping Rajesh Khanns’s Memory Alive (Oct '13) 16 hr kumar14 124
Super Star Rajesh Khanna's screening of his m... (Apr '09) 21 hr rblakshmi 2,090

Rajesh Khanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE