Chakravyuha found!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anaad22

Singapore, Singapore

#1 May 7, 2007
In 1978 kaka made a hindi version of 39 steps with the redoubtable basu chatterji directing. the film bombed and was impossible to get in vcd format. i recently ordered a copy from www. webmallindia.com and it was delivered promptly.
the movie is a lazy and relaxing caper and kaka looks really smart and delivers a really cool and unhurried performance. if only some one like man ji directed this movie and added a lot of masala and hero giri to the good basic raw material it would hve become another roti.
one good song- shaadi karne se- a duet with chubby neetu singh where they are walking casually on the juhu beach! simple has a small role as well.
another example of how kaka did not concentrate on tight screenplays and overall impact of the film hence causing what could have been a bug hit to be merely a nice piece of trivia in his career.
Manjula

Varanasi, India

#2 May 8, 2007
anaad22 wrote:
In 1978 kaka made a hindi version of 39 steps with the redoubtable basu chatterji directing. the film bombed and was impossible to get in vcd format. i recently ordered a copy from www. webmallindia.com and it was delivered promptly.
the movie is a lazy and relaxing caper and kaka looks really smart and delivers a really cool and unhurried performance. if only some one like man ji directed this movie and added a lot of masala and hero giri to the good basic raw material it would hve become another roti.
one good song- shaadi karne se- a duet with chubby neetu singh where they are walking casually on the juhu beach! simple has a small role as well.
another example of how kaka did not concentrate on tight screenplays and overall impact of the film hence causing what could have been a bug hit to be merely a nice piece of trivia in his career.
Kaka never tried to make his films only hit by hook or crook unlike Amit. Some times he agreed to perform in films just to maintain relationships with good friends. ChakravuChalta Purza, Bandalbaz, Mahachor, Chaila Babu, etc. are the example of the above fact. Sometimes he accepted the films owing to maintain variety and boldness of the character. Red Rose, Aaj Ka MLA, Safar, Palko Ki Chaon Mein, Janta Hawaldar etc. are the example of the above fact.
anaad22

Singapore, Singapore

#3 May 8, 2007
oh i see ! thanks for the lecture..
anaad22

Singapore, Singapore

#4 May 8, 2007
manjulaji
pl dont include safar in the above list of bombs.that movie is pristine.
Manjula

Varanasi, India

#5 May 9, 2007
anaad22 wrote:
manjulaji
pl dont include safar in the above list of bombs.that movie is pristine.
I have not included Safar in term of standard of films. If you go through history, you will be aware that no body had the courage to accept the character of a dying cancer patient, which Kaka was boldly accepted as a challenge just like his other films mentioned in the category in question. I never categorised films in term of Hit or Flop. Films happen to be GOOD OR BAD and nothing else. And in this context Kaka is greatest of all as his 90% films were VERY GOOD OR EXCELLENT, whereas in case of other stars of his time, hardly 5% films were good of very good and 90% were masala chalu type.
sanjay

New Delhi, India

#6 May 10, 2007
anaad,
U seem to be hell bent on tickling manjula.:-)

manjulaji,
relax. anaad is just pulling Ur leg.

“Zindagi ek safar hai suhana...”

Since: Nov 07

Mumbai

#7 Nov 29, 2007
sanjay wrote:
anaad,
U seem to be hell bent on tickling manjula.:-)
manjulaji,
relax. anaad is just pulling Ur leg.
are yaar why do u puling her legs, she is absolutely right. I agree with her.
Manjula

Varanasi, India

#8 Nov 29, 2007
vilas g 19 wrote:
<quoted text>
are yaar why do u puling her legs, she is absolutely right. I agree with her.
Thanks Vilas g 19 for your support.
srk the king of kings

New Delhi, India

#9 Nov 30, 2007
Yeh vilas (paagal) aur manju baby dono khamoshi film mein waheedaji ke wards thhe !! ofcourse ganguly also.

“Zindagi ek safar hai suhana...”

Since: Nov 07

Mumbai

#10 Dec 1, 2007
srk the king of kings wrote:
Yeh vilas (paagal) aur manju baby dono khamoshi film mein waheedaji ke wards thhe !! ofcourse ganguly also.
do u know the meanig os...SRK ????
S-Superstar
R-rajesh
K-Khanna
camparison is also very difficult, no one can come colser to him..!!!!
Major Navin

Trombay, India

#11 Dec 1, 2007
srk the king of kings wrote:
Yeh vilas (paagal) aur manju baby dono khamoshi film mein waheedaji ke wards thhe !! ofcourse ganguly also.
Whatsoever the SRK may be, but you are the greatest foolish among the foolishes of the world.
Suhan

Springfield, VA

#13 Sep 28, 2008
Couldn't get Chakravyuha from webmallindia. But found a DVD version of it in Linux Bazar, they ship worldwide. They also show they had Dhanwan but it's out of stock now :-(

Link: http://www.linuxbazar.com/
alok

Valsad, India

#15 Jan 4, 2009
Dhanwan
Tyaag
Khudai
Awara Baap

are not available
Suhan

Damascus, MD

#16 Jan 23, 2009
Hi all. Someone's just loaded Chakravyuh on youtube. It used to be so hard to get, do go watch if you haven't. Really quite a different type of film. Kaka looked great, the chemistry with Neetu was cute, the plot was interesting. If only they hadn't indulged in the high jinks in the last 10 minutes it would've been altogether fine. Here's the link to the first part--no subtitles unfortunately. Have fun :-)

alok

Kolkata, India

#17 Jan 23, 2009
thanks
alok

Delhi, India

#18 Oct 11, 2009
Where has vilas g gone?
radzi

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#19 Oct 11, 2009
alok wrote:
Where has vilas g gone?
Vilas is a great upper echelon fan of Rajesh Khanna. He proud himself with various collector item stuffs on Rajesh Khanna. Sadly he is no longer with us on the forum.
Rajesh-Khanna

Kolkata, India

#20 Oct 11, 2009
One of the most dull movie ever came . Rajesh hanna ke daurne ke scene dekheke logo ne bataya ek kutte ko film le leta to use acche daurta.
an unintentional comedy.
Abhijit

Varanasi, India

#21 Oct 11, 2009
Rajesh-Khanna wrote:
One of the most dull movie ever came . Rajesh hanna ke daurne ke scene dekheke logo ne bataya ek kutte ko film le leta to use acche daurta.
an unintentional comedy.
Shut up Raj Suar Ka Bachha; it was a great comedy film.
Raj-Uk

Siliguri, India

#22 Oct 11, 2009
I am sorry Abhijit da. Aar korbo na.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dharmendra-- the under-appreciated superstar (Nov '06) Sep 6 Dharam Fan 3,859
rajesh khanna vs sanjeev kumar (Oct '09) Sep 2 pratikshah 218
What happened to this group? No update since Ma... Jul '17 RKFan 1
Rajesh Khanna filmogrphy - Box office result (Oct '10) Feb '17 Agent 309 Gopal 28
Please list your 5 most favorite Kaka songs (Feb '08) Feb '17 Roshini 660
Rajesh Khanna and his expressions (Dec '14) Feb '17 Roshini 793
Rajesh Khanna the beggar (Nov '16) Jan '17 Roshini 3
More from around the web