Zeenat wishes she had kept in touch with Vijay Arora

Full story: India eNews 516
From correspondents in Maharashtra, India, 09:33 AM IST Zeenat Aman remembers her 'Yaadon Ki Baaraat' co-star Vijay Arora, who passed away recently, as quiet and focused. Full Story
Suhan

Temple Hills, MD

#516 Oct 6, 2008
It's my considered opinion that MEE and Indo want to hijack this forum with their BS. There's been many times when Abhijit hasn't responded to their stuff and they've then gone back and forth between themselves wondering why. And provoking him some more with predictable results. Mind you, these guys are all apparently in the 40s and 50s, if not more. It's disgusting and unbelievably cheap. Cheap stuff about money, ethnicity, etc. apart from the constant abuse.

At least Abhijit is not a hypocrite, these two definitely are. And as I said, their intentions are simple, hijack this entire forum and not let anyone discuss anything of interest about Rajesh Khanna.

What are we going to do about it? Can these kind of senseless posts be deleted? Does someone have editorial control? Can't something be done?
MEE12

Carshalton, UK

#517 Oct 6, 2008
Suhan wrote:
It's my considered opinion that MEE and Indo want to hijack this forum with their BS. There's been many times when Abhijit hasn't responded to their stuff and they've then gone back and forth between themselves wondering why. And provoking him some more with predictable results. Mind you, these guys are all apparently in the 40s and 50s, if not more. It's disgusting and unbelievably cheap. Cheap stuff about money, ethnicity, etc. apart from the constant abuse.
At least Abhijit is not a hypocrite, these two definitely are. And as I said, their intentions are simple, hijack this entire forum and not let anyone discuss anything of interest about Rajesh Khanna.
What are we going to do about it? Can these kind of senseless posts be deleted? Does someone have editorial control? Can't something be done?
If you carefully read what I say you will see that Abhijit is the one who always starts by swearing at indo and myself 1st. When will he ever stop???

I hope he does, so that we can stop replying to him!!! But sometimes his swearing is a bit too much, so we have no choice to reply back in his manner!!!
Suhan

Temple Hills, MD

#518 Oct 6, 2008
Ok, I'll take you at your word then that you'll not start anything if Abhijit doesn't.

Abhijit--a special plea. As a "pujo" resolution and gift to the rest of us, could you please not respond or initiate this kind of conversation with MEE and Indo? By the way, happy pujo!
rohit

Ambala, India

#519 Apr 3, 2009
dharmendra give more than 55 jubilee hits to bollywood ,more than other stars.
dharmendra is the best.
alok

India

#520 Apr 3, 2009
I agree but you cannot deny contribution of rajesh khanna. 25 jubilee hits in a row and over 40 jubilees. He has acted in 130 movies only as against 280 of dharamji.
Ald

Medan, Indonesia

#521 Feb 26, 2010
SHARMILA wrote:
I really I wonder why Vijay Arora and Zeenat Aman never acted again..? because they did make a cute pair , I guess lady luck smiled on Zeenat Aman and not on Vijay Arora . Zeenat went on to act with big male stars, while Vijay Arora’s career kept dwindling to on existent status.
Though he he was HANDSOME and FTI graduate ,JAYA BHACHAN , DANNY etc were graduates too.
I think Vijay Arora and Zeenat Aman are the best pair in romantic film.
Ald

Medan, Indonesia

#522 Feb 26, 2010
MEE12 wrote:
It's sad to hear about Vijay Arora. He didnt get the chance to hit the big time as Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh dominated the 70's. It was always adifficult for a newcome to make his mark during that time!!!
Yes..and now I remember Rahul Roy..never hear his news anymore..
Ald

Medan, Indonesia

#523 Feb 26, 2010
I have created a group in f a c e b o o k . c o m ..for Vijaya Arora.
mazhar

Gurgaon, India

#524 Feb 27, 2010
Please do one for Rajesh Khanna
radzi

Ampang, Malaysia

#525 Feb 27, 2010
mazhar wrote:
Please do one for Rajesh Khanna
Alokc,

Rajesh Khanna is still around. He decided not to have a FB maybe.
mazhar

Yamunanagar, India

#526 Feb 27, 2010
Rajesh Khanna fan group is also there on FB, 3 adminitrators are there.
Ald

Medan, Indonesia

#527 Feb 28, 2010
Yes, there are some fan group Rajesh Khanna in FB. I am member in the biggest member group. I see Alok there, right? And I am member of Sanjeev Kumar too.:)
MEE12

Woodford Green, UK

#528 Feb 28, 2010
Ald wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes..and now I remember Rahul Roy..never hear his news anymore..
Rahul Roy was not a good actor!!
Ronny

India

#529 Jul 19, 2010
Amitabh was the most manipulative actor and he remained on top because oh his manipulation.He walked out of several projects where he thought his role was not shaping well.'Khabardar' starring Kamalhasan was one such movie..where Kamalhasans role was shaping very well.After Kala Patthar,Dostana and Naseeb we know that Amitabh felt that Shatrughan Sinha stole the show so he didnt give dates purposefully for 'Aparajit' with Shatrughan Sinha.Aparajit was renamed and released recently as Yaar Meri Zindagi and we can see that Shatrughans role was shaping very well.There are several movies that he left incomplete or walked out because he was not comfortable his role was not shaping well.Some of the movies worth mentioning are 1)KHUDA GAWAH (1978)
Director: Surendra Mohan
Producer: Subhash Desai

Amitabh Bachchan, Parveen Babi, Kadar Khan, Uttam Kumar, Pran
2)TIGER (1980)
Director: Rakesh Kumar
Producers: Tito-Tony
Music: Rajesh Roshan
Script: Dr Rahi Masoom Raza
Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar, Rekha, Waheeda Rehman

Apparently it was a very violent film and Amitabh was supposedly playing an out and out black character in it.It seems Amitabh developed cold feet for the role and the film never took off.

3)KHABARDAAR (1984)
Director: T Rama Rao
Producer: A Poornachandra Rao
Amitabh, Sridevi, Jaya Prada, Kamal Haasan

Anand meets Whose Life Is It Anyway. This euthanasia-themed film had Bachchan as the doctor and Kamal as the terminally ill patient. Instead, the producers pulled the plug on the project after canning 16 reels, fearing controversy. The unofficial version : Bachchan felt the southern star would walk away with all the sympathy.

4)AASMAAN
Although IMMAAN DHARAM proved to be a disaster, the producer went ahead and announced AASMAAN with Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha, with Mohan Kumar [AVTAAR] in the director's seat. Salim-Javed, who had penned the script of IMMAAN DHARAM, were scripting AASMAAN as well. However, the film was shelved subsequently.

5)NAYA BHARAT
Manoj Kumar had announced the biggest film ever in 1976. Titled NAYA BHARAT, the film starred Manoj Kumar himself, Hema Malini, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor, Shatrughan Sinha, Zeenat Aman and Rishi Kapoor. The film was shelved subsequently.

6)AAR PAAR
Mushir Riaz had launched AAR PAAR in 1979 with Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Zeenat Aman, Neetu Singh and Sulakshana Pandit. The film was scrapped after a couple of reels. RD Burman scored the music and 2 songs were recorded.

7)After the late 80's phase when Aby had signed many films after Vinod Khanna's comeback another phase came in AB's life when many directors approached him for many films that was in between Khuda Gawah(1992) to Mrityudaata(1997).In that period one film director who wanted desperately to work with Aby was Rajiv Rai.Rajiv wanted Aby to come out of self imposed exile and was keen to make his version of Godfather with him.He was keen on casting Aby and Aby neither accepted nor rejected the offer.During those days 1993 Aby sported a white beard for a while and infact there was a rumour that he was growing a beard for Rai's film.But Rajiv was finally fed up of waiting for more than a year and scrapped the offer wnad made Mohra.Till date Rajiv rai and Aby have not worked although rajiv's father late Gulshan Rai produced 2 of Aby biggest hits-70's Deewar and Trishul.
Hence he walked out of lots of projects..leaving the producer in shambles.
In fact Prakash Mehra made 'Jwalamukhi' with Shatru in 1980 at the peak of AB's poularity.Gulzar has also never worked in any movie with Amitabh till today.
RAJESH KHANNA WAS THE GREATEST EVER.
radzi

Ipoh, Malaysia

#530 Jul 19, 2010
Ronny wrote:
Gulzar has also never worked in any movie with Amitabh till today.
Is this true?
mazhar

Bangalore, India

#531 Jul 19, 2010
yes, Ronni welcome.
radzi

Klang, Malaysia

#532 Jul 19, 2010
mazhar wrote:
yes, Ronni welcome.
Mazhar,

.....is Ronny, you?
mazhar

Bangalore, India

#533 Jul 19, 2010
no please. I dont have much idea of Amitabh.I am a Rajesh Khanna fan.
Ronny

India

#534 Jul 19, 2010
Yes Gulzar has never directed Amitabh in a film to date..the closest he has come to Amitabh is that he has written the screenplay for Anand,Namak Haram,Chupke Chupke and Faraar...but never has he ever directed amitabh in a film.
mazhar

Bangalore, India

#535 Jul 19, 2010
Ronny wrote:
Amitabh was the most manipulative actor and he remained on top because oh his manipulation.He walked out of several projects where he thought his role was not shaping well.'Khabardar' starring Kamalhasan was one such movie..where Kamalhasans role was shaping very well.After Kala Patthar,Dostana and Naseeb we know that Amitabh felt that Shatrughan Sinha stole the show so he didnt give dates purposefully for 'Aparajit' with Shatrughan Sinha.Aparajit was renamed and released recently as Yaar Meri Zindagi and we can see that Shatrughans role was shaping very well.There are several movies that he left incomplete or walked out because he was not comfortable his role was not shaping well.Some of the movies worth mentioning are 1)KHUDA GAWAH (1978)
Director: Surendra Mohan
Producer: Subhash Desai
Amitabh Bachchan, Parveen Babi, Kadar Khan, Uttam Kumar, Pran
2)TIGER (1980)
Director: Rakesh Kumar
Producers: Tito-Tony
Music: Rajesh Roshan
Script: Dr Rahi Masoom Raza
Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjeev Kumar, Rekha, Waheeda Rehman
Apparently it was a very violent film and Amitabh was supposedly playing an out and out black character in it.It seems Amitabh developed cold feet for the role and the film never took off.
3)KHABARDAAR (1984)
Director: T Rama Rao
Producer: A Poornachandra Rao
Amitabh, Sridevi, Jaya Prada, Kamal Haasan
Anand meets Whose Life Is It Anyway. This euthanasia-themed film had Bachchan as the doctor and Kamal as the terminally ill patient. Instead, the producers pulled the plug on the project after canning 16 reels, fearing controversy. The unofficial version : Bachchan felt the southern star would walk away with all the sympathy.
4)AASMAAN
Although IMMAAN DHARAM proved to be a disaster, the producer went ahead and announced AASMAAN with Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha, with Mohan Kumar [AVTAAR] in the director's seat. Salim-Javed, who had penned the script of IMMAAN DHARAM, were scripting AASMAAN as well. However, the film was shelved subsequently.
5)NAYA BHARAT
Manoj Kumar had announced the biggest film ever in 1976. Titled NAYA BHARAT, the film starred Manoj Kumar himself, Hema Malini, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor, Shatrughan Sinha, Zeenat Aman and Rishi Kapoor. The film was shelved subsequently.
6)AAR PAAR
Mushir Riaz had launched AAR PAAR in 1979 with Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Zeenat Aman, Neetu Singh and Sulakshana Pandit. The film was scrapped after a couple of reels. RD Burman scored the music and 2 songs were recorded.
7)After the late 80's phase when Aby had signed many films after Vinod Khanna's comeback another phase came in AB's life when many directors approached him for many films that was in between Khuda Gawah(1992) to Mrityudaata(1997).In that period one film director who wanted desperately to work with Aby was Rajiv Rai.Rajiv wanted Aby to come out of self imposed exile and was keen to make his version of Godfather with him.He was keen on casting Aby and Aby neither accepted nor rejected the offer.During those days 1993 Aby sported a white beard for a while and infact there was a rumour that he was growing a beard for Rai's film.But Rajiv was finally fed up of waiting for more than a year and scrapped the offer wnad made Mohra.Till date Rajiv rai and Aby have not worked although rajiv's father late Gulshan Rai produced 2 of Aby biggest hits-70's Deewar and Trishul.
Hence he walked out of lots of projects..leaving the producer in shambles.
In fact Prakash Mehra made 'Jwalamukhi' with Shatru in 1980 at the peak of AB's poularity.Gulzar has also never worked in any movie with Amitabh till today.
There are more instances, there was a Subhash Ghai movie also where he moved out where script did not suit him. He refused Rajput and Zamana and the movies went to Rajesh Khanna.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rajesh Khanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RK's life was cut short. He was discriminated b... (Oct '12) 7 min Roshini 167
Magical moments created by Superstar Rajesh Kha... 10 min Roshini 75
ab licked the shoes of producers for getting roles 13 min Roshini 193
Dharmendra or AB or RK (Oct '08) 17 min Roshini 162
Do Raaste (1969) (Feb '09) 22 min Roshini 56
Rajesh Khanna's Decline Of 1972 (Jun '12) 20 hr Roshini 1,917
No one can steal my (electric) fans from me Wed Roshini 299
More from around the web