Rage Against The Machine spark public...

Rage Against The Machine spark public protest

There are 49 comments on the www.nme.com story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Rage Against The Machine spark public protest. In it, www.nme.com reports that:

Rage Against The Machine sparked a protest march after not being allowed to play at a political rally in Minnesota yesterday .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nme.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jonathon

Seattle, WA

#43 Sep 6, 2008
http://www.serendipity.li/jsmill/jsmill.htm

This link goes dirctly to the text of: "On Liberty", by John Stuart Mill
jimmycrackcorn

Malden, MA

#44 Sep 6, 2008
Kev-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are young and immature by the way you type...
XD
Oh OK I guess I'm young and immature because instead of writing your I wrote ur iam not immature I jus like to shorten the anganus strain of typeing.BTW I retract my comment that rage is the best band in last 20 years but their music is better then tool and is still better then most of the stuff out now. P. S I will listen to zepplin over rage anyday I just think rage are a good band and like I said earlier F@&k all the haters. If you dont like them then why are you on this site.
jimmycrackcorn

Malden, MA

#45 Sep 6, 2008
Sean in CA wrote:
Rage was relevant for about 3:46 or however long their first single was. After that, it was the same music played under "Cause of the Day" lyrics. They are a bunch of wanna-bee political artists whose collective I.Q. is lower than room temperature. They are reduced to clinging to every left-wing frat party / protest / rally to crank out their sonic diarrhea..... BTW, I think they suck.<quoted text>
You Are an idiot and thats not funny adding on to my quote like in number 36. You really hurt my feelings.:( LOL

“Politically Incorrect ”

Since: Dec 06

United States

#46 Sep 7, 2008
Coming from you, "idiot" is a compliment. I'm surprised you can even spell the word.

jimmycrackcorn wrote:
<quoted text> You Are an idiot and thats not funny adding on to my quote like in number 36. You really hurt my feelings.:( LOL
jimmycrackcorn

Malden, MA

#47 Sep 7, 2008
oh ok then I dont really think I get it but I guess I'm insulted.
Alan Squatrito

New Brunswick, NJ

#49 Sep 18, 2008
Are you jOkes KIDDING ME!!! RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ARE AMAZING AND DESERVE MORE RESPECT THAN THIS, PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN RESPECT THEM OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC, GET REAL

“Only here for 75 or so years.”

Since: Feb 08

Grover Beach CA.

#50 Sep 19, 2008
meh.

This topic has taken enough of my free time than I care to part with any longer.
Kudos Rage Against the Machine for racking up 50 posts on a current affairs web site.
In 2008.

meh.
fedup-rep

United States

#51 Sep 19, 2008
"what? the land of the free? who ever told you that is your enemy."
Bruce

Council Bluffs, IA

#52 Nov 8, 2008
I would like to add to this bickering between the two opposing view points and take a look at what this entire page is all about.

At the RNC Rage was going to play, but since the establishment was fearful the band might threaten the entire Republican National Convention with full scale protests and riots, the St. Paul Police pulled the plug on the electricity to the set and ended the planned concert. The city spent 50 million dollars of taxpayer money in order to fund the purchase of paramilitary equipment and other anti riot gear for the local authorities.

This was on September 2nd, if you don't understand the words I'm saying, do your own research. If your lazy...

My opinion of Rage Against The Machine is that they hate the Police, the Government, and even the system some people think they are hypocritical of. If they make money from the rich record companies, the companies would most likely want to milk profits as much as possible. But there comes a breaking point where Rage Against the Machine can't be played on the radio or on MTV anymore because otherwise people wouldn't be brainwashed with SNL, and therefore impeach President Bush, instead of the usual laugh. As long as the government continues to use its long arm with local Police Departments, FBI, and CIA working for them, Rage will continue to be shut down.

How else can we explain the cops forcibly not letting them play, while hundreds of people chant "Free Speech!!! Free Speech!!!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rage Against the Machine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mellencamp to Walker: You're using a union supp... (Apr '14) Jul 12 Obsession 8
News Rage Against the Machine guitarist mocks CNN's ... Apr '16 USA today 1
News R.E.M., Pearl Jam, Trent Reznor, Tom Morello ou... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 1
News New Device Album Features Big Name Guests (Apr '13) Sep '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News "Dexter" hit series roll out new TV teaser (Apr '13) Apr '13 frank 24
News Rage Against The Machine Not Doing Another Albu... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ehowders 1
News Occupy Wall Street plans to surround NYSE to ma... (Sep '12) Sep '12 comfortably_numb_... 1
More from around the web