Musicians Band Together to Protest Music Torture

Groups and singers such as Massive Attack and Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine have teamed up with a British charity to stop the U.S. military from using music as a torture device. Full Story
Hubie

Long Island City, NY

#1 Dec 11, 2008
Not to make light of a terrible injustice, but when I read the headline I thought this was going to be about how torturous it is to listen to the radio these days!
polly

United States

#2 Dec 12, 2008
if i were one of these musicians i would be really disturbed. but then again, you'd have to be pretty disturbed to make music that could be used a a torture soundtrack to begin with.
Janet

Portland, OR

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Forced to listen to Michael Bolton at high decibels, over and over, I would lose my mind.
buddy guy

United States

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Well, I think they're great. I hate that kind of music, but the guys behind it are really objecting to being unwilling participants in torture. All Americans should be doing it. We're paying for this activity, musical and otherwise.
Paul

Long Island City, NY

#5 Dec 12, 2008
I can't really blame them. If my creation was being used as punishment or meant to break down people's spirits, I might take it a little personally as well.
Reginald

Long Island City, NY

#6 Dec 12, 2008
I would be honored if my song were used for torture.
talia

Long Island City, NY

#7 Dec 15, 2008
polly wrote:
if i were one of these musicians i would be really disturbed. but then again, you'd have to be pretty disturbed to make music that could be used a a torture soundtrack to begin with.
i think that any music, blasted over and over at a high volume for days on end, would become torture. therefore it is unfair to say that some of these musicians are disturbed. some of the songs used are from children's tv programs such as sesame street, and you could hardly call that disturbing music.
Naomie

Long Island City, NY

#8 Dec 15, 2008
I would be angry if someone used my songs as punishment. Especially if I were a song writer for Sesame Street or some other children's song writer. It's terrible.
Dave

Kalamazoo, MI

#9 Dec 17, 2008
it depends on how you see this article. i mean if it does quell people from killing overs via suicide then go for it. i think they should try rap music instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rage Against the Machine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mellencamp to Walker: You're using a union supp... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Swedenforever 3
New Device Album Features Big Name Guests (Apr '13) Sep '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
"Dexter" hit series roll out new TV teaser (Apr '13) Apr '13 frank 24
Rage Against The Machine Not Doing Another Albu... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ehowders 1
Occupy Wall Street plans to surround NYSE to ma... (Sep '12) Sep '12 comfortably_numb_... 1
Rage Against The Machine nude (Jul '12) Aug '12 Morello is a one... 2
'Rage' guitarist rages against Paul Ryan (Aug '12) Aug '12 3OHA 3

Rage Against the Machine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE