Silent Hill

Silent Hill

There are 68 comments on the Mirror.co.uk story from Apr 21, 2006, titled Silent Hill. In it, Mirror.co.uk reports that:

Cert 15, 126mins Rating: 2/5 Resident Evil, Wing Commander, Doom, Alone In The Dark, Super Mario Brothers - five reasons why Silent Hill was never going to be any good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mirror.co.uk.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Q of K

Mcallen, TX

#1 Apr 22, 2006
uhmmm... i saw the movie and i couldn't find 5 reasons. there are probably none since you've lumped silent hill with the rest of the other awful renditions. if you compared it with other horror classics, i may find such reasons. it wasn't the best but it was respectable. in my opinion, this movie undoubtfully stands apart from the rest of the flock.

"It's a film making a brief stop off in cinemas on its way to the video bin." -- you quoted. i'm sorry to say that that was a really ignorant assumption. the vast majority of the fans of the game are very impressed with the movie and its faithfulness to the original game. even a number of non-fans also enjoyed the movie. meaning, you're way over your head on this one. want proof? check the message forums and user reviews at movies.yahoo.com and boxofficemojo.com .

lastly, why don't you focus more on reviewing movies that you can at least relate to? you're like a food critic reviewing an automobile show. you even pretended as if you knew about original playstation game but boy this clearly isn't your field.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 May 7, 2006
This was a very good movie, the ending is a little confusing but all in all a great movie.
julie

Lumberton, TX

#3 Jun 13, 2006
i loved silent hill its the best looking movie ive seen in a long time (iv played all the silent hill games except for #1)
the ending was pretty confussing huh? well i want to talk to you all about what i think happened at the ending
*spoiler alert* when rose was telling sharon to close her eyes
the dark part of alessa appeared infront of them sharon opened her eye just a little the dark alessa looked at her and gave a freaky grin just then they fused together after the hell was over they made there way home the reason why rose or sharon couldent see chrisopher is cuse when the camera was on sharon you can see that the girl clearly is not herself the dark part of alessa is fushed within her christopher is in the normal world
rose is still stuck in the alternate deminsion on the account of the evil iside her daughter. even though all the hell that rose went through is over and they go home the fog is still there (please not that this is just my opinion i could be wrong but this is the only theary that added up in my mind) the film was awsome phyramid head and dalia was favorite i hope theres a sequal in the future
Lala

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jun 23, 2006
I have never played the game Silent Hill, but the movie was obvious to me. They were all killed when they crashed through the gate into Silent Hill in the beginning of the movie. They were in hell, pyramid man is in lots of pictures depicting hell. This is why the husband couldn't see them at the end of the movie, it was their spirits that were there.
nazz

UK

#5 Jul 7, 2006
yes but if they died in the crash the local police would have known about it and they would have told the father rather than searching the deserted town for them. i agree with julie with regards to the ending but that still leaves another question unanswered,what happened to the older grown up version of the girl that was burnt up where did she go once she had claimed her revenge??
Lisa

Abrams, WI

#6 Jul 16, 2006
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Pyramid Head T-shirt? I have tried E-Bay & no luck.

Please help!!

Thanks

[email protected]
hamid

Iran

#7 Aug 20, 2006
i have download silent hill the movie. but remember password?plz help me.tnx
hamid

Iran

#8 Aug 21, 2006
i have download silent hill the movie. but i dont remember password?plz help me.tnx
StephandBeth

UK

#9 Sep 5, 2006
WHY ARE YOYU TALKING ABOUT SILENT FRIGGIN HILL IN FINDING NEVERLAND FORUM? DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE SILENT HILL ON PS BUT DONT TALK ABOUT THE WRONG TOPIC. PLEASE!
Laura

Brisbane, Australia

#10 Sep 11, 2006
Guys i honestly could not understand the meaning of this movie! like the ending. why did they die..
how was it that they died.. was it at the start of the movie when they crashed and if so why did rose and the cop die. i just cant seem to understand it!
help!
Alex b

UK

#11 Sep 14, 2006
basicaly, rose and cybill and sharon were all killed at some point or another, possibly in the car crash, possibly at the end, where alessa goes mad and starts killing all the people in the church, when rose and sharon get home, it appeares that her husband is sitting on the sofa across from her, but he is actually in another dimension, because he is living, and rose is dead. i'm 13 and i can understand it.
raeann

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Sep 16, 2006
Ok you might think that you know what really happened. But yes they are dead and yes she said in the movie when she had to tell the truth that they where all killed in the fire and that they where all damned. But!!!! Why did she call her husband if she new she was dead. There is the tricky part. Yes it is obvious that they all crashed and died. She and sharron went to the house because when you go to heavan as many say, you go to the place that makes you happy. Sharron and the home made her happy. But towards the end it is still so tricky I am 20 and you really didn't explain why she called her husband, How did he recieve the call, because they are supposed to be dead and she still called him when she was and he recieved the call then and heard a distinct message. So now explain yourself.
Alex b wrote:
basicaly, rose and cybill and sharon were all killed at some point or another, possibly in the car crash, possibly at the end, where alessa goes mad and starts killing all the people in the church, when rose and sharon get home, it appeares that her husband is sitting on the sofa across from her, but he is actually in another dimension, because he is living, and rose is dead. i'm 13 and i can understand it.
Bruno

Canoas, Brazil

#13 Sep 18, 2006
People, I watched Silent Hill the movie, and I finished all of the Silent Hill games, but I don't saw all endings. If somebody have all the endings of Silent Hill 1, 2, 3 and 4, please contact me:
[email protected] (I'm Brazilian)
Thank you!
Marilyn

AOL

#14 Sep 19, 2006
I think that they may have died yes when they crashed. If that happened they became trapped into the towns' hell and at the end escaped into their own spirit world. Or, when they entered silent hill , with sharon because she is a partof the town she made those with her enter the parallel dimension along with her. That including the cop because she was only a few miles behind them. Rose chose to go there for the love of her daughter, making her the chosen one to make the towns people realize that they are dead. At the end the demon of Alessa looks at little Sharon and enters her. That makes Rose and Sharon unable to leave this spirit realm.. kinda like Limbo. The one thing I dont get is that guy who saved Alessa when she was burnt..
and he got his hands burned.. remember? How was he the same age from the time he saved her.. remember they said that was 30 years ago? He is the cop that is with Christopher.
Marilyn

AOL

#15 Sep 19, 2006
also notice at the very end the little girl makes the car start and makes the road continue( see how the road was cliffed off and then a road appeared) also the vehicles are in the spirit world not inthe real world, explain that?
Madame Fecale

Chicago, IL

#16 Sep 20, 2006
We'll find out indefinately in the sequel, but Rose is inherently ignorant to the fact that the fused girls are, indeed, fused. However, Alyssa's taletail signs such as starting the car, continuing the road, and those slightly evil looking grins is telling us that she's keeping them in the alternate reality for a specific purpose. That's why they want to keep us guessing. It was ingenious really. Were they dead to begin with? Perhaps... but that's what the writers and director wanted us to do, make assumptions. I just hope they don't wait TOO long to come out with the next movie... this is one of those that you cannot keep the audience waiting too long.
Marilyn wrote:
also notice at the very end the little girl makes the car start and makes the road continue( see how the road was cliffed off and then a road appeared) also the vehicles are in the spirit world not inthe real world, explain that?
WOOT

Perry, MI

#17 Sep 28, 2006
thatsa craaazaa
Michael

Palm Desert, CA

#18 Oct 1, 2006
I was confused by the ending to the movie also. It seems like the movie ending was left to interpretation by the viewer. I suppose the cop, Rose and Sharon could all have been killed at the beginning of the film when they crashed. But then why didn't the police find the crashed vehicles and bodies right away? The only explanation was that they must have slipped into an alternate dimension. But then why couldn't Rose and Sharon get back out once the story was ended? There wasn't much of anything to indicate that they got killed somewhere along the way. Although I suppose that's possible, nothing in the movie ever pointed to it directly.
In the end it seemed like things were returning to normal as the car started and the road was open again. Rose even called her husband. It was a garbled call, but easily attributed to the cell phone being not quite in range.
Even in a horror story like this it seems hard to believe that they could just slip into an alternate dimension and then move back to real life. But of course this is a horror movie, and you have to suspend some disbelief.
All in all I really loved the movie. I was surprised to find that that it was based on a video game. The writing is a lot better than I've seen on many other horror movies. But I don't see any way to resolve the ending. Are they waiting in limbo to go to the other side? Are they ghosts? Did Rose dream she was driving home, and then in a sequel we'll find her waking up at a rest stop, safe and sound with Sharon? If a sequel is done I don't know how they will sort this out. Maybe the husband will have to go looking for them. But the story seems to be over (except for explaining what happened to Rose and Sharon). So what more could they add in a sequel?
WOOT

Perry, MI

#19 Oct 3, 2006
NOOBS its just some crazy movie made up by spawns of satan!!!!!
ian

Provo, UT

#20 Oct 8, 2006
ok ive been a fan of silent hill since the first one came out. there is 2 dimensions ok. and the evil part of alessa became fused with roses daughter as well as killed rose which is why they are still in the "evil" dimension. she made the car start and the road appear at the end. thats pretty much it its not that hard to figure out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radha Mitchell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Frozen Ground Review (Aug '13) Dec '13 Vanessa Hudgens 11
Radha Mitchell nude ! (Apr '11) Apr '11 Zachary 1
News Tropfest NY: Delta reigns at NY flick fest (Oct '08) Oct '08 Jess 1
Henry Poole (Aug '08) Aug '08 connie 1
News Henry Pool Is Here (Aug '08) Aug '08 connie 1
News Finding Neverland (Apr '07) Aug '08 Alli 32
News 'Silent Hill' -- Illnesses, New York, Newsday (Apr '08) Apr '08 david aguiar sh 2
More from around the web