Album covers tried to make grooves groovy | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
As classical albums go, their cover art is anything but. Russian soldiers flash the "peace" sign on a recording of music by Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky. Full Story
think twice

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 21, 2010
cool
Craig_A

Catonsville, MD

#2 Mar 6, 2010
It's great to see that these works of art are not forgotten. They marked a unique and in my opinion very high point in the marketing of classical music, because of the sense of humor involved.
I have an online collection of these covers at www.westminstergold.com . A chance to see them in person in their full 12" x 12" glory at the gallery is simply great.
David Whorf

Salinas, CA

#3 Sep 4, 2010
My brothers both excelled in Album Cover designs over a range of companies including Capitol, Electra - Well, I'll leave that up to my brother Chris....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rachmaninoff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transcending Reality & Re-Imaging The Canon: Wo... (Aug '11) Sep '11 Ann 2
Musicians embrace the music of Stan Getz (Aug '11) Aug '11 Deadmonton 1
Shining a spotlight on Stravinsky, part three -... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Barton McLean 1
Romance set to spring from Russian program | Th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Gamir 1
Why pianists plays Rach if Rach have recordings... (Sep '10) Sep '10 pacman 1
Why pianists play Rach if Rach have his own rec... (Sep '10) Sep '10 pacman 1
Passion and ability drive piano prodigy and - P... (Apr '10) Apr '10 david lee roth 1
More from around the web