R.E.M.'s Stipe Dismissed as Juror

R.E.M.'s Stipe Dismissed as Juror

There are 6 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jan 15, 2008, titled R.E.M.'s Stipe Dismissed as Juror. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

R.E.M. lead singer Michael Stipe was among more than a dozen potential jurors dismissed at the beginning of the trial for a man accused of sneaking into a middle school and trying to sexually assault a girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

10man

Gainesville, GA

#1 Jan 15, 2008
This is news? Why not go ahead and tell us what he had for lunch?
ng_speaking

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Jan 15, 2008
Well, I had to sit on a jury trial and it took several weeks and I couldn't get off of the jury panel and neither should Stipe. I believe he just used his tale to get out of doing his civic duty.
Rez

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 15, 2008
The lawyers look for individuals who are easily influenced to serve.
OJAY Simsons

Suwanee, GA

#4 Jan 15, 2008
Don't want to serve on a jury

In a Personal injury civil case:
Tell them you feel chiropactors are quacks and that lawyers who handle PI cases are ambulance chasers

in a Criminal case:
You listen to Rush Limbaugh and or Boortz. You can also tell them that you believe anyone charged is always guilty

Get a black jury
Rez

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 15, 2008
OJAY Simsons wrote:
Don't want to serve on a jury
In a Personal injury civil case:
Tell them you feel chiropactors are quacks and that lawyers who handle PI cases are ambulance chasers
in a Criminal case:
You listen to Rush Limbaugh and or Boortz. You can also tell them that you believe anyone charged is always guilty
Get a black jury
" Your honor he must be guilty or he won't be here."

"Juror Number Two, you are dimissed."
JIMBO

New York, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2008
Some people look Guilty and others Not Guilty. That's how i'd decide the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R.E.M. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News R.E.M. And Zeppelin Members Jam Together (Nov '15) Nov '15 mats Stockholm 1
News Joseph Arthur Photography Exhibit Opens 3/13 at... (Feb '15) Feb '15 amyli 1
News R.E.M. Lead Singer Admits He's Gay (Mar '08) Nov '14 lelelelelel 49
News Can A Safer Ambien Make Billions? Merck Aims To... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Norris 6
News Krist Novoselic Reflects On Nirvana Ahead Of 'I... (Oct '13) Oct '13 karla81 1
superstar concerts featuring REM (Apr '13) Apr '13 ali 1
News It's the end of everything as we know it (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mary 1
More from around the web