Stipe Says He Came Out To Help Kids

Mar 18, 2008 Full story: gay_blog.blogspot.com

R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe made the decision to announce he's gay in order to be a role model for youngsters struggling to cope with their sexuality.

MORE

Full Story

“I think, therefore, I am.”

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 18, 2008
Thank you Michael Stipe! Not just children, but adults, too, need to recognize and deal with their sexuality in positive and productive ways. And, Mr. Stipe's "coming out" will help all GLBT individuals to accept themselves for who they are and to live their lives as normally as everyone else. Kudos!

“Liberals = Hippies”

Since: Dec 06

Ashiharacho, Japan

#2 Mar 19, 2008
He certainly didn't come out to support Police. This guy loves Cop Killers. Look how he supports Mumia Abu Jamal a convicted Cop killer who Stipes seems to think is somekind of politcal prisoner. In reality Jamal is a cold blooded cop killer who this moron supports..
Nobody

Syracuse, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2008
Jeez, Sparkle. Cool down. Criticizing a pop star's politics is about as hard as shooting skeet and about three times as pointless.

Whether or not he's a moron, it's nice that he came out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R.E.M. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joseph Arthur Photography Exhibit Opens 3/13 at... Feb 28 amyli 1
R.E.M. Lead Singer Admits He's Gay (Mar '08) Nov '14 lelelelelel 49
Can A Safer Ambien Make Billions? Merck Aims To... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Norris 6
Krist Novoselic Reflects On Nirvana Ahead Of 'I... (Oct '13) Oct '13 karla81 1
superstar concerts featuring REM (Apr '13) Apr '13 ali 1
It's the end of everything as we know it (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mary 1
Ad of the Day: Sony Xperia Z (Mar '13) Mar '13 tigger31086 1
More from around the web