Six slow kings of the six-string guitar

The classically trained musician claims to be one of planet's fastest guitar players, and who can argue? But what if you took the opposite tack and saluted six of the slowest guitar players? We're talking folks ... Full Story
Billy

Iowa City, IA

#1 Mar 2, 2009
Maybe fast isn't so great...George Harrison and Noel Gallagher are my favorite guitarists! I usually prefer melody over guitar shredding. Though there are occasions for both!
Tom Perverteau

Providence, RI

#2 Mar 2, 2009
Speed is everything. You don't impress anyone unless you have speed. People that say speed isn't important are just people who aren't good enough to play fast.
Tony c

Union City, NJ

#3 Mar 3, 2009
Great Kat Rocks if she was around in the 60's she would be be on stage with Janice, and Jimmy....
thingy

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 3, 2009
Interesting. I never even thought about that. I think George Harrison was great. So now I feel better. If I never shred, it will be o.k.
DBA

Pella, IA

#5 Mar 4, 2009
speed doesn't necessarily equal talent...those guitarists mentioned are some of the best ever!
Mike Campbell Rules

Pella, IA

#6 Mar 4, 2009
Tom Perverteau wrote:
Speed is everything. You don't impress anyone unless you have speed. People that say speed isn't important are just people who aren't good enough to play fast.
Or maybe shredding is for people who can't play melodies

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#8 Mar 4, 2009
i love david gilmour but i also love Yngwie J Malmsteen. Fast when it's appropriate, slow when it isn't
Course we could go the comcast route "fast, it's not for everybody"

I'm still mad yngwie doesnt have a spot in the rock n roll hall of fame!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R.E.M. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joseph Arthur Photography Exhibit Opens 3/13 at... Feb 28 amyli 1
R.E.M. Lead Singer Admits He's Gay (Mar '08) Nov '14 lelelelelel 49
Can A Safer Ambien Make Billions? Merck Aims To... (Oct '12) Oct '13 Norris 6
Krist Novoselic Reflects On Nirvana Ahead Of 'I... (Oct '13) Oct '13 karla81 1
superstar concerts featuring REM (Apr '13) Apr '13 ali 1
It's the end of everything as we know it (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mary 1
Ad of the Day: Sony Xperia Z (Mar '13) Mar '13 tigger31086 1
More from around the web