Beyonce is People's 'Most Beautiful Woman,' 1st black honoree in 9 years

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: KABC LA 77

Beyonce has been named People's "Most Beautiful Woman" of 2012, which makes her the first black celebrity to grace the cover of the magazine's "Most Beautiful" issue in nine years and the second since it began the tradition two decades ago.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 25, 2012
This is surprising, no?

“about 2 be a mini me”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 25, 2012
i hope nobody says anything about her being light skinddddd lol
JBL

Seattle, WA

#3 Apr 25, 2012
This is when the Trolls start saying she's white

“LookOUT”

HOUSTON TX

#4 Apr 25, 2012
man Beyonce is bad. ill give her my votes anyday. congrats.
BlackDevil_ Lucifer 666

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Apr 25, 2012
HTNFBABY wrote:
man Beyonce is bad. ill give her my votes anyday. congrats.
Agreed, man.

United States

#6 Apr 25, 2012
It's funny how they picked such a light-skinned "black" female. Almost white skin, blonde hair, almost white features. There are so many normal, non-celeb women who are 10 times prettier than she is.

“LookOUT”

HOUSTON TX

#7 Apr 25, 2012
SweetAsCandy69 wrote:
It's funny how they picked such a light-skinned "black" female. Almost white skin, blonde hair, almost white features. There are so many normal, non-celeb women who are 10 times prettier than she is.
BULLSHIT... B is fine. much better then anyone else. AND she has been a steady "good" role model.
who else is there???

“LookOUT”

HOUSTON TX

#8 Apr 25, 2012
dirtydiamond wrote:
it didnt take long ha??

“about 2 be a mini me”

Location hidden

#9 Apr 25, 2012
HTNFBABY wrote:
<quoted text>
it didnt take long ha??
not long at all

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2012
Gabrielle Union is really pretty as well, or Meagan Goode. What about them?

“Fair and Balanced”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Apr 25, 2012
I would have voted for her 9 yrs ago... not so much now

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Apr 25, 2012
SweetAsCandy69 wrote:
Beyonce isn't all that light to me. I have seen the different album covers and lighting that has tried to make her appear lighter. She was a dark caramel.

UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#13 Apr 26, 2012
All Yank shyatty media driven crap. ;-) There are much prettier gyals next door of all colors in Yankistan. Word. ;^)
Sugarbabes

Ann Arbor, MI

#14 Apr 26, 2012
SweetAsCandy69 wrote:
Funny how the trolls on here are gonna accuse her of being a "hater" when everything you are saying is true. This is the biggest thing I hate about Beyonce --- her f***ing fans. I hate her fans!!!! I HATE THEM! Any Beyonce fans over the age of 18 drive me NUTS! Someone made the perfect statement on another website:

"This is joke, right? Clearly the panel of those determining what defines beauty were a bunch adolescent drag-queens. Beyonce is boring, one-dimensional, inarticulate, uneducated, and did i mention has a boring flat personality. Yes, thanx to a team of gay minions dedicated to teaching her how to walk, talk, dance and sing, she’s a good performer BUT she’s a pretty fem-bot, not the most beautiful woman in the world. This is ridiculous and a sad statement on our world’s values if pretty but empty shells are how we define global female beauty. Sad."
Sugarbabes

Ann Arbor, MI

#15 Apr 26, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyonce isn't all that light to me. I have seen the different album covers and lighting that has tried to make her appear lighter. She was a dark caramel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5rte4vOywjUXX
She is my complexion, which means she is light skinned. When I look in the mirror, I see light skin. Deal with it. Stop trying to take up for your "Queen". She is light and has gotten a pass for it.
Come On

Tulsa, OK

#16 Apr 26, 2012
Black people aren't allowed to find light skinned BW beautiful anymore..they must down light sistas in order to bring up darker sistas..that's as much as a lie as those who claim dark skinned BW are all ugly.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#17 Apr 26, 2012
dirtydiamond wrote:
Beyonce is beautiful. It would be nice if for a change the white folks compiling these lists would include a darker woman for a change, but it is what it is. I won't hate on B because she is a good looking woman and the total package.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 26, 2012
SweetAsCandy69 wrote:
Gabrielle Union is really pretty as well, or Meagan Goode. What about them?
cuz only one person can win. i like beyonce and think she's pretty, but not *the* most beautiful. to be honest there aren't too any high profile aaw right now who blow me away. meagan good keri hilson are my current favs.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Apr 26, 2012
Come On wrote:
Black people aren't allowed to find light skinned BW beautiful anymore..they must down light sistas in order to bring up darker sistas..that's as much as a lie as those who claim dark skinned BW are all ugly.
i don't agree with put'n down light skinned aaw, but chocolate sistahs definitely don't get enough love from the media.
Ebonygoddess

United States

#20 Apr 26, 2012
She beautiful for sure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R&B Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful Surprise (Jun '13) Aug '14 tasha 8
Several hundred without water in Northeast El Paso Jul '14 L Morales 5
Chris Brown tweets 'Thank you GOD' after early ... Jun '14 Stormageddon 2
Zendaya Coleman says her sound was influenced b... (Mar '14) Mar '14 zendaya coleman 1
Chris Brown extends rehab Stay - Report (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rihanna 6
Van believed to be carrying pop star Justin Bie... (Jan '14) Jan '14 OneRepublic 5
Arrest unlikely to hurt Bieber immigration status (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 4

R&B People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE