R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the C...

R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the Cast of B'way's Hairspray

There are 40 comments on the Broadway.com story from Dec 6, 2005, titled R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the Cast of B'way's Hairspray. In it, Broadway.com reports that:

R&B singer Tevin Campbell will be Hairspray 's next Seaweed J. Stubbs. Current star Chester Gregory II will leave the hit musical on December 11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Broadway.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#25 Dec 25, 2007
I have listened to u for years ...others who call themselves "singers" can't even come close to your vocals ...you are extremely talented, a heavenly spirit, & oh so SEXY!!! dang it ! hope u can handle a comment from a real dude! I WANT U~
Tevin_fan

Norfolk, VA

#26 Dec 31, 2007
I Love Tevin then and love him now. Don't care if he is gay but I don't think so, But after I'm done with him he won't be. Yes I will do him.

Since: Jan 08

Pompton Lakes, NJ

#27 Jan 2, 2008
Anyone seen Tevin on broadway? I love Tevin's music and am curious how he's done.
No Worry

Teaneck, NJ

#28 Jan 7, 2008
yes i met him just recently in december he's great !!!!!!!check him out
i know he has a few fan sites
http://groups.msn.com/THETEVIN-CREPRESENTERS
[email protected] m
Peggy

Harrisville, MS

#29 Feb 5, 2008
I am very glad that Tevin Campbell is on the big screen now. So keep up the good work.
Christian

United States

#30 Mar 9, 2008
It is unfortunate that their is such a strong prejudice against homosexual men. As a gay man myself, it is sometimes depressing that people seem to strip all humanity from their perception of someone once they learn their sexuality. The important thing is that this man has a talent that tops almost all of the male R&B singers of today. You keep your head up Tevin and keep doing what cha do. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors
jfc TX

Austin, TX

#31 Apr 9, 2008
saw him on BROADWAY (Hairspray) in NYC..3 weeks ago...i was impressed, he had lots of charisma and very good acting skills...and the vocals, they were still there...not sure why he has not been picked up to blow up again..
swedderb

Henderson, KY

#32 Apr 10, 2008
Tevin is the best male singer ive ever heard period.
ava leigh

Burntwood, UK

#33 Apr 11, 2008
Guys check out the hottest reggae singer Ava Leigh and download free music
at avaleigh.co.uk
KLJ

United States

#34 Apr 12, 2008
Peggy wrote:
I am very glad that Tevin Campbell is on the big screen now. So keep up the good work.
Actually, for all of you who are interested in knowing what Tevin is doing now, i can tell you. He has just completed a come back CD which should be release in a couple months.It was produced by heavyweight producers Rodney Jerkings, Brian Michael Cox and a few other hot R&B producers.
KLJ

United States

#35 Apr 12, 2008
Tevin is working with with producers Scott Storch, The Underdogs, Krucial Keys, Bryan Michael Cox, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, and Ryan Leslie and his longtime associate KeArt. The comeback album is waiting to be published and will be released in 2008. The CD is Titled;
"Live To Learn"
peter

Nigeria

#36 Apr 23, 2008
tevin will always be d best voice i ever heard.sad d way he turned out,but most depressing is the society hasnt done much to re-discover such talented individual from wateva disturbances affected him.anyway telvin,pick up from whereva u left off,we r waitin 4 u.
peter osuji

Nigeria

#37 Apr 23, 2008
wat kept him all these years?Even if he had issues,all we can do is help him come back.he's too much a bundle of talent to waste.Lets usher him in,help him and appreciate him rather than the abuses.
Peaches

Fort Worth, TX

#38 Jun 24, 2008
I have always loved Tevin! He is indeed the best male singer in the world. Some of his music is timeless and I still play his CDs daily. His voice is so nice I could listen to him all day. Some people need to stop hating, because who cares what his sexual preference is. It's about the artist and Tevin is definitely a great artist! Please hurry and make a comeback with your nice soothing tenor voice. There hasn't been another male artist to hook us up like you did. We love you, I love you, and all of your fans love you and misses you very much! We are still anticipating your 2008 CD release! PEACE! God Bless!
Romeo

Johannesburg, South Africa

#39 Aug 13, 2008
Love and miss you Tevin. Please record some more RnB Music.
Romeo

Johannesburg, South Africa

#40 Aug 13, 2008
All my Love Tevin.
A Dose of Medicine

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Jan 8, 2009
People you keep saying that you heard Tevin is gay but you don't believe and even if he is you don't care. Well if you don't care, stop bringing up the gay issue. Fact is he is gay or at the very least bisexual because:

a) He was arrested in 1999 I believe for soliciting and undercover male officer for oral sex

and

b) From what I hear, he has been in a long term relationship with a woman

So at best he is gay and least, he is bisexual but what difference does it make if you all really love his music.

He's a great singer. I've always loved Can We Talk regardless of his sexuality.
sherry

Cleveland, OH

#42 Sep 20, 2009
i dont care about that man being gay i want to here more songs from him i would like to see him perform in person
ikyb

Brooklyn, NY

#43 Mar 17, 2011
Tevin Campbell sings Nuca Llacta with the Kjarkas.
Huasipungo

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Mar 17, 2011
My cousin is your fan, He wants to be a rapper is name is Q'arajo (artist) and he is follow your steps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R&B Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Singer Alicia Keys' New Mantra? #NoMakeup Jun '16 kelly 2
News John Legend Has Some Major Music Plans For 2016 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Rebecca Anne 1
how can i compose r&b? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Jackson naija 1
News R&B singer extradited to Virginia Beach and jailed (Jan '08) Nov '15 Ladeeda 15
News Bobbi Kristina's funeral draws a crowd (Aug '15) Aug '15 Suspicious 1
News Chris Brown tweets 'Thank you GOD' after early ... (Jun '14) Jul '15 Chris Brown is a ... 3
News Ortheia Barnes-Kennerly, R&B Singer and a Detro... (May '15) May '15 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web