R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the C...

R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the Cast of B'way's Hairspray

There are 40 comments on the Broadway.com story from Dec 6, 2005, titled R&B Singer Tevin Campbell Joins the Cast of B'way's Hairspray. In it, Broadway.com reports that:

R&B singer Tevin Campbell will be Hairspray 's next Seaweed J. Stubbs. Current star Chester Gregory II will leave the hit musical on December 11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Broadway.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alison

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 10, 2006
I am really happy that Tevin is trying to buil his career
again. It would have been avery tragic thing if all the talent he posses was wasted. Tevin have one of the best male voices today. Better than Usher,Omarion, and all the others calling themselves R&B singers. Hairspray will be playing here in florida Satuday March 11, 2006. WISH I COULD GO.
Khandi

Thomasville, GA

#2 Mar 15, 2006
I'm happy that Tevin is doing something with his time. I haven't heard anything about him since like the 90's. Looks like he's back for a major come back.
Maldonado

Edison, NJ

#3 Apr 28, 2006
I am happy for Tevin Cambpell. He is one of the most talented R&B singers I ever had the chance to listen to. My favorite of all time. He is also a good actor.
Wendy

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jul 3, 2006
I love Tevin Campbell, I listen to "can we talk for a minute " a hundred times in row.heres to hoping that everything works in his favor.
Wendy

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jul 3, 2006
I have loved Tevin Campbell since he first appeared on the fresh price of Bel- Air episode which is when I first saw him. He was talented then and he talented now. The paly hair spray is good, but im guessing i lot more ladies will go and see the play now that Tevin Campbell is in it. Heres to hoping that everything in every aspect of his life goes great for him. Tevin we love you!
Yesi

Chatsworth, GA

#6 Jul 22, 2006
I wish you the best Tevin Campbell. You are without a doubt, a great singer. I have always love your music, my favorite song "I am ready" will forever stay in my heart. Good luck with everything you do. I love you.
houslow

Manchester, UK

#10 Dec 8, 2006
i love tevin campbell. i always listen can we talk for aminute and 2moro i like so much his song. pls tevin come back. i love u tevin.
Tee

United States

#11 Dec 9, 2006
Jazmi ne wrote:
I loved Tevin Campbell since I was four years old.I hope one day you will get deliver form being gay if it is true, but I don't believe the you are, I will be praying for you, and remember JESUS LUVS YOU.

why cant you just be happy for him. why is it about being gay is it becouse you would have no chance with him being real will you ever even meet him. just be happy for him, and if he is happy with him self thats all that matters you no?
Roney Hooks

Stamford, CT

#12 Apr 26, 2007
Dear Sir: My name is Roney Hooks.I own and operate HB RECORDS USA based out of North Carolina with offices in New York. I was inquiring about the whereabouts of Mr.Tevin Campbell.I would like information on how to contact him.I met with him years ago while working in L.A.
David Bolden

Braintree, MA

#13 May 6, 2007
Kevin Campbell is the (real thing)and not a knock off. The man can sing!6971
mrs tevin campbell

Fayetteville, NC

#14 May 26, 2007
omg i love tevin campbell so much! he is my inspiration and the reason i wake up everyday. i listen to all of his cd's like 4 or 5 times a day!! tevin if u ever read this.....im begging u to come back.! the world needs u...and if the rumors of being gay r real, then i dont even care cause i will still love u!!!! i would give u the world. i hope to meet u one day cause u r everything to me....ur so cute and u have the best voice that i have ever heard out of anyone who has ever opened their mouth to sing.. my favorite songs are... can we talk, im ready, dont say goodbye girl, goodbye, brown eyed girl, tell me what u want me to do, always in my heart, tomorrow, and every other song you made!!!! omg why did u have to stop singing..and i hope u arent gay cause i wanna marry u one day....well i cant cause im too young but i wanna meet u and i wanna hear your voice!!!!omg im about to cry! i love u so much please come bac tevin we all need u. i am ur biggest fan ever...and no one loves me more than u do!!!seriously!(tell me what u want me to do!!!! cause your the finest man that i've ever seeeeeen) i love u so much cause ur the T to the V to the I to the N and that is truly where it starts! with me you'll have a love that no one will ever see! omg i love u so much!!!
Kana

Mayo, MD

#15 Jun 5, 2007
I Really think Tevin is great.
I dont care what sexuality he is but is he gay? Just out of curiosity.
Tevin your still phenomenal either way.
carmin

Shreveport, LA

#16 Jun 19, 2007
well tevin im just soOo happy ur in Hairspray and getting ur life together i listen your music in the car @ home ur music comforts me when im sad confused mad stubborn and i heard that you have a new cd soming out called back to love if soOo i cant wait i hope that 1 day we can meet in you can say that someone truly does love you 4 who u r it breaks my heart when i hear ppl say mean things about like i just want to hurt them 4 what they say about i remember one time i thought someone stole ur cd my eyes got watery and they stinging and there was a lump in my throat well right now im listening to ur come back to the cd that song "BEAUTIFUL THING" well i just want you 2 kno that i LOVE you i BELIEVE in YOU and if you're reading these i want you to know that we need you DESPERATELY me and my twin sister both know how to sing and we always try to mimic your voice...LOL but i just want u know that I LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT AND THAT I NEED YOU.....
georgia buckley

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 25, 2007
TEVIN CAMPBELL I THINK THAT YOU IS NOT GAY BECOUSE YOU IS ONE OF THE SEXY BOY I EVERE SEEN IN MY LIFE. ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONG IS TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO. THANK YOU
Georgtte Buckley

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jun 25, 2007
Tevien Canpbell i think you iis the best r and b soing you like a bird you is sao sexy my sister georgia buckley love you so bad she play your song so bad arond and around she dive me so crazy!she wood like to meet you someday she wood be crying
thank you
Georgette Buckley
BrightK

AOL

#19 Jul 15, 2007
I am a fan of Tevin Campbell. I was wondering what was up with him being on the theme song of the current running show on Bravo..Top Chef. Listen and you will hear Tevin Campbell on there singing from the song Round and Round. Interesting.
Shydae

Radcliff, KY

#20 Jul 19, 2007
My friend is named after you his name is Tevin well,,,,,,,,,, i like dat name (lol)
BMC

United States

#22 Sep 29, 2007
BrightK wrote:
I am a fan of Tevin Campbell. I was wondering what was up with him being on the theme song of the current running show on Bravo..Top Chef. Listen and you will hear Tevin Campbell on there singing from the song Round and Round. Interesting.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that! At least I know I'm not nuts...
Rey-Rey-mackin

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#23 Oct 7, 2007
WOW, my favorite pretty boy is on broadway. I grew up listening to him and I fell n luv whit' him.However, I'm confused, did Prince(myhubby)make that song, Shhh first or did Tevin??
elizabeth

Youngstown, OH

#24 Oct 26, 2007
i love tevini love tevini love tevin i love tevin i love evin i love tevin i love tevin i love tevin i love tevin i love tevin i love tevin i love tevbin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R&B Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?' What's you... Jan 2 Jeremy 2
News Singer Alicia Keys' New Mantra? #NoMakeup Aug '16 NFC 1
News John Legend Has Some Major Music Plans For 2016 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Rebecca Anne 1
how can i compose r&b? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Jackson naija 1
News R&B singer extradited to Virginia Beach and jailed (Jan '08) Nov '15 Ladeeda 15
News Bobbi Kristina's funeral draws a crowd (Aug '15) Aug '15 Suspicious 1
News Chris Brown tweets 'Thank you GOD' after early ... (Jun '14) Jul '15 Chris Brown is a ... 3
More from around the web