Mixed reaction to Bin Laden gag

Mixed reaction to Bin Laden gag

There are 7 comments on the www.thestar.co.za story from May 20, 2011, titled Mixed reaction to Bin Laden gag . In it, www.thestar.co.za reports that:

Comedian Riaad Moosa has hit back at critics of his new song that spoofs al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.

The song, sung to the lyrics of Iíll Be Missing You, the 1997 hit tribute to slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. by Puff Daddy, Faith Evans and 112, premiered on Wednesday nightís edition of news satire show, Late Nite News, on e.tv. In the video, Moosa dons a fake beard and white robes, while fellow comedian Simmi Areff, a nephew of Schabir Shaik, wears a black burqa.

The song drew a mixed reaction on Facebook and Twitter, with some saying Moosa was drawing comparisons between Bin Laden and the Prophet Muhammad, a charge Moosa has denied ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thestar.co.za.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 May 20, 2011
from thestar:

"Maverick Ballim said:'The way I see it, if you dress like Osama and are rapping, you (are) not only mocking Osama, you are mocking Islam as a religion. Riaad, you better off being a Christian cos you not one of us.'

"Twitter user @zEiNub said:'Lots of your fans disappointed, even though you mean no harm, you are still mocking our religion and our Nabi (the Prophet Muhammad)'...

"On his website, Moosa said he had not intended associating the Prophet Muhammad with Osama bin Laden.

"'The song was a parody on an al-Qaeda video. I accept that. Thatís what I set out to do. I am sending up al-Qaeda, albeit in a light way.'"

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#2 May 20, 2011
Mocking Islam by mocking bin Laden? roflmao! OK, have it your way!

I'm satisfied with that.

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#3 May 20, 2011
Of course islam supports terrorism, so mocking bin laden would insult muslims.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#4 May 20, 2011
Thunder-Girl wrote:
Of course islam supports terrorism, so mocking bin laden would insult muslims.
From what I saw, half the Muslims who post here were of the belief that bin laden was a heroic Muslim.

Look who we're trying to talk to about Islam, Thundergirl, and now it makes perfect sense why they are so ignorant and blind.
Comedy lover

UK

#5 May 21, 2011
Please! I saw the gag and it was funny and in good taste. If you really think you can scream - I am offended - every time someone makes a joke and weave an intricate rubbish about disrespectful islam then you can go to hell yourself you attention seeking losers! But the fact remains that the gag was funny and you are miserable.
Usama lover

UK

#6 May 24, 2011
Well Usama Bin Laden was a true muslim, he passed away in the path of Allah. Riaad Moosa, u r showing off yourself on t.v n making a fool of yourself, yet u got the nerve 2 mock Usama Bin Laden. May the sweet breeze of Jannat enter his Qabr, n may he gain high stages in Jannat. U bunch of lost souls, non Muslims, who r yourl 2 say anything? U people don't even know where yourl belong, u people dnt hav no path, yourl r useless. Usama Bin Laden was a true Mujaahid, Riaad Moosa u r not 2 associate yourself with the Ummah, live your life supporting Nasarahs n u will b raised amongst them. U non Muslims can only respond if your studied Islam, which yourl haven't. So b quiet u idiotic lost souls.
passerby

London, Canada

#7 May 24, 2011
Usama lover wrote:
Well Usama Bin Laden was a true muslim, he passed away in the path of Allah. Riaad Moosa, u r showing off yourself on t.v n making a fool of yourself, yet u got the nerve 2 mock Usama Bin Laden. May the sweet breeze of Jannat enter his Qabr, n may he gain high stages in Jannat. U bunch of lost souls, non Muslims, who r yourl 2 say anything? U people don't even know where yourl belong, u people dnt hav no path, yourl r useless. Usama Bin Laden was a true Mujaahid, Riaad Moosa u r not 2 associate yourself with the Ummah, live your life supporting Nasarahs n u will b raised amongst them. U non Muslims can only respond if your studied Islam, which yourl haven't. So b quiet u idiotic lost souls.
And some muslims wonder why islam is singled out and distrusted.

Wonder no more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puff Daddy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biggie, Puff Daddy Connected Smif N Wessun with... Mar '15 Chilly 1
News 'Grillz' Art Installation Uses Algorithmic Data... (Oct '14) Oct '14 brandy t 1
News Watch: Lil' Kim's Nicki Minaj diss track - Blac... (Feb '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News Yo dawg, no more crooning (Jun '11) Jun '11 gee 1
News Puff Daddy in talks to buy Crystal Palace footb... (Apr '10) Apr '10 maurice 1
Swagger Kings (Sep '09) Sep '09 Its All Good 1
News P. Diddy / Keisha Cole (May '07) Jul '09 sandi b 17
More from around the web