Princess Diana's ex-lover among claim...

Princess Diana's ex-lover among claims paid out in phone hacking scandal

There are 3 comments on the The Toronto Star story from Dec 20, 2011, titled Princess Diana's ex-lover among claims paid out in phone hacking scandal. In it, The Toronto Star reports that:

Rupert Murdoch's News International has paid out settlements to seven more prominent figures in the wake of the phone hacking scandal at its now-shuttered News of the World tabloid.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Toronto Star.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2011
none of them deserve it. It's the price of being famous. What a spectacle of rich people trying to get a bit more for nothing. I do except the Dowler family and the other victims of crimes, but to suggest Hugh Grant or Moslesy deserve a penny is silly. Also it is now proven that one of the main accusations against NOTW was MADE UP by the Guardian! what a farce.
ronan

UK

#2 Dec 20, 2011
I cannot see why interception of communication isn't more strickly enforced and the culprit severely punished. After all, a postman intercepting a letter is liable to loose his job and prosecution. Why is it different for phone hacking?

Also, why not introduce a privacy law to curb the excesses of the media in hounding people and stop the intrusion in their private life.

Prosecution of the reporters and editors and a ban of publication for a few weeks should re-establish some dignity in journalism instead of the tolerance of the gutter press that is the norm now.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 20, 2011
I wish some gutter hacks would expose Ronan and his shady tarmac company

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princess Diana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hailey Baldwin looks stunning as she flaunts he... Jul '15 Earl 2
News Why The Block won't return to Sydney (Mar '15) Mar '15 Alvin 4
News UN warns over threat of AIDS rebound (Dec '14) Dec '14 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
News Grocery chain's Christmas ad stirs tears, outrage (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hugh Janus 1
News Hanover: The city that spawned a British monarchy (Oct '14) Oct '14 peternelligan 2
News "Tony Blair: I cried for Iraq war victims" (Sep '10) Oct '14 James 18
News Joan Rivers 'on life support' (Sep '14) Sep '14 Big mike 5
More from around the web