Britain braces for king-sized bill

Britain braces for king-sized bill

There are 43 comments on the WTHI-TV Terre Haute story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Britain braces for king-sized bill. In it, WTHI-TV Terre Haute reports that:

It may be the stuff fairytales are made of - but Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding comes with a hefty real-life price tag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI-TV Terre Haute.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Senger8

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 28, 2011
The Brits are complete idiots! They spend billions every year on their "Royals" and, what do they get in return? Nothing! The Royal Family is a drain on society and the wedding of Charles and Diana was a big spectacle and expensive also. And, what happened there? They both ended-up cheating on each other! It won't be long before William does the same thing....it's in his blood!

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Senger8 wrote:
The Brits are complete idiots! They spend billions every year on their "Royals" and, what do they get in return? Nothing! The Royal Family is a drain on society and the wedding of Charles and Diana was a big spectacle and expensive also. And, what happened there? They both ended-up cheating on each other! It won't be long before William does the same thing....it's in his blood!
Houston huh....
BARBARA

Pikeville, TN

#3 Apr 28, 2011
we have to wake and see .
Squire Thornton

Spring Hill, FL

#4 Apr 28, 2011
The world waits to hear how loud Camilla Parker Bowels will fart inside Westminster Abbey while Charles stands there with a wide grin on his face.
Dr Bighands

Coseley, UK

#5 Apr 28, 2011
we donīt spend billions. What about your President? now thereś a big waste of money
Madamx

Cardiff, UK

#6 Apr 28, 2011
I'm an American living in britain and we don't have a choice as to stopping/controlling the money spent on the royals. After the engagement announcement it was mentioned that the british public will be paying for the royal wedding security bill (say what?). It means that we have to pay to protect the royals from the sorry fuckers who decide to sleep in lines waiting to get a glimpes of the bride/royal couple. What would be ideal and cheaper for us tax payers is for the royals to wed in a private ceremony away from the press. It's a personal and intimate day which could have saved us millons in taxes especially with the olympics next year meaning more tax increases keeping in mind we are still feeling the srain from the recession.

Not many people are celebrating for the sake of it. I'm assuming because both princes really would like to lead normal lives like you or I with millions in the bank and no pressure to rule the country, that's goes totally against the traditional manner of the elder royals. A few friends and myself respect that and feel it's one positive characteristic the princes mother has instilled in them. The press has contributed to this madness and the poor people living on a hand to mouth basis will feel the financial pressure the most. Like most couples wishing to share there lives together, I wish them all the best and to keep communication strong in their marriage. Alway remember as each year goes by a couple becomes even more comfotable in the relationsihp beware mistaking extreme comfort for laziness in a relationship (usually year 5-10) always keep communication open and sparks flowing.
Mr Tripod

UK

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Madamx wrote:
I'm an American living in britain and we don't have a choice as to stopping/controlling the money spent on the royals.
Yes you do have a choice. You can go and live in another country.
Madamx wrote:
It means that we have to pay to protect the royals from the sorry fuckers who decide to sleep in lines waiting to get a glimpes of the bride/royal couple.
Wrong. Those people are no threat to the Royals whatsoever. It's the muzzers, and a bunch of Irish nutters that your countrymen stupidly fund (thinking the IRA are some fairytale breed of romantic heroes) that threaten their safety.
BritsAreIdiots

Portland, OR

#8 Apr 28, 2011
Senger8 wrote:
I agree. These are two schlubs who inherited everything. Celebrate ACHIEVEMENT not the lucky sperm club. No wonder Britain is a has-been.

God almighty get married and STFU already. It is saturating the brain dead media and it is nauseating.
BritsAreIdiots

Portland, OR

#9 Apr 28, 2011
Madamx wrote:
I'm an American living in britain and we don't have a choice as to stopping/controlling the money spent on the royals. After the engagement announcement it was mentioned that the british public will be paying for the royal wedding security bill (say what?). It means that we have to pay to protect the royals from the sorry fuckers who decide to sleep in lines waiting to get a glimpes of the bride/royal couple. What would be ideal and cheaper for us tax payers is for the royals to wed in a private ceremony away from the press. It's a personal and intimate day which could have saved us millons in taxes especially with the olympics next year meaning more tax increases keeping in mind we are still feeling the srain from the recession.
Not many people are celebrating for the sake of it. I'm assuming because both princes really would like to lead normal lives like you or I with millions in the bank and no pressure to rule the country, that's goes totally against the traditional manner of the elder royals. A few friends and myself respect that and feel it's one positive characteristic the princes mother has instilled in them. The press has contributed to this madness and the poor people living on a hand to mouth basis will feel the financial pressure the most. Like most couples wishing to share there lives together, I wish them all the best and to keep communication strong in their marriage. Alway remember as each year goes by a couple becomes even more comfotable in the relationsihp beware mistaking extreme comfort for laziness in a relationship (usually year 5-10) always keep communication open and sparks flowing.
What, all the benefits and none of the responsibilities? That sounds like good values.

NOT.

If they want to lead normal lives they can abdicate - or whatever the dumbf**** do if they are not actually king - give the money back to the people from whence it came and get a job.

No one will care about them and they can live out their lives in peace. Of course they would never want to give up all of the benefits including the tax payer paid subsidies.
BritsAreIdiots

Portland, OR

#10 Apr 28, 2011
Dr Bighands wrote:
we donīt spend billions. What about your President? now thereś a big waste of money
Becoming President is an ACHIEVEMENT. Your wankers are born into the job. They receive everything from birth. They achieve absolutely nothing on their own for their entire lives.

Why didn't you dummies revolt and join the universe of the civilized when you had a chance.

Pretty soon, when the dumpy old broad finally goes to the big hat room in the sky, you will have King Tampon and Queen Dirty Knickers.

Lovely. Have a spot of tea and commiserate over that sideshow bud.
Mohamed Alli Olli

London, UK

#11 Apr 29, 2011
Madamx wrote:
go home , then. if you donīt like our ways, shut up. The extra tax for this (if any) is virtually negligible. we british enjoy these spectacles, it is a part of our tradition. You have an ester Egg hunt at the White House, we have this.
Robert

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Apr 29, 2011
Here is another matter that has started to receive attention;

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

May God bless and have mercy on us.
Chester Wittingham

Spring Hill, FL

#13 Apr 29, 2011
Sarah Ferguson was spotted taking a flask out of her purse for a few nips of gin.
She was a bit wobbly and unsteady on her feet.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#14 Apr 29, 2011
GOD bless the Queen, GOD bless the Royal family.

Please feel free to not come to Britain those of you that hate our Royals and hate our customs. These customs are what make our country great even today.

I wonder how many people worldwide watched the wedding, somewhere in the region of 2 billion worldwide. That includes the USA.

There are about 5,500 street parties in the UK.
pathetic whinger

London, UK

#15 Apr 29, 2011
Chester Wittingham wrote:
Sarah Ferguson was spotted taking a flask out of her purse for a few nips of gin.
She was a bit wobbly and unsteady on her feet.
she wasnīt there, you pathetic tosser.
BritsAreIdiots

Portland, OR

#16 Apr 29, 2011
supersonic boom wrote:
GOD bless the Queen, GOD bless the Royal family.
Please feel free to not come to Britain those of you that hate our Royals and hate our customs. These customs are what make our country great even today.
I wonder how many people worldwide watched the wedding, somewhere in the region of 2 billion worldwide. That includes the USA.
There are about 5,500 street parties in the UK.
Who knew Brits love being bentover and royally scr**** like this. No wonder you are a bunch of has been nobodies.

You look ridiculous to the rest of the world. Your economy sucks, banksters have scr**** you royally and now you are paying for a party you cannot attend, for caviar you cannot eat and champagne you cannot drink. For the privilege of footing the bill, you have to bow to another human being.

You are filthy dolts.
BritsAreIdiots

Portland, OR

#17 Apr 29, 2011
pathetic whinger wrote:
<quoted text>she wasnīt there, you pathetic tosser.
Your future King Tampon and Queen Dirty Knickers were certainly there. You should use bleach to disinfect the hall...you know...just saying.
Mr Tripod

UK

#18 Apr 29, 2011
BritsAreIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knew Brits love being bentover and royally scr**** like this. No wonder you are a bunch of has been nobodies.
You look ridiculous to the rest of the world. Your economy sucks, banksters have scr**** you royally and now you are paying for a party you cannot attend, for caviar you cannot eat and champagne you cannot drink. For the privilege of footing the bill, you have to bow to another human being.
You are filthy dolts.
We don't bow to anybody.

Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Jealous Much

Stanmore, UK

#19 Apr 29, 2011
BritsAreIdiots wrote:
No wonder you are a bunch of has been nobodies.
Hi pot, come over here and meet kettle.

The British Empire reigned supreme for much longer than America held the top position for.

Psst, America's had it's day too.
Edmund Stratford

Spring Hill, FL

#20 Apr 29, 2011
Katherine will tire of Camilla's loud farting in short order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princess Diana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey recovers in hospi... (Oct '15) Oct '15 John 2
News Hailey Baldwin looks stunning as she flaunts he... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Earl 2
News Why The Block won't return to Sydney (Mar '15) Mar '15 Alvin 4
News UN warns over threat of AIDS rebound (Dec '14) Dec '14 Lukashenko is Dr ... 4
News Grocery chain's Christmas ad stirs tears, outrage (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hugh Janus 1
News Hanover: The city that spawned a British monarchy (Oct '14) Oct '14 peternelligan 2
News "Tony Blair: I cried for Iraq war victims" (Sep '10) Oct '14 James 18
More from around the web