My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding set...

My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding set to hit screens in the US

There are 19 comments on the The Sun Online story from Jan 13, 2012, titled My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding set to hit screens in the US. In it, The Sun Online reports that:

GET ready for the most blinging Big Fat Gypsy Wedding yet - as the US version of the show is set to hit TV screens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sun Online.

Joann

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2012
Can't wait the show must go on Loving it
jettiematthews

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Will gotta say I can't wait we had a blast and the weddings was over the top gypsys do know how to do it in style love the bling.done in our own gypsy pride.
jettiematthews

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2012
Joann wrote:
Can't wait the show must go on Loving it
I'm with you JOANN
pp s congleton

Loganville, GA

#4 Mar 3, 2012
love my big fat american gypsy wedding bring it on stanleys like to get it done
tina

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2012
Can't wait:)
Joann

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2012
Yes I was on TLC my big fat American Gypsy wedding there was a lot of blinging going on so much fun enjoy the family get together and the most of all love was in the air
Joann

Herndon, VA

#7 Mar 24, 2012
I think that there should hadben a documentary beforet the shows is aired I watch the UK and I'm not please with that show there is no documentary and it looks like they're trying to disgrace the gypsies I was on my big fat American Gypsy wedding I'm so Disappointed
Joann

Herndon, VA

#8 Mar 24, 2012
I feel I was misled on my big fat American Gypsy wedding I thought there was going to be a documentary to show how Gypsys was treated and I found out that's not what they're looking for there just making fun of gypsies I watch the UK last night did not like it at all and I know that I'm not going to like my big fat American Gypsy wedding I was on the show and regret it so sorry
jettiematthews

United States

#9 Mar 28, 2012
Will waiting to see how we presented do hope there would be documentary to represent our lives our lives have been ridaculed and a lot of discrimination but only us older ones know how true this is most of the younger gypsy's have lived more modern and times ain't been as bad for them but try and walk a mile in my shoes my sisters and brothers didn't have life as easy as the younger generation they know nothing about how rough it was for the older ones growing up in a world you wasn't excepted by.
Joann

Herndon, VA

#10 Mar 28, 2012
Well I hope everybody enjoys the show and as far as growing up we gypsies didn't have all the fancy dresses and all what the young generation has today they's day 's generation is more American than a real gypsy life as we no and how we were treated by the public it's been a long road to Travel and thank God that they never had to go through what we did
jettiematthews

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2012
Your right Joann these younger genera
tion don't know nothing most are more. Gorgers. Then rumneys and act like they live gypsy lives what a joke our lives was real and every thing about it but most of that went out after our generation
Joann

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2012
So TLC wants to air Mellie stripping where she works they called her rebilling Against the family but that's not true Millei is half American and half gypsy I don't understand what TLC Is doing are they trying to disgrace Americans Or gypsies millie hurtIng her self we are not our brothers keepers
TamaraRileyMcKow n

North Augusta, SC

#13 Apr 24, 2012
Wow.I didnt know that Mellie was only half.I live in Murphys Village.My wedding was on the show.Im a country girl,but I married an irish traveler and had a baby with him.I know theyre filming a show with Nettie and Mellie now.We're talking to people about the possibility of doing something here,but the irish arent camera friendly and we had a very difficult time getting anyone to participate here.I hope that the show doesnt disgrace the name of the travelers or the gypsies.I have SO MUCH respect for the people of Murphys Village,and they have accepted me and taken me in as their family and one of them.They dont need anymore bad publicity after dateline and 20/20.I dont want to agree to do a show with anyone until i see how they portray us on the show.I grew up differently than the travelers(being a country person),and I had a disagreement with a boy the night before the wedding and I DO NOT want the travelers portrayd as fighters.They most definitely arent,even though i can be.The people here live with class and lead quiet lives not bothering anyone.I love these people and i hope that the only things represented on this show are good things.I also hope that they show the differences between the travelers and gypsies;because they arent the same thing and deserve to be described and portrayed in the way that they are and not just meshed together.As far as the fist fights outside of weddings and stuff,well,I hope that people dont chalk it up to "all gypsies and travelers are like that",because that is not at all true.We have english travelers here,and they are very nice people with strong family values,just like the irish.
Tim Pat Coogan

United States

#14 Jun 5, 2012
The shows a scam, Tamara Riley ( What were the odds) McKown is the one who contacted the show, as I understand it to launch her Nashville singing career (Good luck with that ). As even she's admitting no one would appeared on camera, who'd disgrace their family like that . If you saw the episode "Murphy's Secret Village" then you know they kept referring to the groom as a Irish Traveller...If it weren't so insulting I'd laugh.. There's about a dozen names in M.V. and McKown ain't one of them..Yes his mothers a Traveller, long ago divorced and he was raised by his father.I have a cousin (also a Riley, a I.T. one) married to a girl from there, said he's never seen him in the 13 years he's wintered there..The shows a lie. At least regarding the Irish Travellers anyway .
Mark Mush

Mount Juliet, TN

#15 Jun 12, 2012
My people never did call themselves "English Travelers." We have only called ourselves English Gypsies. In our own language, that would be Romani (popuarly spelled Rumney among us). If you assume that Roma ("Turks") are the only real Gypsies, while English Gypsies (some of whom may call themselves English Travelers) are not, you are mistaken. I should know. I am an English Gypsy, the people called Romanichel. This TV show is a scam, a lie and an insult to the Romani people (Gypsies) and Irish Travelers alike. I do not know any Gypsy OR Irish Traveler who liked the show. It is a disgrace.
Mark Mush

Mount Juliet, TN

#16 Jun 12, 2012
Joann wrote:
So TLC wants to air Mellie stripping where she works they called her rebilling Against the family but that's not true Millei is half American and half gypsy I don't understand what TLC Is doing are they trying to disgrace Americans Or gypsies millie hurtIng her self we are not our brothers keepers
This show does not only hurt one person. It hurts an entire community, it changes the general perception of what it means to be a Gypsy (Romani, Rumney). Every single Romani/Rumney I have talked with about this show, is furious, deeply hurt, offended and insulted. We are one people, a proud people with a beautiful culture. Do not let a few make a mockery out of the many. This show does not represent us, or who we are. We do not know Sondra Celli, and two Romani families represented on the show this far are not exactly true or typical of traditional, authentic Romanies/Gypsies in America (or anywhere else for that matter). I want to thank you, and commend you, Joann for recognizing that this show is a problem. I feel sorry for the people who have been misled and tricked by these cunning producers. Please let me know how I can contact you.
Stanley

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 2, 2012
These people on the show are redneck trash!!
Their not real gypsies, real gypsies would not do this or need the $$$ to shame their families like that. What a joke this is. We dont drive old trashy vehicles and live like that. These are what you call reffs , rednecks that married into or are wannabees!!!! Their dirty and shamefull. They do it for the money hahaha, We dont need to do that.
Stanley

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jul 2, 2012
Hey fat ass tamara!! U should be on tlc big fat redneck wedding u f@&kin wannabee. Your the reason why these redneck reffs are multiplying. Stop claiming to b what ur not!!!!!!! U guys look stupid on camera. Y do u think nobody came to ur wedding ! Duh, because ur disgracing there families. Tryin to cash in on somthin ur not , broke ass bitches!!!!!
Sarah

Riverside, CA

#19 May 4, 2014
You racist gypsy trash!
Stanley wrote:
Hey fat ass tamara!! U should be on tlc big fat redneck wedding u f@&kin wannabee. Your the reason why these redneck reffs are multiplying. Stop claiming to b what ur not!!!!!!! U guys look stupid on camera. Y do u think nobody came to ur wedding ! Duh, because ur disgracing there families. Tryin to cash in on somthin ur not , broke ass bitches!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince William Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Prince Harry and Kate Middleton's bromance ... Jun 19 Just wondering 1
News Kate's a Knockout! Princess Practices Her 'Wick... May 26 I am me 2
News Prince Harry's Girlfriend Is Playing Hard to Ge... (Mar '14) May 26 I like me better 2
News Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady (Dec '14) Apr '16 Retarded Palin 11
News Bus beheading victim's mom worries about public... Feb '16 horton heat 1
News Tory MP asks Manitoba review board to deny Vinc... Feb '16 Rhoda Ambrosia - ... 4
News Prince William, Kate to break new ground with U... (Dec '14) Feb '16 Rosie oDonnell Gr... 2
More from around the web