Is now the time to overthrow the mona...

Is now the time to overthrow the monarchy?

There are 22 comments on the The Globe and Mail story from Mar 5, 2011, titled Is now the time to overthrow the monarchy?. In it, The Globe and Mail reports that:

In a pub just west of the Kingsway and south of Queen Square, they're plotting to overthrow the monarchy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Globe and Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al Poe

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2011
Storm the Tower and free the Ravens!
ronan

Sandhurst, UK

#2 Mar 5, 2011
We should keep the monarchy; it's the only thing that makes sense in Britain !!
MrOwl1939

Greensboro, NC

#3 Mar 7, 2011
Britain has a monarchy? Could have fooled me. Monarchy-supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person. I don't think Britain fits that description. Definitely storm the tower and free the ravens!!!
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#4 May 19, 2012
yes, we should overthrow our illegitimate and illegal monarchy which is in breach of contract, and restore the rightful sovereign to the throne, we should have a military coup to also kick out the debt based banking thieves, and give everyone a new fair living wage based upon the Asian gold that is hidden away, with jobs based around re-construction of our railways, clean energy systems, and re-industrialization. We should then form a new moral and ethical defense army of decent size, sworn to not engage in imperial land/resource grabs. The new King Mike Hastings should then force parliament to enact proportional representation; thereby giving his subjects half a chance of real democracy, we should then sever all diplomatic ties with any Rockefeller or rothschild infested countries, clear out any remaining deutsche verteidigungs dienst operatives still at large in our various intelligence agency's. Finally we should form closer ties with BRIC Nations for trade, and renew our commonwealth friendship's along more progressive lines.
Revo

London, UK

#5 May 20, 2012
I was with you right up to the point you started with your jewish/german conspiracy nonsense.

Tinfoil hat anyone?
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#6 May 22, 2012
It would be great if you could elucidate on what you mean by german/jewish conspiracy.

It is a very sad fact of human existence that a small group of humans have dis-proportionate power of the rest of the west....Who are these people?
Well mostly a mix of English, Scottish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, South African, Russian, Indian, Some Arabic Leaders,(even possibly some Chinese although I think there involvement in the Great-Game is probably limited to their particular geographic region of planet earth at present) although certain powerful players in the west would like to see that situation changed rapidly to further profit from death and destruction.
Race and Ethnicity has bugger all to do with the fact that the most powerful people who operate the levers of the theatre of events, are most likely less than 2000...(again let me stress, made up of all peoples) it is simply the case that less than 2000 thousand is far to small a number of people to have deciding (largely but not exclusively, in secret) what is going to happen next for all of us.

as for your hurtful insinuation that I harbor specific racism to either Germans or Jews or both which would be absurd in the extreme, I take immense umbridge.....

Let us not forget that in the 2nd world war almost six million people were murdered by a madman and his mad culture, which was given plenty of financial backing (mostly from America) by some of the predecessors of these same global power hungry warmongers, and moral and ethical condemnation was very ambiguous from both the center of spirituality in Rome, and the center of global power in the US.

in modern times some of these same Hubris filled arrogant a-moral violent kleptocrats have had very few qualms about lending support or alliance to some of the most despotic and monstrous persons the heavens could dream up....Whilst it suited there strategic game plan in realpolitik terms.

and returning to your slur, I have always noticed how some of humanities most sparkling achievements in the fields of philosophy, music, the arts, sciences, literature, ave been disproportionately from Jewish and German peoples, and I am exceedingly proud to be descended from these peoples in my brain make-up.
To be put in the same category as anti-semites, and racists in general is extremely upsetting for me because anti-semites and racists have probably been the group of humanity which I have most thoroughly despised since I was about four years old. Their bigotry comes from IGNORANCE, something which your slur against me demonstrates more about your own personal battle with this mind disease than it does my own.

I will defend and protect till the death, any human being persecuted for their ethnicity given the chance, I would even give sanctuary to global military-industrialist's/corpo ratist s if they were being chased by a raging pogrom bent on enacting physical violence.

This tortured planet has seen too much of that sort of thing already, and for 200 hundred years or so now has been largely controlled in the west at least, by warmongering/profiteering amoral paternalists who have caused thousands of thousands of little men/women like you annd me to languish and often die due to their silly policies and worship of Pounds, Dollars, Yen, Ftse, Nasdaq, and so on and so on.

Avuncularism.. not warlike paternalism is what this planet needs.... Reason based Egalitarian Avuncularism.

getting to the end of this diatribe I have just discovered the website engine forcing me to spell certain words in stupid ways, if that means that the person I am responding to is an American then I have slightly more sympathy for the ignorant comment, considering the precarious state of that once great country...However I assumed when I started writing that i was responding to a fellow european, who should know better!!!

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#7 May 22, 2012
ronan wrote:
We should keep the monarchy; it's the only thing that makes sense in Britain !!
The only thing that makes sense to you, you mean. Some of us see sense everywhere, and we don't feel the need to sucker up to those in 'power' to achieve a sense of self satisfaction.

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#8 May 22, 2012
Revo wrote:
I was with you right up to the point you started with your jewish/german conspiracy nonsense.
Tinfoil hat anyone?
I was with him until he apostrophised agency's (sic). At that point I knew there was nothing he could teach me.
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#9 May 22, 2012
It is a sad fact that a very dis-proportionate people, including persons of virtual all races, have a damaging and warmongering/profiteering control of humanity. who are these industriallists, media barons, corporatist, financiers? well some are South Africans, English, Scottish, French, Dutch, German, Japanese, Indian, lot's of American's, even possibly some Chines (although I think there involvement in the Great-Game is focused around their own particular geographical region at present, However certain western leaders would love to sit back and watch China and Russia have a stand-off, even if it has to be subtly arranged.)

Race/Ethnicity has got absolutely nothing to do with this fact, or the fact for 200 hundred years or so warmongering fools have subtly steered humanity into some of the worst atrocities.

Where was the moral and ethical outrage from the great religious center of Rome, when nearly 6 million people were murdered by a Madman and his fascist thugs, who were greatly helped in financial terms from wall street financiers in the twenties.

I take serious umbridge at your slur and insinuation of german/jewish conspiracy, which says more about your ignorance than it does about mine.

It is a point of historical fact that some of the most hideous despotic monsters anyone could eve dream up in the worst nightmare's have been given succor by hubris filled arrogant and dangerous globalist leaders when it suits their own strategic real-politik advances, and then a decade or so later we are all told that their is legitimate reasons to per-emptively invade countries to remove these people.

If you cannot get over the fact that it is flippin obvious to even the dullest of children that global events of a political nature are largely a contrivance, then I really am sorry.

If you had been capable of disagreeing with my comment in a less juvenile and supercilious sneering manner I would have sounded less narked than I do in this reply.
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#10 May 22, 2012
Oh yes and before the,'point out the puctuation mistake' brigade jumps in (because that is the height of their rebuttal prowess)

I do apologize that the last post is replete with errors as I was extremely pi**ed off when I wrote it, and for that reason typing really fast on a keyboard not facing a monitor....

anyway what the hell is the correct way to spell apologize/apologise? Oxford Z or do you prefer an S
mexitalian

London, UK

#11 May 22, 2012
oh joy, another illuminati-phobe with a tin foil hat to stop the brain scans.

you are aware that the true heir to the british throne is an australian? do you really want an aussie on the throne?

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#12 May 22, 2012
howard wrote:
It is a sad fact that a very dis-proportionate people, including persons of virtual all races, have a damaging and warmongering/profiteering control of humanity. who are these industriallists, media barons, corporatist, financiers? well some are South Africans, English, Scottish, French, Dutch, German, Japanese, Indian, lot's of American's, even possibly some Chines (although I think there involvement in the Great-Game is focused around their own particular geographical region at present, However certain western leaders would love to sit back and watch China and Russia have a stand-off, even if it has to be subtly arranged.)
By English do you mean British? If so, why? If not, why?

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#13 May 22, 2012
howard wrote:
Oh yes and before the,'point out the puctuation mistake' brigade jumps in (because that is the height of their rebuttal prowess)
I do apologize that the last post is replete with errors as I was extremely pi**ed off when I wrote it, and for that reason typing really fast on a keyboard not facing a monitor....
anyway what the hell is the correct way to spell apologize/apologise? Oxford Z or do you prefer an S
OMG! Topix p!sses you off? Really? Delicate disposition?
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#14 May 22, 2012
Yes. Fair point, I am happy to be corrected and scolded on that mistake.

I meant, and should have written, British.

By British I mean anyone who considers this curious outpost of Europe to be either their home, or at least the place where they feel most comfortable residing in.

Thanks, for yours was an interesting question.
howard

Sittingbourne, UK

#15 May 22, 2012
mexitalian

When you say illuminati phobe, Could you explain to me what you mean by illuminati? as this is a term I do not use.

Secondly could you then tell me whether the persons you believe are labeled illuminati by tin foil hat (my god is that really the best pejorative term people can find these days)wearers actually exist, or not exist.

do you believe in the principal of an illuminati, but believe them to be absent from world affairs or alternatively do you give no credence to even the terminology.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#16 May 22, 2012
None of the European Kings and queens can feed a few elephants like Maharajas's and Maharanis's of India.
The tribal tourist distraction is the culture of the highly civilized continent
mexitalian

London, UK

#17 May 22, 2012
howard wrote:
mexitalian
When you say illuminati phobe, Could you explain to me what you mean by illuminati? as this is a term I do not use.
Secondly could you then tell me whether the persons you believe are labeled illuminati by tin foil hat (my god is that really the best pejorative term people can find these days)wearers actually exist, or not exist.
do you believe in the principal of an illuminati, but believe them to be absent from world affairs or alternatively do you give no credence to even the terminology.
do i believe that a select few control the world-no
do i believe that those who are in power are greedy lying b@stards-yes.

look mate, you have to understand the 'power of power'. It is just not within the human species to share (look at any post on topix uk and you'll hate mongers all over all claiming that britian belongs to them and only them), so when it comes to ruling the world, the stakes are far higher and will not be shared. You mentioned the rothchilds who are supposed to be part of said illuminati so dont act like you havent heard of it, coz if you heard of the rothchilds then you have, and the family you are actually looking for is the di medicci family.

as for your mention of the 2000 or so members of the elite group, the name you were looking for is the council of 200 aka the bilderberg group aka the club of rome aka the illumanti.

I see it on a daily basis, people convinced that some secret group is putting poison in our water or mind contol drug in our food, and the poor freemasons get blamed for all that nonsense (a masonic temple was bombed in iran because of such paranoia). Those are illunati-phobes, simple truth, ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND.

Without a doubt there are shady dealings that affect world affairs, and many thing dont make sense cause NEWS FLASH politians lie (ie: uk and usa troops are leaving afghanistan for good....then why do both countries have permenant bases in the region now?) but to assume its all one big plot is just ridiculous.

Just cause you are paranoid does not mean they are after you.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#18 May 22, 2012
Overthrow is a wrong word to adorn the title of this subject.
No one had vociferously aired his personal views about European Monarchy as my poorself.
I don't mind about royal family .
But i do mind the injustice which is all-pervasive and omnipotent
wollop

Bristol, UK

#21 May 23, 2012
britains oldest medi evil gangsters, get a job u lazy parrasites
Royston Vasey

UK

#22 May 23, 2012
British `Democracy` 2012, Unelected greedy rich royal family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-214...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince Charles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flashback: When the Royals Came to Austin 4 hr Sharts 20
News Meghan's uncle: Thomas Markle did want to walk ... May 21 EMme 1
News Hannan Prom Royalty - Apr 30 umm no 1
News The Latest: Prince Charles reportedly to lead C... Apr '18 what does that mean 1
News The Latest: Prince Charles reportedly to lead C... Apr '18 what does that mean 1
News The Latest: Prince Charles reportedly to lead C... Apr '18 what does that mean 1
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... (Jun '17) Apr '18 Anonymous 23