Pope Benedict XVI Wants to Save Human...

Pope Benedict XVI Wants to Save Humanity From Homosexuality

There are 28427 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Pope Benedict XVI Wants to Save Humanity From Homosexuality. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI has likened saving humanity from the ravages of gays and transsexuals to saving the rain forests from the ravages of man.

(The Church) should also protect man from the destruction of himself. A sort of ecology of man is needed,
the pontiff said to the Vatican inner council known as the Curia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 1422
Next Last

“God hates me!”

Since: May 07

West Texas, USA

#2 Dec 22, 2008
Yet another volley.... in a battle this will loose.

“God hates me!”

Since: May 07

West Texas, USA

#3 Dec 22, 2008
Er...I mean...THEY will lose.
Didaskalos

Oakland, CA

#4 Dec 22, 2008
Even the Pope gets it right every now and then;) This is one of those times.

After all: the last several decades of teaching 'tolerance' has obscured the truth, but that truth is that believing that a person has the right to homosexual acts is incredibly corrupting.

Yes, that's right, I said "incredibly corrupting". This is because the way we deal with sexual passion says a LOT about ourselves, and if we use our sexual energies in such a manner, a manner that is SO obviously contrary to nature's purpose, then there is MUCH else in our lives that will ALSO be twisted to be contrary to nature's purpose.

But in a society where belief that there IS a "nature's purpose" is scoffed at or ignored, no wonder so few see the danger.

The Pope is not alone in seeing it, but of those who see it, he does have the highest profile. So he can actually do some good by using that high profile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

Centereach, NY

#6 Dec 22, 2008
Erm... Wouldn't we have to pose a threat for anyone to need saving from us?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 07

Norristown, PA

#9 Dec 23, 2008
Yes, I'm sure the pope's gonna change and "force" all those gay people to "become straight." All he continuously, endlessly does is attempt to cause damage and problems.

He willfully, deliberately ignores the basic knowledge, from numerous sources, that this has zero to do with "choice" on anyone's part. Knowing that, and willfully and deliberately ignoring it, he nullifies his own word.

But now, it's not just about his nullifying his word. In a way that is *divisive and goes against the "mission" of his own church*, he is consistently haranguing and harassing gay people about this.

He is not fit to hold his office.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
i really dont know

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 23, 2008
Maybe he just doesn't want any more catholics to become homosexual.

Kind of like how America didn't want any more countries to become communist...

shit that didn't work, where did we go wrong?

“That's Mama Luigi to you too”

Since: Jun 08

Orange County,CA

#11 Dec 23, 2008
He's just mad that potential priest would dry up for him.

“A Soldier's Brother”

Since: Oct 08

Elk Grove, CA

#12 Dec 23, 2008
Who was the first homosexual?

Well?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 Dec 23, 2008
Didaskalos wrote:
After all: the last several decades of teaching 'tolerance' has obscured the truth, but that truth is that believing that a person has the right to homosexual acts is incredibly corrupting.
Yes, that's right, I said "incredibly corrupting". This is because the way we deal with sexual passion says a LOT about ourselves, and if we use our sexual energies in such a manner, a manner that is SO obviously contrary to nature's purpose, then there is MUCH else in our lives that will ALSO be twisted to be contrary to nature's purpose.
But in a society where belief that there IS a "nature's purpose" is scoffed at or ignored, no wonder so few see the danger.
The Pope is not alone in seeing it, but of those who see it, he does have the highest profile. So he can actually do some good by using that high profile.
Please explain how one's natural and God given sexual orientation can be "incredibly corrupting". That's rather insulting to the God that made us all, isn't it?

A gay person expressing that orientation responsibly can in no way be more "corrupting", than a straight person expressing theirs. Sexual orientation and sex are morally neutral. Morals only come into play with our intent and actual behaviors.

If we act to harm ourselves or others, such acts are immoral. The genders involved don't have any bearing on that. It's pretty simple.

My relationship with my wife in NO WAY harms either of us. On the contrary, it lifts us up, supports us, and thank God for that.

I wish that you, and people like you, could experience real love, commitment, and fidelity in your own lives and relationships. If you could feel these things for yourself, you would want them for everyone, gay or straight.

And remember, what the church most fears are gay couples daring to expouse the very same "family values" that straight folks do.

Don't you find that a bit rediculous?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 Dec 23, 2008
joihan777 wrote:
Well?
I'm sure there were gay proto-humans living in the trees during the dawn of time. I doubt they had names, at least not one's we could pronounce.
born that way

Washington, DC

#15 Dec 23, 2008
SouthJerseySteve wrote:
Hey Pope-sicle....(this coming from a man wearing a bathrobe).
Yeah, but what NICE bathrobes they are! Liberace would have been proud to wear those lovely garments.
John E

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#16 Dec 23, 2008
As a recovering catholic myself, I just don't see any love there, just a wish for control.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dwg2468

Long Island City, NY

#17 Dec 23, 2008
rdg1234 wrote:
Yes, I'm sure the pope's gonna change and "force" all those gay people to "become straight." All he continuously, endlessly does is attempt to cause damage and problems.
He willfully, deliberately ignores the basic knowledge, from numerous sources, that this has zero to do with "choice" on anyone's part. Knowing that, and willfully and deliberately ignoring it, he nullifies his own word.
But now, it's not just about his nullifying his word. In a way that is *divisive and goes against the "mission" of his own church*, he is consistently haranguing and harassing gay people about this.
He is not fit to hold his office.
Or quietly getting rid of all homosexuals one by one. It will be another holocause. Don't you think?
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Dec 23, 2008
born that way wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but what NICE bathrobes they are! Liberace would have been proud to wear those lovely garments.
Miss Pope's campy red shoes are pretty nice too! Do you suppose he's jellin'?

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#19 Dec 23, 2008
It would be better if someone saved us from the efects of Roman Catholicism.

signed,

A Proud Protestant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Dec 23, 2008
joihan777 wrote:
Well?
We know *when* but not *who*

It was the straight people who murdered the Christ and nailed him to a cross. God wasn't too happy with the straight people so he created gay people. We're new and improved.

The first borngay person attests to 9 months after Easter.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#21 Dec 23, 2008
His word actually matters very little even though his followers will say different.

And the Roman Catholic church is split 50/50 down the line on gay and abortion right. I guess alot of his follwers see the writing on the wall too:

Hes an old arrogant bigot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#22 Dec 23, 2008
dwg2468 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or quietly getting rid of all homosexuals one by one. It will be another holocause. Don't you think?
Nope, it could and would never happen and there are too many GLBTQ people in too many areas to have something like that work. Plus, the straight guys who have gay sex etc. And the fact most sex researchers say most people are inherently bisexual anyway.
dwg2468

Long Island City, NY

#23 Dec 23, 2008
Should there be a gay holocause? It can happen you know!
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#24 Dec 23, 2008
Didaskalos wrote:
Most people arent insane homophobes and most people simply dont care where someone sticks their d**k. Get over it.

P.S. Whats the definiton of natural?
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1422
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '16 MichelleMC 219,901
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,371
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web