Pope to UK: deeply sorry, ashamed of ...

Pope to UK: deeply sorry, ashamed of sex abuse

There are 7 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Pope to UK: deeply sorry, ashamed of sex abuse. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI, right, prays next to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, in the Shrine of St Edward the Confessor in Westminster Abbey, London, Friday Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Nothing new here

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Sep 18, 2010
Then put your sorrow where your mouth is and turn in the all the pedophiles to the authorities instead of continuing to aid and abet the pedophiles by hiding them.
Yellow and Proud

Nottingham, UK

#2 Sep 18, 2010
Nothing new here wrote:
Then put your sorrow where your mouth is and turn in the all the pedophiles to the authorities instead of continuing to aid and abet the pedophiles by hiding them.
You're mouthing words but the noise is only coming out of your arse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11354357

Tell me who your heros are and why they are worthy?

UAAF

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 18, 2010
I doubt he is.
Yellow and Proud

Nottingham, UK

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Vegan_Craig wrote:
I doubt he is.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11354357
MAXINE

Bodmin, UK

#5 Sep 18, 2010
SORRY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
they all should be hung ,drung and quartered..or whatever the saying is..you cannot be a man of god if you are doing the devils work
the pope is just as bad as the perpetrators by turning a blind eye or covering up their shame. lol
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#6 Sep 18, 2010
He deliberatly refused to let a convicted child abuser leave the seminary for over 4 years.

He was personally responsible for paedophiles being moved away from areas where they'd caused scandal.

He now says he's sorry but his actions and those of the vatican say very differently indeeed.

A senior member of the RC church compared criticism of their paedophile scandal to the holocaust. The church thinks it is so superior to everyone else on earth that they claim criticism of them when the do evil is the same as murdering 6 million people.

Now the pops is touring the world and meeting victims to appologise to them.

Of course he vets every possible victim beforehand and wont meet with any who are likely to walk out of the meeting and call him a scumbag. He only meets the ones who have been indoctrinated enough by his cult that they'll let him use them as a publicity stunt.

Given what he is supposed to represent the current pope is possibly the most vile human being on the surface of the planet.
FWsouthsider

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Maybe this Pope needs to do what the last one did, and that is to have his photo taken while kissing the Qu'ran.

Actually, this Pope while at the Blue Mosque in Turkey faced towards Mecca and prayed when his hosts did as well. If that didn't make him any friends inside of Militant Islam then short of him committing suicide I can't think of much else that would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '16 MichelleMC 219,900
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,371
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web