Nun tells of healing after praying to John Paul II

Sister Marie Simon-Pierre speaks with the media during a press conference at Aix-en-Provence's archbishopric, Monday, Jan. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Puppetmaster

Vista, CA

#62 Jan 23, 2011
HumbleOne wrote:
Then what did you call the only church in the 1st century, Oh wise one? I'll give you a clue, Pope Ignatius around the turn of the 2nd century coined a permanent phrase, now guess what it was? Then there's that pesky council of Nicene, where separate books were joined to form your non-catholic book. What do you read? It can't be a bible. Oh but who's reading that church history tripe anyhow right? I love people who lift themselves on their own petard - you fit that type perfectly.
Holl'a Back!
I never said that. You have me confused with someeone else.
cornfused

El Paso, TX

#63 Jan 23, 2011
if someone prays to another man that has passed on, isn't one praying to a false God?...idol? I don't get it? I pray to our Father, Creator, God, Lord, not to some man that was assumed to be holier than us????! to each their own, i guess?...
YesHeIs

El Paso, TX

#64 Jan 23, 2011
HumbleOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure all you educated Christians out there never ask anyone to pray for you. YesHeIs says it doesn't work and he/she's an expert! Damn YesHeIs, it must be hard to believe in a book written by heathen Catholics. You better throw your bible away, it's got catholic all over it.
The Old & New Testament authors are Hebrew, Jewish, & one Greek. None of the writings come from a catholic. As far as an expert, I learn something new every time I am in the Word. So, that does not quality as an expert. Just a hungry learner.
HumbleOne

Silver Spring, MD

#65 Jan 23, 2011
Pup - On your Post #60 you said the bible wasn't compliled by Catholics, I say, and gave you facts to research and see for yourself. Playing short term memory loss or do your really not understand I was asking you questions?
HumbleOne

Silver Spring, MD

#66 Jan 23, 2011
Pup -It was indeed compiled by Catholics. It's just fact, sorry if it hurts.
YesHeIs

El Paso, TX

#67 Jan 23, 2011
Moses was a catholic? Ezekial, David, Soloman, ect..... where catholics? Oh, my! Matthew, Paul, Peter? ect...??????
HumbleOne

Silver Spring, MD

#68 Jan 23, 2011
cornfused - pray has more than one meaning. Here's Merriam Websters take:
Definition of PRAY
transitive verb
1: entreat, implore —often used as a function word in introducing a question, request, or plea <pray be careful>
2: to get or bring by praying
intransitive verb
1: to make a request in a humble manner
2: to address God or a god with adoration, confession, supplication, or thanksgiving

You're referring to the intransitive verb meaning #2 praying for others to help you is what saint stuff is and more akin to #1.

Praying to dead people? I don't see people in heaven as dead, so I can't relate to that part of your question. Different Christian sects have different ideas on death, some think you sleep in the grave till judgment day, some see the afterlife immediately. Depends which way you're raised and see it. "To each" their own is the perfect answer, cornfused. It's a personal choice to ask saints or Mary for their help in getting your message through to God. In the Catholic church it's not mandatory.

“Everybody be Cool.”

Since: Dec 07

St. Amable

#69 Jan 23, 2011
I just made a tortilla and the image of JohnPaul is on it. Come on over, just 5 bucks to get in and see it.
Puppetmaster

Vista, CA

#70 Jan 23, 2011
HumbleOne wrote:
Pup - On your Post #60 you said the bible wasn't compliled by Catholics, I say, and gave you facts to research and see for yourself. Playing short term memory loss or do your really not understand I was asking you questions?
You really need to learn how to read. Look up the the word, "written." Now compare with the meaning of "compiled." Please don't insult with your ignorance.
HumbleOne

Silver Spring, MD

#71 Jan 23, 2011
YesHeIs wrote:
Moses was a catholic? Ezekial, David, Soloman, ect..... where catholics? Oh, my! Matthew, Paul, Peter? ect...??????
Look, I'm not into elementary bible studies, did that decades ago. If you don't even know that the old testament and new testament are different eras altogether, and two separate books altogether - well, <shaking head> I think you should really take your own advice and "Come on,... Enough already. Learn the Bible."

P.S. PETER was the first Catholic POPE, he's the one that appointed Pope Ignatius (who named the first original church "Catholic") before he died...DOH. Paul, Matthew, yep - Catholic Church saints before your fundie church ever was conceived.
YesHeIs

El Paso, TX

#72 Jan 23, 2011
HumbleOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I'm not into elementary bible studies, did that decades ago. If you don't even know that the old testament and new testament are different eras altogether, and two separate books altogether - well, <shaking head> I think you should really take your own advice and "Come on,... Enough already. Learn the Bible."
P.S. PETER was the first Catholic POPE, he's the one that appointed Pope Ignatius (who named the first original church "Catholic") before he died...DOH. Paul, Matthew, yep - Catholic Church saints before your fundie church ever was conceived.
Shaking my head.... Please learn the scriptures. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you knowledge, if you are honestly seeking, you will recieve. Catholicism started when? Hint, not with Peter. Another misconception of catholicism, the religion. Try a relationship with Jesus, instead of a religion. Please don't tell me about Peter & the rock. The "rock" is Jesus. This knowledge comes from reading & knowing your Bible.
HumbleOne

Silver Spring, MD

#73 Jan 23, 2011
I will pray for you.. and your learning journey. Peace
Hey - Steelers GO!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Aug 23 Junket 219,422
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,381
Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••